MegaPlex Theater!

Discussion in 'Mojave Desert CA' started by Stridarious, Jan 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yes, I do not mean as far as graphics and that go, but as far as the storyline.
  2. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Finding Nemo looks funny! [face_laugh]
    I want to see that! I think I might be seeing that with a friend of mine today! :D
    Oh I have to see Matrix Reloaded on IMAX now! That has to be hot! :D
    A Bugs Life was another funny Pixar movie too. lol :D
    But Finding Nemo looks great! [face_laugh]
  3. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A Bugs Life was cool! 8-} , and also quite cute.
  4. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "OH CANDYCORN! Here let me help you finish that!" The caterpillar says. [face_laugh]

Let's see, GO AND SEE THE INCREDIBLE HULK! That movie is awesome! :D
  5. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Oh is that film good?

I personally haven't had the chance to go see it? Whats its rating agian?
  6. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Hulk was awesome I told you already! [face_laugh]
    It's rated Pg-13 for it's designed violence, lol, that's all.
    I know that by heart with all these comic hero movies, designed violence makes them rated PG-13, and it's awesome! You'd like it :D
  7. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    I concur. The Hulk as an awesome movie. It took awhile to get up to where he became the Hulk but it was good none the less.
  8. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Very true, very true. :)
    And it's interesting too that I have been reading Stan Lee's autobiography and it was talking how he was thinking of how the Hulk would be created for the Fantastic Four he had used Radioactive rays, and he needed something different and he found gamma rays and he didn't know what they were but they sounded good to him so he used them for the Hulk. :cool:
  9. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hulk sounds like a great film. I have heard many people talk about it. However as with all films many say that it is a slow beginning and too much talk, and not enough action.
  10. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay, I enjoyed the Hulk. And I actually liked how they built him up. I blame MTV for making people all about action. Them and the rash of 90's action no substance flicks.
  11. Mertroid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Hulk was well built up. They had action, and the speed of it was good. If it was a little slow, they were developing the characters and giving you the information of who everyone was. That movie was very good. :D
  12. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Allright everyone. Now for a movie recommendation. It is in theaters in some cities, but for sure is on DVD.

COWBOY BEBOP: THE MOVIE
    They're here to save the planet, but not for free.

Mars. Days before Halloween 2071. Villains blow up a tanker truck on Highway One, releasing a deadly virus that kills hundreds. Fearing a bigger, even more devastating biochemical attack, an astronomical reward is offered for the arrest and capture of the person behind the destruction. On the space ship "Bebop," Spike and his crew of bounty hunters are bored and short of cash. But with the news of the reward, everything changes.

Based on the wildly popular TV series "Cowboy Bebop," the big screen smash COWBOY BEBOP: THE MOVIE pits Spike and Co. against their deadliest adversary ever. Featuring stunning, state-of-the-art animation, this action packed sci-fi adventure builds up to a breathtaking, nail-biting climax, guaranteed to keep you hanging on to the edge of your seat.

"... COWBOY BEBOP: THE MOVIE is fantastic, a truly great action movie...so engaging and fun to watch that you'll forget about your surroundings and slowly slide towards the edge of you seat..." -Mike Toole, "Anime Jump"

"Today's hottest kind of cool." - Robert Bricken, "Anime Insider"

"...A gritty, futuristic thrill-ride that definitely delivers the goods." -Steve Ringgenberg, "Heavy Metal Magazine"

Approx. 115 minutes with tons of extras on the DVD.

Rated R for violent images, language, and brief nudity.

I have to say, folks. This is one great movie. 5 outta 5. If you've seen the show on Cartoon Network, you have to see this movie.
  13. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    JangoFett316: "...Sorry, I was bored, had to rant.
    Jedi business, go back to your drinks...
    "

Your the boss. 8-}

*takes a few more sips of his drink and falls off the chair*
    Here's my movie suggestion, I highly recommend eveyone go and see Bruce Almighty it is not only funny, but has a great moral to it. :D I myself enjoyed it greatly! />
  15. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay. I'm sorry I didn't put what was actually on the box. Rated R for violent images is what it says. Their is a brief scene in which Faye's outline is seen through a shower curtain and it shows less than the shower scene in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. I just put that there in case anyone watched it and considered it nudity. And the nudity in Anime is to progress the plot in a lot of cases. Cartoons with mindless nudity are called Hentai. I don't do that.
  16. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  17. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    And in general, it is a difference in culture. The Japanese show nudity in children's cartoons. I mean....there are some scenes of Pokemon that will never make it across the Pacific. But most generally, if it isn't Hentai, the nudity is their for comedy or just their because the characters would be naked in that situation. Like in Inu-Yasha. Most of Sango's backstory is revealed to Kagome when they are in the hotsprings because Sango wouldn't feel right talking about her past with the guys. That was the first moment she had been alone with Kagome. And it is funny to put lechers in awkward situations...which happens a lot. At least, that is how it is intended. But there are people who watch Anime to see the nudity. They are sad, sad souls. But I'm like most, I watch Anime because most have deeper plots than 90% of the garbage that Hollywood is pumping out.
  18. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Hmm...I know, many times the ratings on that show Poke'mon can be surpising, I mean some of the things they (Japan) are willing to show is intersting. Especially since its mostly nudity. 8-}
  19. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Mmm, nudity. Well as BS-SL had said, their culture is different, and they consider it more or less as an art form... kind of like how we accept nudity in classic paintings, and whatnot.
  20. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Artsy as it may be, some things however are a little out of place, especially allowing them to have Mistry's skirt that high! 8-}
  21. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nothing like those crazy Americans to get off on that.
  22. JangoFett316 Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Anime is not just about nudity. Why this is even being discussed is beyond me. I am an avid fan of anime so I have seen quite a bit of it. Some of the early anime was based on Disney animations. There are some pictures from Japan's history that show anime looking drawings as well. Jangofett316 is biased against it for some reason. Something about being forced to watch it. He and I have had many arguments about anime before and probably will in the future. And besides anime is not a cartoon, it is a way of life. Otakus of the wrold unite! But, yes there are some freaks that enjoy carton nudity and I take pity on them. That is not the point of this thread so let's stick to the movie subject. There is a thread on our board that deals with cartoons and animations. You can continue this discussion there if you so wish to do so. Or you can create another thread. Thank you for your patience. Now back to Star Wars.
  24. Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Master

star 2
    Besides Stridarious last I checked Misty wears shorts. And the length of those shorts is pretty normal by most of standards of women's fashion that I have seen nowadays.
  25. TheOmen Jedi Knight

star 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.