main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Megalomaniac Palpatine: whereabouts in the OT and Legacy and Sith immortality

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by L0RD VADER, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I don't think it's being discussed elsewhere, lock me if it is.

Lots of rumors are floating around regarding the following:

Sith Homeworld
    Super Weapon of mass destruction
    Sith apprentice and old student of Palpatine

Here's my theory on what was happening during the OT and that we never saw onscreen and may (or may not) be revealed in Episode VII...

I must admit, I NEVER consumed any EU material (but the Zhan trilogy)

After ROTS, Order 66 and the purge of Jedi remnants and establishment of a Galactic Empire, I don't think Palpatine, that is not just the regular Dictator, hungry for power, would sit on his throne and concentrate on eliminating a bunch of rebels. That task was given to Vader and Tarkin.

In ANH, the "feud" between Tarkin and Vader was on how they could force rebelious systems to join the Empire and to eliminate definitely Rebels. Tarkin relied heavily on the Death Star to do so... Vader at that point became obsolete and useless.... and frustrated. He became relevant again the moment he sensed a Jedi was still alive (Obi Wan)... and then Luke... and Leia...

Still, all of this is a "local" matter for Palpatine, something he has not to take care personally. He feels he needs to intervene when he realises Anakin has a son and could become a threat to him.

I draw a parallel to what we have seen in the Prequel Trilogy, most precisely in The Phantom Menace...

While he sends his apprentice and pawns to fight the Jedi, he is planning a bigger scheme. To control of the Galaxy and to destroy the Jedi that could stop him to do so.

So, what was Palpatine up to after ROTS... what was he doing during the OT up to the point who he realises/or not that Luke Skywalker is becoming a threat to his masterplan.

And what is his MASTERPLAN at this point?

What's after controlling a Galaxy? THE UNIVERSE!

At this point, he no longer has to concentrate on what is happening in the senate, the galaxy, the pityful little band of rebels... Vader and his army is taking care of that matter.

So if Palpatine's next megalomaniacal plan is to take over the whole Universe, he needs BIGGER and BETTER.

What if Palpatine spends most of his free time during the course of the OT on this mytical Sith Homeworld. A place kept even secret from Vader and the Empire.

What if he secretly creates his own Sith "Academy", or Army.
    And this "Super Weapon" that serves the same prupose as the Death Star but for a Universe Takeover.

What if Palpatine's only motivation to RETURN in ROTJ was that he sensed that Luke could be part of his new Masterplan. Maybe he sensed all along that Vader was weak, crippled, and would eventually turn against him. He sensed, somehow, that LUKE would be the one piece missing to accomplish his masterplan.

What if Luke is still the missing piece. What if he is needed somehow in that scheme. Maybe Palpatine was Wise enough to make sure his plan would survive his physical death.

SO, in conclusion, my theory is that in EPISODE VII (or 8), we will learn the following:

- Yoda was right, never underestimate the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will...
    - Palpatine was already working on a bigger scheme in the Original Trilogy
    - He already created a powerful army, waiting for the right moment to takeover the Universe
    - He trained apprentices, and maybe wanted Luke to be part of the group

ANOTHER THEORY

Rumors are also floating around about Luke being used to trigger the Superweapon/army of darkness...

Maybe what we will learn is that when a Jedi kills a Sith, The Jedi becomes "infected" by the defeted Sith "essence" or "soul" or POWER.

That's why Obi Wan lets Darth kill him on ANH.
    That's why Anakin slowly turned to the dark side after killing Dooku.

That's why Sith kill other Sith.

What if the events of ROTJ, where Palpatine is defeated by Vader... he manages somehow to transmit his "essence" into Luke.

Luke becomes the KEY to trigger something only Palpatine could trigger and start a Full Scale Invasion of the Entire Universe.

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Best discussed in the Baddie thread [face_peace]

Dak Oolron likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.