main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MegaPlex Theater!

Discussion in 'Archive: Mojave Desert, CA' started by Stridarious, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    You haven?t seen Pirates of the Caribbean. So don?t judge it.

I may not have, but until it comes out, my opinion stays. 8-}

2. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    But how can you form an opinion? Have you even seen the full theatrical trailer for it?

3. Jedi_Blues

Jedi_Blues Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2003
    Yeah.. you should try things before you judge them - sometimes you might be surprised..

4. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    The trailer for Pirates of the Carribean is awesome! Also I can't wait for The Matrix Reloaded!
    Oh I saw Chicago today, very good movie. :D
    X-Men 2 I'll be seeing tomorrow. Also last weekened I saw Bullet Proof Monk. Very good movie too. Lots of humor and action! :D

5. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yeah.. you should try things before you judge them - sometimes you might be surprised..

I said...my opinion stays. And that is final! 8-}
    Oh and I have heard of Bullet Proof Monk, it looked cool, but I still have not seen it, so I am not going to say anything more till I do. :)

6. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    I heard Bulletproof Monk was rather stupid, even the trailers are like ?Oh another blow off of the matrix... yep, look at that bullet going in slow motion, for shame...?

I saw X-Men 2, I thought it was pretty good, it was definitely a whole lot better then the first.

7. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I heard Bulletproof Monk was rather stupid, even the trailers are like ?Oh another blow off of the matrix... yep, look at that bullet going in slow motion, for shame...?

*shrugs* its the way fo all movie companies now a days, perhaps they just ran out of ideas and need to steal others, who knows.

8. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    There haven't really been very many 'original' things for a very long time, everything takes at least something from something else. Star Wars took from Lord of the Rings, Lord of the Rings took from Beowulf, and so on, and so forth? there?s nothing wrong with that, and there are a couple new/good ideas out there. The movie business is just that, a business. 95% of all movies are to just make money, not be good. And you don't need to italicize quote me, it?s rather annoying.

9. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Okay can we stop talking about the original crap! Let's see you be original! I mean come on movies are just to entertain us. I can say horror movies have all the same storyline with the creepy things happening and they then destroy what's going on, or they leave you hanging. Geez just lighten up a bit Jedi_Daniel.

10. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Okay can we stop talking about the original crap! Let's see you be original! I mean come on movies are just to entertain us. I can say horror movies have all the same storyline with the creepy things happening and they then destroy what's going on, or they leave you hanging. Geez just lighten up a bit Jedi_Daniel.

Okay please guys lets cool off a bit, this is not for heated discussions as these to continue as they have.

11. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Whoa, down girl, heel! I wasn?t aware we couldn?t talk about the origins, cliches?, and unoriginal trend of certain movies? this is the movie discussion thread, right?

12. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Whoa, down girl, heel! I wasn?t aware we couldn?t talk about the origins, cliches?, and unoriginal trend of certain movies? this is the movie discussion thread, right?

Yes, but this discussion has started off on the wrong foot since a few pages ago, I and a few have ignored it long enough. These types of replies are of high extremities. please cool down a bit.

13. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    So what did you guys think of Dragon Heart?

14. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    I liked it, anything with Sean Connery usually seems to be good, but its been awhile since I've seen it.

15. Venn-Zanos

Venn-Zanos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2003
    I loved the new x men, I couldn't believe how many people died. The first time I saw a pic of night crawler I thought it was dumb. But the opening scene made me think twice.

16. JawaGen

JawaGen Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2003
    that opening scene with nightcrawler was SO awesome!! X2 rocks :D they could have had Kittie Pryde in it more. But i do agree about bullet proof monk, that was pretty lame. I can't wait for Matrix to premier!
    Hi btw i am from the Inland Empire, I thought i'd stop by and say hi :)

17. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Hi btw i am from the Inland Empire, I thought i'd stop by and say hi :)

Thanks for doing so, :) and I like your name there, and your Icon, very cool combo ;) 8-}

18. Mertroid

Jun 29, 2002
    Hey don't tell me what happens in X2 for I'm seeing that this weekened! :D

19. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Hey don't tell me what happens in X2 for I'm seeing that this weekened! :D

Yeah if you are to tell about a film, please make sure it blends into the background and place a warning in your posts showing that you are going to post a spolier. 8-}

20. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Okay.

*spoilers*

Why the heck did they kill Jean Grey?... I don't recall her dying in the comics.

21. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
  22. Venn-Zanos

Mar 15, 2003
    -Spoiler-

She didn't die in the end, She became the pheonix. Remmember in the begining when she's talking to storm about her powers going out of control, and sometime when she was using it her eyes would burn. Then at the very end she burst into flames. She just became the pheonix. At the very end you see the pheonix in the water.

23. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    *spoilers*

Yeah I heard about the Pheonix thing for the most part, but I didn't think they'd change Jean Grey into the Pheonix thing so soon. But I'm not exactly an expert on X-man. I was just happy they had NightCrawler, him being my favorite when I was young.

24. Venn-Zanos

Mar 15, 2003
    I wish that colossis would have had a bigger role in the movie. He was cool walking into the room and going ... metal of what ever you call it. p.s. if you where looking carefully like any star war fan is trained to do. When she's looking on the computer through all of the mutants. You see gambit, and some other names you might remember.

25. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    I wasn't looking at that, I was looking at the all body make-up Msytic has...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.