MegaCon

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Reposted by the request of Q99213.

I know this is way early, but it looks like the dates for Mega Con will be March 5th-7th. This would mark the one year anniversary of our Fan Force, so I plan to get a weekend pass and do it right ;) Start planning your costume now! :)
  2. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmmm- at the very least I think I want to have a second, more practical Jedi costume by then. Perhaps it could be a standard issue, temple training outfit or something. Hoorha for MegaCon!
  3. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    You could always just adapt what you have now into some sort of Siri outfit. Check out the cover of JA 9. Get a white karate gi, dye it a very light tan, and use the belt and boots and such that you already have, and BAM! Perfect Padawan training outfit :) Lord knows there are enough costumers in the area if you need help/ideas.
  4. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    That's kind of the idea I was going with. I would have to add some sort of tabbards, though. Siri's looked a bit much like a dyed karate gi.
  5. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think it was a dyed karate gi ;)

For that uniform I think some simple cloth tabbards would be the way to go. You could probably sew them right to the top.
  6. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a brand new sewing machine that my mom sent me if you want to do that. I'm looking for a new unifrom to, my last one is awful.
  7. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    ooooo, shiny! I've got an old beast from the 50's I think, but it will sew anything and everything! It's the only one I fould that could sew my vinyl tabbards.
  8. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    It is a small one, mostly to sew tears in my clothes (b/c we all now about those small accidents). :D
  9. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Jayna, check out Obi-Wan's outfit on the cover of JA 11. That looks really cool, with the karate gi look/obi/half cloak thing. Heck, I may make that for myself! :)
  10. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    i gust wanted to say to everyone, if u join the gamers guild and pay the $10 dues, u get a free day pass to Maga Con witch is more than 10 bucks. just wanted to let u know, and u will get to go see a new movie for free. our mettings are Mon. and Wed. in the student center at 7pm
  11. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    I would, but there would be no way that I could go to any of the meetings. Thank you though!

So, how are everyone's MegaCon costumes coming?
  12. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    i found out how much it would take to get it done, so this summer i will save the money to do one next year. the contacts are $200. i want it to look nice and not something i slaped together the night before
  13. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. Those are some pricey contacts! Are they really the only ones you can go with? There aren't any cheaper?
  14. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    i know, there is only one place that has them and they r 99.95 or something like that per contact. the reason is because they are a full eye contact. I am doing a DUNE costume so i need the full blue contacts. and the cloke is going to be alot if i have some one do it for me.

so in short i am SOL
  15. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey man, my Thrawn contacts are 125 per lens. We're probably looking at the same place. I think I'll just be a generic GA for now, along with a Generic Jedi :)
  16. jackdoud Jedi Knight

star 1
    So Q, what are you planning for megacon? Are you getting a room? I'd like to try and troop one day if possible, it keeps me from spending money :). The Guild has about 18 people on the signup sheet for going saturday. If i go with them I can't really take my armor. John's trying to do an Inuasha costume and possible an Ed costume from megatokyo. I'm also helping Big Chris make a Boo costume from megatokyo for the con. Let me know what you're thinking.

-Jack
  17. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know if I'll get a room or not. I know I am going for at least the Sat and Sun, possibly even the Friday. From what I've read over on the FL 501st boards, most of the rooms anywhere near the event are booked, so I'll probably just drive. It's only about an hour. But yeah, count me in at least two days if you want to troop. I'm still working with 'that guy' to get my armor. Waiting on the helmet situation.
  18. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    i might also want to go that sunday, that if i want to, or it is because i spent all my money in my bank account ;)
  19. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Jack, it's been decided for me that I'm not going the Saturday, so I won't be getting a hotel or trooping that day, but I will be going Friday and Sunday.
  20. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    hey we need to get together to see about the cloke, how much cloth i need and stuff i need.
  21. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    cool man. Just let me know when. I think the pattern calls for 7.5 yards. basically you just need to find something wide enough to cover from shoulder to shoulder, which will be the back, then I'll cut two peices for the front and sew them up the side, then the hood. You can add whatever type of clasp you want, not a big thing. I'm thinking maybe half a day. I'll let you know when hell freezes over and I get one.
  22. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds great. i need a cloke but, it is offical now that i am going as an warhammer 40k Ork. i still want to do the cloke but we dont have to do it before magacon. if i am going to do a freman i need the contacts. so maby we can get together one weekend and make it.
  23. BIGGIE Jedi Knight

star 1
    One week left, who is ready?
  24. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Holy blast! We really do have only one more week! I was totally thinking that we had at least two. How did it sneak up so quickly?!?!?

Seeing as how I can only go on Sunday, who all is planning on going Sun?
  25. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I think of the Beachtroopers it's just me and you. But we also have a bunch of the Players going. I know it's Rick, Ryan, and Brian, and I think Matt is going. Here's to hoping my Parks comes in *crosses eyes*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.