main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mega Meeting???

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I know our official metings are the third Saturday, but we talked briefly about having our next meeting at MegaCon, which is the 4th Saturday (Feb. 26th).

Is this cool with everyone? I know a few of the members that are in the Gamer's Guild are going that day, I'll be there all weekend.

I just realized that the 501st/Rebel Legion/Fan Force dinner is going to be that Saturday night. I'm already signed up for that so would anyone be interested in combining the two? Or would it be better to just have a meeting locally the weekend before and meet up informally at Mega and hang out?

Here's the thread for the dinner: dinner. The dinner is a voluntary costumed event (meaning you can dress up and hang out with other geeks and not field bad about spilling "soda" on your tunic ;) ).

2. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    While I personally like the idea of a meeting at MC, maybe we should have the meeting the weekend before. I'm going to MegaCon with two friends and I'm not sure how interested they will be. One is a SW fan, one is a very casual SW fan, so I dunno how they'd feel. :/ I will ask them though. :)

BTW, my femmetrooper design that I mentioned. That will probably never get finished at this point. -_-;;

3. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
  4. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    ARGHHH!!! :mad: Don't remind me! :_|

5. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah that sucks. he must be really wierd
    i like having the meeting at mega cuz i got to work on my Cap-t to go to which sucks cuz i have to go i will see if i can get our of it

6. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    so whats the plan for FEB.

7. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Don't have one yet. Looking at my schedule I'm good for a bit the weekend before Mega. Although that Friday I plan to go see Constantine.

I'll be in DC the 10-13th. I say the weekend before Mega we do something.

8. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I agree, the weekend before would be good. Now just to figure out what to do. :)

9. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    Ok good news I am free the 18 19 20th of Feb. I mixed up the days for training so I am good. For the weekend before mega. So what is there to do around here? Any one like to go-kart and pizza. Or movie
    Just thinking of some ideas. :p

10. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Pizza and/or movie would be cool, but what movie? :confused: Something new or an old fave? And Go-Kart City is just down from where I live if we went there and not to Speedpark. However, Speedpark has DDR... [face_thinking]

I'm completely free on Friday, anything on Saturday would have to be after 5pm and I'm not free Sunday until after 9pm (work).

11. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    yeah that sounds good. but i suck at ddr

12. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I suck at DDR, but I still like to play, heh. Only problemt with going to Speedpark is all the HS kids that will likely be there taking over both DDR machines. -_-

13. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    so guys and gals whats the deal on the meeting? :-B

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    i saythe weekend before. do we want to do something? Seeing as how it is right before a con, i would say saving money is key

15. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I agree. Saving money is good. Maybe we could do something cheap, like pizza and a movie at someone's house? Only trouble is is, who's? :confused: And what to watch, of course...

16. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    well pizza is good, and my house is reall small so i cant fit to many people in here so any other ideas

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    My place gets crammed at about 6 people, as Sam and Dan can attest to. I tink we did up to 9 during the Scapethon last year.

18. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I'd offer my house, but no one should be subjected to that. It's too noisy and there's nowhere to escape the insanity either. Except my room which is smallish and crammed and cluttered with stuff.

19. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    maybe i can squeze all u guys n gals over here but if i do i need to know how many people are going to come

20. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I like the idea that we have a movie night. I think we should watch a Star Wars flick, since we have yet to do that and we are a SW fan club. It does get quiet cramped in Q's place and I live in the dorms. I really don't think that I can get my suitmates to agree on letting me have a lot of people in here only b/c they hate my guts.

21. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Which movie would we watch? OT or PT? And which film?

22. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    hey every one i am back, omg cap-t was horrible.the cadets where hard to handle so we had to yell alot. anywho, i think the OT is much better. i will talk with my mother tonight about the movie and pizzia for this weekends meeting.
    oh before i forget at the cap-t all the other senoir members that where with me, were making fun of me cuz i like star wars, cuz i heard some turkey or bird calls and i was like ewoks. ok well talk to u all later

23. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    haha, awesome man. Nothing wrong with being made fun of for liking star wars. Better than being made fun of for having a bugar hangin' or something.

The meeting is this weekend, isn't it? Wow, holy wow. Let's get this nailed down then so I can send the info off to Brightstar.

Meeting, Saturday the 19th. If we do a Trilogy Marathon I think it should start during the day, say around 10am? Just let me know the time and place.

On that note, I completely forgot that I'm going to be working a charity event this weekend at Riddle. It's 24 hours so I probably won't be able to make the meeting.

It's also race week, so would that discourage anyone from coming? If so we could always do a quick meetup at Mega and have the official movie-meeting the first weekend of the month or something.

24. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I have to work on Saturday from probably 11am to 5pm, so. . .yeah. I'll spring for Q's idea at this point. ;)

25. ca_tron

ca_tron Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2002
    I won't be able to make it to the meeting at Mega. Can't afford it and I have to do this ERRSA thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.