main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Mek's House of Bane *Updated 11/10: Oh no, not Dallas!*

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Mekairinek, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    Welcome! =]

To be quite honest, I've been a long-time drawer and Star Wars fan, but I've never really ever drawn Star Wars fan art before (maybe outside of a 'Shadows of the Empire' drawing I did as a kid for my mom's birthday, since she loves that game). But 'Clone Wars' has really inspired me to draw it, finally... and I've taken to one character in particular. =]

So without further teal deer, here's my artwork. Currently, it's mostly Cad Bane stuff, but I promise! I know there's other characters besides him. ;]

Star Wars Fan Artwork

Angel Eyes
    Satisfaction
    Sketch Card 01
    Sketch Card 02
    An Angel/Diathim
    A Twi'lek Artisan
    General Grievous Sketchcard *OLD*
    Plo Koon
    Showdown
    A Duros of Many Hats
    Grand Admiral Thrawn
    Zero Hour
    BROS
    Ahsoka
    Cad Bane
    Lose Something, Bounty Hunter?
    Lockdown (Transformers Animated) vs. Cad Bane
    I Make The Rules!
    The Hunter: Cad Bane
    Sketch Cards (Bane is in the very bottom row, next to Irvine Kinneas and Carbuncle from Final Fantasy 8, and Hatsune Miku from 'Vocaloid')

Off-Topic/Other Fan Artwork

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/mekairinek/Wahey/ql2s.jpg]
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/mekairinek/Originals/anxiety.jpg]

*New* Quarter-Life Fan Art (Half-Life machinima)
    *New* High Anxiety

Flint Lockwood in my style (Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs)
    Various 'Mass Effect' sketches
    Kaidan Alenko (Mass Effect)
    Commander Philomena Shepard (Mass Effect)
    MOMO from 'Xenosaga' in 'Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack' style
    Beta Ray Bill (Marvel Comics, The Mighty Thor)
    WALL-E and EVE (WALL-E)
    Mumbo Jumbo and some... Jinjos (Banjo-Kazooie)

(NOTE: any of my original stuff can be found at my DeviantArt gallery)

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    nice artwork on cad Bane and the sketch cards=D=

3. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    Welcome to fanarts [:D] I'm very impressed with your talent! The first painting is just amazing. It looks so moody and realistic. =D=
    And I love the Eva and WALLE awwww it's adorable [face_love]

4. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you! The sketch cards were probably the first time I'd touched my markers in well over a year-and-a-half (our computers were gone that week) and I had a blast with 'em. The next set of sketch cards I've done is mostly characters from my original series ('Star-Crossed Voyagers' to be precice), but I probably won't post those here.

kikichan: Awww, thank you! I normally don't do full-blown digital paintings like that (I'd forgotten to mention that the thing sucked out all the RAM one morning, and this is a pretty sturdy computer too) but I had a blast. And yes! I love that WALL-E and EVE picture m'self too. Simplistic, but one of my personal favorites as far as fan artwork goes.

Thanks again, both of you! <3

5. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Ho'yeah, here's another new piece! Anyone familiar with 'Transformers Animated'... I hope you enjoy. =]

6. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Just one off-topic piece this time. But hey, should be good since BioWare made ME and KOTOR... right? D=

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/mekairinek/Wahey/shep.jpg]

Dun' hate me.

This, next to my Revan (My FEMALE Revan, thank you very much), is probably one of my favorite user-created characters ever. Philo is my girl and I can't wait for Mass Effect 2 so I can continue her story. <3

7. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Welcome to fanart.

[:D]

8. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Thank you so much for the welcome! =]

9. Orliaan-Nabberie

Orliaan-Nabberie Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2005
    Good to see your stuff posted here; it's great. :) Always well-done and very colorful. I love it!

(It's melanie_gracey, btw.)

10. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Well, hello there, little lady!

;]

Awww, sweet. Always nice to see a familiar face. =]

11. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Eeeeek!

Here's a new piece. I actually have done new CW art between the last update and now, but I don't think it'd be appropriate for the boards. ;]

So here's a quick drawing I did in Sai Paint Tool... nifty little program.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo! Nicely done on the Cad Bane piece! Very loose, yet very effective. The airbrush effect also brings the whole thing to life. Nice job! :)

13. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Thank you!

That's actually supposed to be a 'watercolor' effect in the program I used (Sai Paint Tool. It's about $60. Inexpensive for a digital art program, but it makes good results. A tablet is practically required to use it to full effect, though) but having actually used real watercolors, I can say it's more airbrush-y than anything. :p

ftr and because I'm self-conscious about these sort of things, yes I do know there's more SW characters than just Cad Bane. I'm working on it! D[face_talk_hand];;

14. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Hmmmm, I actually drew Ahsoka.

That's sad. =[

15. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I actually like Ahsoka... not her character, but how she's drawn.

16. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Ha, I love that comic strip! And, while like Nightsaber I'm not a huge fan of Ahsoka, your painting (is that the medium you used? I'm sorry; I'm horrible at telling those things) is quite pretty.

17. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    MacUnleashed & LMNighsaber: Thank you!

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Ahsoka either. She looks older than she should be, but that's just my style, I guess. Truth be told, if we weren't talking about the Indian Emperor Ashoka in my 'Art of India and SE Asia' class, I probably would have never even bothered to draw her.

Mac: I love that comic too. I actually was going to have text there at one point, but after the visuals alone made me laugh quite hard, I decided textless had more impact.

And I actually used a program called Sai Paint Tool. As I mentioned above, it's supposed to mimic some real medias, but its watercolor tool (which I used in the Ahsoka and Bane pieces) is less like actual watercolors -which I have used- and more like a refined smudge tool. :p

Thanks again!

18. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Ahhh, it's fall and in Nebraska terminology, it means... ALLERGIES!

Enjoy my latest pieces from me doped up on antihistamines. Mostly the Senator Pikachuchi one.

The Kaidan piece, btw, was a mix of watercolors and photoshop. Fun times.

19. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Pikachuchi[face_laugh]
    How cute.

20. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    I had to do it!

Oddly enough, this isn't the first time I'd ever crossed over Star Wars and Pokemon. Back in the day (shortly after Phantom Menace was out and Pokemon was really starting to take off), my older sister and I used to come up with all kinds of crazy crossover crap.

I feel really stupid looking back on it, but I was a kid at the time. *shrug*

21. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    A new season, I had to do something.

Sorry folks. It's gonna be a long TV season.

22. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    And this week comes my thought on ya... Thrawn.

I would say apologies to any Thrawn fen reading this, but I've been thinking this for years. Only now got around to a less harsh way of phrasing this. ;]

(And yes, the irony of me critiquing a blue skinned, red-eyed villain as a Marty Stu when I myself like a character -also having blue skin and red eyes- who admittedly skirts the Stu-Sue line is not lost on me)

23. StrikerFive

StrikerFive Jedi Youngling

Jan 10, 2005
    Just popping in to say your art's qiute nice. Loved the Lockdown/Bane one the best. [face_laugh]

24. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    Hey thanks! =]

Yeah, that one is a favorite of mine too. I'm working on Round 2 and by 'working on', I mean 'putting it off after the thumbnail sketch stage'. Heh.

25. Mekairinek

Jul 7, 2009
    See? I can draw other characters too! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.