main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL MegaCon Lunch Meeting Saturday

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LordGoldenArrow, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    We talked about meeting for lunch on Saturday.

How about 1130 for a time?

Does anyone have a place? Are people still interested in going?

Art

2. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    I am going!!!!

3. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    I'll be there. Not sure if I'll make it by 11:30 though...I may be a little late

4. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    We shall be there Art (my dad, accomplice in crime, and I)

5. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    I'll be there, unless it conflicts with a seminar I wanna see or something.

6. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I've got bad news for those of you who love me!!! I cant go to megacon bc im utterly broke and my dad's bday is coming up so I gotta save my mere pennies for that!!! I still love you guys though!! Send in pictures and everything so I can add them to the site!! (James, I will eventually see your PDA, dont worry!)

7. Delaya

Delaya Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 26, 2001
    We shall miss you!

8. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    well that blows- the only person I looked forward to seeing too. :(
    Oh well.. You gotta do what you feel is right.

9. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    I too have good news and bad news.

The bad news is I may not be able to attend Saturday.
    :(

The good news is the reason why...
    I'm up for a big promotion @ work that would pay me A LOT more and (hopefully) better hours. I have training classes and meetings all the rest of the week and won't know anything definate until Friday, nothing like cutting it close huh?

Oh well. Hopefully things may work out and I'll see you all there, if not take lots of pics and our next meeting can be a lunch meeting for food and discussion!

Until later...

Dan

10. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    awww poor dan!! As long as you get extra moola for Star Wars toys, it's all good!! hahahaha.

As for the meeting idea, not bad!!! hehehehehe!! Plus we can discuss upcoming stuff (cough star wars weekends cough cough)!!!!!

11. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Well, if you want to discuss SW Weekends...I suggest getting a cannon SW costume. Then you could participate with the 501st and the RL while we participate int the weekend! Should be awesome.

Check it out here:
    http://www.fl501st.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=890

12. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    I can't wait for that one. I shall be there for sure!

And yes it sucks possibly missing Mega but the extra money would be VERY nice right about now. Still I was in a training class ALL day today and have another ALL DAY tommorow as well. Then if I get the promotion I have a 4 and a half day additional training class to attend...
    Uhhhh....

--Dan

13. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Well I got good news and bad news too!! Not to out do anyone- but- I will be at Megacon- but not at any luncheon bit- which doesn't seem to bad since no one can make up there minds on that one- but I forgot that I have school Saturday Morning- in Melbourne!!!

14. Wolfgang_Treadwell

Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    So you'll be slumming, then, Ruckus, given that you weren't looking forward to seeing any of the rest of us? :p

15. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    AWW see im not the only party pooper!!! sheesh ppl!! ;) Newho, yeah thats the dilemma. but i still love you people!

16. Red-24

Red-24 Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2003
    speaking of SW Weekends...

Yeah so I'm always in costume at Studios, it gets really hot and the parade route seems really long. I know I'm going to have to work during the 501st\RL parade. I'll just be in Star Tours Orange and Blue instead of pilot orange. I hope that I can get out to
    be in the parade!

Back to Megacon...

It's sad so many of you won't be at Megacon I was looking foward to meeting all of you! I know i'll get to see you all at SW Weekends! It's almost may, yah! I'll just have to wait...

17. JediDan

Apr 25, 2001
    Good news everyone!
    I got my promotion! WOOHOO!!
    I start next week. I still may not be able to make saturday but I may be able to stop by Sunday for a bit, still not sure. If not everyone enjoy!!

-Dan

18. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    As usual, I am posting at the last minute. It still looks as if I am going, and since it is now Friday at 8:52pm while I type this, I doubt that that is going to change.

I would like to show up at the lunch, but, so far, it seems that no one has posted where everyone is going to meet at and how we can recognize each other. Out of the three people whose appearance I know, two are not going and one will not be there for the lunch... perhaps I'll just wonder around holding a sign of sorts? =)

Also, unless something changes, I'll be going alone for the first time ever, which does not sound like fun, but, well, I never miss MegaCon, so it will only be me joining for lunch (unless I can talk someone into going in a few hours).

So, then, I'll be there, and 11:30am sounds like a decent time. All I need (well, we all need) to know now is where is this going to take place at?

Until tomorrow then...

Brandon

19. chewbacca1138

Mar 12, 2002
    talk about late posting! Im leaving in two hours!! I actually got tickets from my friend so I will be going today (saturday) from 9- around 3 or 4 pm. If anyone reads this, I will be the geek with leia buns and a hangtag advertising my site!!

20. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Wow, super duper late posting. It looks as if the lunch is not going to happen, but if anyone wants to hook up to eat or what not, feel free to give me a call on my cell phone at 407-761-4160. I obviously won't have it on during any panel discussions or what not, but if I am just walking around, it should be on.

I hope to see someone there. =)

Brandon

21. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    hmmm... since I never saw any exact plans I have decided to go Sunday- which sucks now- but what can ya do? Anyone going tomorrow? If so wanna meet up there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.