main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL MegaCon 2004

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Pikaroth, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I don't remember a contest, but probably a third of everyone there was dressed up. I think this year I have a different costume for each day.

2. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    There is a costume contest, but you have to sign up in advance...just ask my cross-dressing friend Magus...hahaha. That was a joke...nevermind.

Newho, yes, there is a costume contest.

3. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Do you think She-he Padme will be there?

4. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    this is going to be so hard...i dont know which of my millions of costumes ill do....i think i ll redo my tqwi'lek jedi cosume...ill paint it all blue :)

Ia

5. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm going as a volunteer one day. If I go another day it'll be as a radio announcer, though I also have a closet full of fanboy costumes. -Campbell

6. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Now that MegaCon is nearly upon us, I figured it was time to somewhat bring back this thread. I had told everyone I was going Saturday, as I always do, but that has got to be changed now. Because something came up that is unavoidable, Stefanie and I will be there on Sunday, March 7th.

Also, for those that are fans of the now-cancelled Angel, you may want to note that Mercedes McNab, who portrays Harmony, will be there on Friday only.

For her and Allison Mack (Chloe on Smallville), it seems they are doing the ticket thing again where if you don't get one in advance, you're screwed. Allison will be there on Saturday and Sunday (she was due on Friday, but had to it to Sunday).

Also, the last of the three "major" guests is Brad Dourif, who portrayed the second best character in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Wormtongue. He has been everywhere, though, from Dune to Babylon 5. Unless I am missing something, you will *not* need a ticket to get his autograph, but if anyone finds out otherwise, please post it here. He will be signing on all three days.

So, who else is going to go, what days, etc.? While I know we don't wish to hang out with each other all day, we can always say hi or grab lunch before we go our sperate ways.

Again, we'll be there Sunday instead of Saturday. Which, of course, just sucks, but the good is that stuff should be cheaper, easier to bargain them down in price. Also, from what I understand, Sundays are not nearly as crowded as Saturdays. We'll make the best of it... and eat a way over-priced pretzel.

Brandon

7. tristan458

tristan458 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 15, 2003
    I think I may go all 3 days. Dont know for sure yet. I have some friends coming over from Spring Hill and I think they may make a 3 day weekend out of it. I do have 3 costumes (hopefully they will all be ready) so I may wear a different one each day. Who knows. I dont have a problem running around with everybody all day. This is the only time I actually get to hang out with friends and do Star Wars stuff/Sci-Fi. Guess Ill just wait and se how things go as the days get closer.

Dale

8. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    My friends and roommate won't commit to a day, so I don't know yet. I keep asking them Saturday or Sunday and they can't decide. I may just go both days and at this rate by myself or with someone, rain or shine, I will be there. I've heard so much about Megacon and wouldn't miss it for the world!
    I'm sure I'll run in to some of you there and maybe we could have lunch or as Brandon said "an overpriced pretzel".
    FX was so much fun with the group but I guess Megacon is done differently as I've been told. Can't wait to see you decked out Dale! Well, I'm sure we'll all talk about this more later (perhaps in this upcoming meeting?).

Melanie

9. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I haven't done a con since I was 15 (I'm 28 now). I think I'd be hopelessly lost unless I had some guidance. :) I won't be able to go all three days. If there's a good group going on one of the days I can make efforts to attend that day.

L8r

10. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    I am gonna try for Sunday too! I'm gonna see if my best friend wants to go too. If not I'll go alone, I did last year, no biggie.

11. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Oh, it is a biggie. Last year was the first, and so far only, year I went alone. About an hour after being there, though, things got much better and the loneliness was gone, but it *did* annoy me to have to go alone. Hopefully your friend will be able to go. I know people disagree on this, and while doing stuff alone is great at times (seeing movies, for example), MegaCon is up there with the Enzian to me, in that going alone feels, I don't know, like you're being watched (probably by the thousands that went alone, too).

The good thing about going alone is that you can pretty much do what you want, see what you want, wait in any lines you want, eat when and where you want, leave when you want, so there are a number of good things.

I could go on and on about doing stuff alone (both good and bad), but I won't. You just reminded me of last year. If your friend reads this: Go with him! It's fun!

Brandon

12. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I like going with friends a lot more than going alone- as seen at FX. ...but going alone does prevent the competition (from Dale).

13. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I know some of the Beachtroopers will be there throughout the weekend. Are you all going to be wearing any sort of ID? I think it'd be cool to meet up somewhere. If you go Friday and see a Grand Admiral, that'd be me. I'll probably be a Jedi on Sunday.

14. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Nah it didn't bother me one bit going alone. No one paid me no mind- which is the norm in any instance, plus no one had to hang out with me out of pity. So it all worked out in the end.

15. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I will be going to Megacon on Saturday. Sounds like Campbell is going on Friday and Brandon & Stefanie will be going on Sunday. Dale said he was going to try and go all 3 days. So whatever day you want to go, there's someone going. I have 2 friends going with me (1 who I haven't talked to in over a year). Anyone who wants to join my "little group" PM me. The more the merrier. Well, we have this and then the meeting at the end of the month, PLUS my birthday so March is going rock! Well, talk to you all later.
    Melanie

16. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    The lady didn't lie. Seems I'll be volunteering for the first half of Friday and will do the convention till close the second half. Saturday it appears I'll have to work, and Sunday I'll be at the Florida Film Festival. I'll try to post any good finds here on Friday night. -Campbell

17. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Anyone gonna try and get Allison Mack's autograph. I have a hard time choosing which is the hotter chick on Smallville- Allison or Kristen. They are both hotties though... but I think Kristen wins out just on exotic looks alone.

18. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    With as hot as I look, they might want my autograph!

19. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    Oooh, how much are you going to charge? I want to be first in line!! lol
    I'm not the collector you guys are. I'm going for the sites, sounds & experiences. Everyone has their own agenda and I'm sure we'll all come away happy.

Melanie

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    I'm not planning on getting any autographs, but who knows.

21. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Hey Dale if you get a very personal autograph from Allison Mack tell me how that was.

22. tristan458

Aug 15, 2003
    Will do!

23. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    I want to be there to take photos of all the freaks in costumes, then post them to the web and laugh about them with other people...

24. Phntmns

Phntmns Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2003
    OK, I give up. Has anyone ordered tickets online? I thought someone did, but when I went to the website, I couldn't find where to order them.

25. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    are they sold out for any of the dates yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.