MegaCon

Discussion in 'Melbourne, FL' started by Thumper09, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    So who here is coming to MegaCon, and what day(s)? Maybe we can find a time when we can all get together for a snack or something.

Details: http://www.megaconvention.com

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday for sure. Friday is iffy.
    Chances are I'll be in the vicinity of the 501st/Rebel Legion booth.

-Katie
    Thumper
  2. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

star 2
    Well, I'll be there!

We are trying to meet with the Orlando FF and the Tampa FF on Saturday for lunch!

Check the Orlando board for details!
  3. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    My dad, Marlana, and I will be there on Saturday.

I ordered out tickets online, so we'll just have to pick them up on Saturday. But lunch sounds cool.

I wonder how long my hair will stay in. :D
  4. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    I wonder how long my hair will stay in to???!!! WHAT?? Anyways- Hmmm.... I hate the area the convention center is- only takes a week to get a mile. Hey I got a place to eat- never been there- but have heard nothing but good about- is- Dan Marino's Town Tavern- its less then a mile up I-Drive. Whadya think- huh huh? Well I will let you all bat it around.
  5. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

star 2
    something really close would be best! Some of us are going to be in costume and I remember walking a mile at the MS Walk. <g> It can be done, but probably better to do something close.

Art
  6. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ruckus, I think Mayo is referring to how long her hair will stay styled into the Leia "danishes" once she gets in costume. :) Correct me if I'm wrong, Mayo.

If we're doing lunch at 11:30, the closer to the convention, the better, for me at least. Otherwise I'll have to bail early for the 1pm RL squadron photo.

And blast it, I can't remember if Pointe Orlando was in walking distance. It might depend on what "hall" the convention is in. Bah. I don't know. Coherency escapes me at the moment.

-Katie
    Thumper
  7. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'll be there Fri/Sat/Sun. But on sat not until about noon. I have to work that day. And blast it all I won't be in cosutme!!!
    Work and school take too much time away from serious costuming.
  8. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehe. You're quite right Kaite. I'll be in costume, so my mom has to put my hair up before I leave, and my danishes have to stay in as long as possible, seeing as I'm not quite able to to work with my hair and pins, and frankly, as much as I like Marlana as a best friend, the thought of her and pins near my head, is just plain scary. :D

9. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    If your hair has fallen down when you get there, I'll do what I can to help. Don't want Leia running around with her hair all a mess. Quite unseemly for a Princess.
  10. Wolfgang_Treadwell Jedi Knight

star 1
    Guess you won't need the saber, then, Delaya? :)
  11. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    No. :( But I love that saber!
    I feel so left out with no cosutme....
  12. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    You won't be alone Delaya. Marlana won't be in costume either.

Thanks. No, I suppose it wouldn't be proper for me to do so. :D :p
  13. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah! I won't be alone. Actually it's better that I'm not in costume. I need to take lots of pictures and a camera doesn't really go with a Jedi.
  14. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

star 2
    It sounds like it's going to be a regular party! :) We'll have to get Lum with us and then it'll rock!
  15. Thumper09 Force Ghost

star 4
    I need to take lots of pictures and a camera doesn't really go with a Jedi.

Now, Delaya, holodocumentarians are an integral part of the SW universe. ;) Just take your camera and walk around with a protocol droid head attached to your shoulder and you'll be EU canon.

(You had to have read Starfighters of Adumar to understand that reference.)

-Katie
    Thumper
  16. Delaya Jedi Knight

star 2
    LOL. I have read Starfighters of Adumar so I recognize the reference. But does anyone have a droid head I can borrow?
  17. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    well- peeps- since we ain't figured anyplace to eat yet I don't feel bad in saying I won't be at it- I will be at MegaCon. I forgot I have school Saturday morning and don't wanna miss it. So we all still meeting at 1? Well-I don't think I know all the particulars of our meeting- so I may not even see any of you all.
  18. LordGoldenArrow Force Ghost

star 2
    Sorry you won't be there Ruckus!

1130 meet for FanForce lunch

1pm is Rebel Legion photo.
  19. Mayo_Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Where are we gonna eat on Saturday?

And are the places being considered near the convention center?

Mandy
    -I'm not a witness to anything. Except the fact that my teacher doesn't like me. :D
  20. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    (suddenly an apparition appears- you see it's silhouette shimmer in the distance- it looks familiar somehow- some people in the crowd think it looks like Afred Hitchcock, some Jackie Gleason, others still notice it is Jedi Ruckus- then in a haunting, yet James Earl Jones-esque voice he begins to speak-
    "Go to Dan Marino's- there you will meet food- the same kind of food that instructed me."
    Then someone says- "Food! Ruckus!"
    (then the apparition fades away- and someone who resembles Porkins walks up.)
    "Hey you need to go to Dan Marino's- I'll show you the way."

FIN
  21. TheSpectre Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm gonna miss you guys.
  22. Ruckus Force Ghost

star 3
    hmmm... since I never saw any exact plans I have decided to go Sunday- Anyone going tomorrow? If so wanna meet up there?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.