main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mega thread: Sequels and spinoff films and the overall saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by anakinfansince1983 , Jun 20, 2017.

1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  2. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    I see..

Why the hell should a headline about the prequels being more included and referenced into the ST? It's not like the prequels are TCW or Rebels. I think this shows me that they don't consider the prequels much of anything unless it's some damn extended material.

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Bit of a cynical view. To me it's notable bcs the ST is set around 60 years after the PT. At a time when every single main PT character is dead.

4. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    Prequels have already been referenced in ST so far. Oh and it's actually the author of that article asking for reassurance about the sequel trilogy tying in with the whole saga including the prequel trilogy and getting , wait for it, a positive answer.

Well stone me!

Edit. : It is in fact an article about a reddit thread where someone mentions meeting asking the co writer if the later episodes will tie the whole saga together. [​IMG]

5. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Wait a minute.

Prequels aren't referenced enough = People complain that they should be included

Prequels are referenced more = People complain that they're just being used as extended material?

Regardless of the validity of the person in question (Considering it's a reddit poster with a deleted account, I would say the validity is very close to none) that is a really messed up view.

6. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.

7. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    Ah yes, I've read the Reddit post and I found the information to be a bit false. And I didn't read the article because it didn't open for me.

References are most of the time I see, are superficially implemented moments within a movie.. I never said they were bad nor reject them as your post disingenuously imply. They've already been referenced before(The clones, the fight between Rey and Kylo). I would rather have something built into the story in this case to connect the saga together.

8. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Anakin Skywalker>>Darth Vader>> his legacy & the impact his life has on his descendants.

9. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    >>> The faltering new system of government that took millenia to consolidate in the previous republican era,>>>> the struggles to put and end to conflict >>> The efforts of a new generation to acquaint itself with spiritual matters of the previous generations after a period of prohibition and disconnection with its purpose, etc etc.

10. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Yeah, I think it’s safe to assume that Anakin’s legacy will remain central to the Skywalker plot. It’ll be interesting to see where they go with it.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  11. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I've eventually concluded that a small, disaffected part of fandom frequently performs mental gymnastics to maintain an illusion that Disney and Kennedy are attempting to 'dis' Lucas' legacy.

On a more relaxed note, I've also seen people suggesting that Snoke's throne room reminds them of Planet Mungo from Flash Gordon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]:p

12. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

"Real Sets. Practical Effects."

"Setting one foot in the pre-digital world"

These ironic statements was heavy in the marketing for this movie. And every time they were brought up, the mentions were all about the old trilogies design.

[​IMG]

If we are comparing; TLJ looks flat...Just a red backround and some small devices thrown in on the four corners of the room.

On it's own it's nice looking.

Visivious Drakarn likes this.
  13. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    There was a guy in the TFA documentary who said something along the lines of "You can't make a Star Wars movie without shooting it on film." Obviously a jab at the prequels, but unbeknownst to him at the time, also a diss of Disney's very next Star Wars movie, Rogue One. So I guess you CAN do Star Wars without shooting it on film, after all. The irony. It's so delicious.

14. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    That guy probably wasn't aware of all of the technological advancements & different techniques that could be employed using digital cameras.

"One method for melding the classic and the future was in the use of the same Ultra Panavision 70mm lenses that Quentin Tarantino used to shoot The Hateful Eight. Not similar lenses, the exact ones that Robert Richardson and Tarantino dug up at Panavision. But instead of shooting on film, Rogue One affixed these lenses to Arri Alexa 65, the 6k Large Format camera used on the latest Mission: Impossible film. The marriage of Arri’s new camera with the Panavision lenses is described as giving the filmmaker all the benefits of digital while maintaining the grit and magnificence of those lenses".
    https://filmschoolrejects.com/rogue-one-camera-technology

15. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    I'm pretty sure an assistant director is allowed to have an opinion on his preferred format for cinema, particularly Star Wars, without it being turned into disrespect for two thirds of the prequels.

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    it's also one comment made by a dude who wasn't involved in sw until tfa. it's basically a meaningless statement.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  17. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    In related news, Disney is in talks to buy most of 21st Century Fox.
    Could part of the deal be that Fox gets a share of future Star Wars home and theater releases in exchange for the insertion of the opening fanfare? [face_praying]

18. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    More likely that Disney will get Fox's library of content in exchange for a pile of money.

I'd rather see the Fox fanfare removed from all of the films. It's nothing more than a corporate logo & jingle. For a company that's never had an ounce of creative input into any SW movie. The only logo that should appear is that of Lucasfilm. I much prefer the way the new films begin, & look fwd to the others coming into line as soon as Fox loses the distribution rights.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  19. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    If it wasn't for Fox, or rather Laddy Jr at Fox, then there would not have been a Star Wars. At least, not as we know it.

20. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    JW composed the Star Wars Main Title as a continuation of the Fox fanfare. Without the fanfare, it feels to me like part of the film is missing.

21. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Sure, & while they have the distribution rights they deserve to be there. It's just a personal preference. I like no other studio's logo & music present. Just Lucasfilm & that's it.

22. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  23. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    Until the time comes unto their deliverance, I shall not think so....

"No loose wire jokes"

24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  25. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014