main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Meetings, Queens, and Wasps, Oh My! (Post-TPM, Padme's POV, humor)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Solent, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Solent

Darth_Solent Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    It's almost summer here in Texas, and the wasps are getting into the house, thus giving my siblings and me an interesting time trying to get rid of them. I thought of this after chasing a red wasp around the house for a while.

I know it is different from many of the stories I write, and I haven't had it beta-read yet, but I hope you don't mind.

Enjoy!

<~>~<~>~<~>

Summary: A meeting is interrupted by the strangest visitor.
    Timeframe: Post-TPM, Padme is sixteen.
    Disclaimer: Nope, nothing is mine. I just 'play' with it.

<~>~<~>~<~>

Meeting, Queen and Wasps, Oh My!

They say a Jedi can endure almost anything, and if that is true then I wish I were a Jedi, because this meeting is so boring it could kill the Naboo fly. However, as it is I am not a Jedi and must found other means to survive this meeting about whether or not to put stone on the roads between the city or marble, build the buildings of finest wood of Naboo or the cleanest stone. If I was asked, it all sounds doable to me, but right now I believe Mister Eviklat is just speaking to hear himself.

?And you see, if you use the wood to build the houses than the forests of Naboo will vanish, yet if you use the stone than the beauty of Naboo would vanish, however-...? he went on. Everything he was saying had a downside. Why couldn?t we just order it from another planet?

Knowing I was to be patient, kind and endurable, I sat straight in my throne and watched the noble as he continued his mumbling. Momentarily, not that Eviklat would notice, I cast my gaze on my handmaidens who were secrets throwing hand-signals to one another. This caught my attention.

Right now Rabe was making the signal ?Get Typho?, and I looked across the room to Sabe who shook her head and motioned ?No need?. Looking back at Rabe I noticed she frowned and returned, ?then what do we do??, to which Sabe sent ?Get her attention?, she looked at me and I silently raised an eyebrow questioning her.

Seeing she already had my attention, my decoy ordered, ?Don?t move.? To this I froze, or tried to but Eviklat pulled my attention to him. ?Your Highness?? he questioned, and I tossed my eyes back at him with raised eyebrows, trying to learn why he interrupted me.

Oh yes, he was speaking about roads and buildings, wasn?t he? Thankful for my memory I nodded, ?Yes, Mister Eviklat.?

He seemed unsettled, which caught my attention. The handmaidens were secretly forming a plan, and Evilkat was nervous, and not to mention the guards guarding the Throne room doors seemed to hide a smile. What in Naboo was going on?

?Yes, Mister Eviklat?? I repeated myself more firmly this time.

They were acting as though there was a ghost behind me! At that thought I recalled the rumors that spread silently throughout Naboo. The rumor said that the ghost of Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn wandered throughout the halls of the Royal Palace, protecting all from evil. Well, if he were here than this meeting is evil. That thought almost caused me to smile, but I fought it down and glared at my handmaidens. ?What is it, Handmaiden Sabe?? With the demanding tone of voice I told her not to disobey me.

To my surprise Sabe, as well as my other handmaidens, stood cautiously, and while my decoy came near to me the others went closer to the walls. In the corner of my eye I saw Eviklat move back also. This is so unnerving.

?Your Highness, don?t move,? Sabe ordered staring not at me but at my headdress.

Obeying her, I froze uncertain what the reason was. Was I growing a second head? Then I caught the movement of Sabe lowering her hand to where her blaster was and froze completely, and I believe my blood did as well.

Either someone was outside the window behind me going to attack, or something was seriously wrong for Sabe or any handmaiden to draw their blaster on me!

?Sabe, what are you doing??? I demanded keeping my neck and head stiff, but my eyes were watching her closely as she grabbed something then turned to Sache who was behind her. S

2. Velvet_Elfin

Velvet_Elfin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2002
    Wow what a good story. I like how she was bored and then the wasp came in and relieved the boredom. :) Oh and the fact she felt that if she was a Jedi the meeting would be bareable.

I laughed untill I had tears in my eyes.

Vely

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was really funny. I could just visualize all the Handmaidens going around trying to kill the wasp. Original and well-written.

Good job!!

4. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Velvet_Elfin- Thanks!
    dianethx- Thank you. I wanted to try something different, and chasing wasps around the house can give you new ideas. ;) I'm glad you liked it.

((Solent))

5. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hehe, I could soo imagine this happening, with the "Die, die!" and everything!!! Poor Padme!!!

6. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Things are bigger in Texas, and more active. Here in Michigan, they get in the side door and I just get them to walk on a pencil and toss them back out.

I could see a bunch of screeching, jumping handmaidens. The meeting was over. Saved! Now they need someone to save them from the other wasp. Those headdresses she wears could hold a lot of wasps, good place to make a home.

Anakin could have gotten it with his lightsaber but if she?s 16, he?s only 11. She could have gotten a hair cut, probably quite a few hairs.

Just a little summer fun in the court of the Queen. How are the handmaidens with field mice, I?ve got one of those. 8-}

7. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    bobill- Thanks! :)

Altaira- they get in the side door and I just get them to walk on a pencil and toss them back out.? Oh, you get the easy way! ;) Here they accidentally get into the house, and it takes forever for them to get away from the large windows, and once they?re away from the windows it takes longer to get a good aim and kill them.

Those headdresses she wears could hold a lot of wasps, good place to make a home.- Agreed

Anakin could have gotten it with his lightsaber but if she?s 16, he?s only 11.- I was thinking about having Obi and Anakin there for something, but then thought of the fact that it was a wasp not a blaster blot.

Just a little summer fun in the court of the Queen. How are the handmaidens with field mice, I?ve got one of those. ? You?re getting me thinking here. ;)

I?m glad you enjoyed it. Thanks!

((Solent))

8. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Well, that certainly relieved the boredom... ;)

I don't blame them for freaking out, either. I hate wasps.

Anyway, this was great! Very funny! :D

9. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Alybrylla- Thanks. Yes, I don't like wasps either. :)

((Solent))

10. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Very cute and very funny. I probably would have laughed a whole lot more if I wasn't so tired, but even tired it was hysterical. Sorry my review isn't longer, must go to bed...

11. Darth_Solent

Jun 25, 2002
    Jaci- Thanks, and please don?t tell me you stayed up too late reading my story, but it is good to see you around, again.

Thanks again, I am glad you enjoyed it.

((Solent))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.