main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mega Man Anniversary & Mega Man X Collections

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by HL&S , May 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crestfallen

crestfallen Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2003
    I've never played Mega Man before, should I get this?

2. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
  3. crestfallen

Jul 12, 2003
    I will. 10 games for the price of one is not a bad deal.

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well hopefully it will be out in two weeks time. I haven't been so excited about a game since...well the Zelda Collection that came with the GameCubes last winter. :p I'm a sucker for old games.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Out today! ::)

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    browsed through them each briefly, one little nitpick is i feel they shoulda reversed the fire and jump buttons- A should have been jump and B fire, not the other way aound. Screwed me up a few times already...

7. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    browsed through them each briefly, one little nitpick is i feel they shoulda reversed the fire and jump buttons- A should have been jump and B fire, not the other way aound. Screwed me up a few times already...

No mapping I take it?

What was the original A/B set-up on an NES controller?

8. PolvinKut

PolvinKut Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2003
    On NES it was A jump and B shoot I believe.

9. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    one little nitpick is i feel they shoulda reversed the fire and jump buttons- A should have been jump and B fire, not the other way aound. Screwed me up a few times already...

I just came in here to say the exact same thing. I wish they would have made an option for control configuration. :( It's really screwing me up bad. It doesn't feel natural the way the control is set up. I'm getting hit by the easiest enemies because of it. I feel like an amateur. Didn't they realize this would alienate some of us?

I also didn't see an option for an updated soundtrack. Or does that need to be unlocked?

It's still great to have so many games on one disc though.

10. crestfallen

Jul 12, 2003
    I bought it today. I even plan on playing it someday.

11. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    I WAS PI$$ed to say the least about the GC version when they swapped controlls A and B. I sold that one FAST on Ebay and bought the PS2 version, which I HIGHLY reccomend. PS2 did it right, AND, something GC version doesn't have in Navi Mode is that the PS2 version's Navi mode features remixed music REINCORPORATED throughout the games, so this makes it an extra sweet experience. I can't believe how bad GC screwed it up though. I was so disappointed. Luckily my friend gave me the low down on the PS2 versiona nd the control layout is much much better for those used to the classic controller config.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Is the remixed music on the PS2 optional? Cause it would suck to lose the original music (and kinda defeats the purpose of the whole collection to begin with).

13. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    I think the remixed music is optional...don't quote me on it; I don't actually have the game yet.

14. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I can tolerate the A/B crap if the game is on easy because I just beat Mega Man 3 like that. But on normal mode it's just impossible.

So the Playstation 2 one got it right eh? Typical. I had originally bought the PS2 version then realized I wanted the GameCube one instead because I felt they did a good job with the Zelda collection and Sonic collection. But what's done is done. Perhaps we'll eventually be able to train our thumbs to work their way. :(

How could they have dropped the ball so hard with it? Did they not even test the game? Honestly. Any professional gamer would have found that flaw right off the bat. Or at least they should have given us the option to customize our own controls for the game.

15. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Pft, a real hardcore Mega Man would rewire his controller :p

Actually. As I write it... that's not a terrible idea. GC controllers have those star screws, but you can still get a screwdriver for it, just buy an extra controller, pop it open, look around at the wires, take some pictures, resolder the leaders, and test the controller. It doesn't sound too hard....

¤Night

16. urgent_jedi_picnic

urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    ^

I am in awe. I agree. How could they make such a huge and obvious mistake?

By the way, on GC Metroid Prime, when you unlock old-school Metroid, it has the exact same problem. So that's at least twice this has happened for Nintendo.

Amazing. PS2 version, here I come. (I am so glad I read this thread before going and getting the GC version)

17. Emperor_Joe

Emperor_Joe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    You know Dr Wiley was a little out of it when he created robotic flamingos.

18. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Since I never played the originals, it shouldn't be too hard for me to adjust to the Cube controller. We'll see.

19. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    I still play the original games so I don't know if I'll buy this for my PS2.

20. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    MEGA MAN

Can't wait to get this. :)

21. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    My favorite Mega Man game is Mega Man 3.

My favorite stage of all time is Needle Mans level.

My favorite boss is the Dragon in Wilys first level in Mega Man 2.

My favorite weapon is the Gemini Laser.

My favorite music theme is Wily 1 of Mega Man 5.

22. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Mega Man 2 was too easy. Your arm cannon was enough most of the time to kill the bosses, even the Wiley Castle bosses.

Who can forget that Sith sucking Clay Man from Mega Man 1, the heartpounding it took to kill it?

(I used the pause-unpause elec beam trick)

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Which supposedly will not work on the Anniversary edition ;)

I always dug Mega Man 4 myself- though granted it was the only one I ever owned, I did play or rent the others quite often.

I just found the Cassock story angle to be refreshing, and it had a good mix of easy bosses (Toad Man) and hard bosses (oh, damn you Pharoh Man!).

24. HL&S

Oct 30, 2001
    I never found Pharaoh man too difficult. I hated Ring Man and his stage though.

I owned Mega Man 3 and Mega Man 5 while my friend had Mega Man 1, 2, and 6. Then another friend only had 4. So we got to play each game whenever we wanted luckily.

I'm sorta getting used to the new control system. It's still a pain, but it's somewhat better. Whether it will actually become easy over time has yet to be seen.

In order of least favorite to favorite...

8. Mega Man 8
    7. Mega Man 6
    6. Mega Man 7
    5. Mega Man 1
    4. Mega Man 4
    3. Mega Man 5
    2. Mega Man 2
    1. Mega Man 3

25. Mayhem

Mayhem Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Megaman 3 was probably my favorite.
    I'm trying to go in order now and just have two of the boss bots left in Megaman 2(Heatman and Quickman).

The old pause-elecman trick in 1 still works(at least on the GC).
    Anyone unlock any extras yet?
    So far I just have an art gallery,credits, and a megaman mix song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.