main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Melbourne's best (mostly unknown) places to visit??

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by smegtrek2000, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smegtrek2000

smegtrek2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2000
    hello to everyone in Victoria! I love your state and your city. I visit at least once a year for a holiday from S.A, and lets face it, getting out of Adelaide is good for any reason!
    I would like to get opinions from the Melbourne experts (u guys) on what are good and interesting places to visit, to eat at, which is the best cinema etc. anything not so well known to outside visitors like me but u guys think are great and love to do over there. i'd appreciate any suggestions since i'm bringing my best friend over there next weekend and want to show him everything possible during the 4 days. Bear in mind we have to tram it from St. Kilda for the most part.

***hmm... maybe i should bring my ep1 obi-wan lightsabre over and meet someone for a duel?***

also are there any good collector and/or toy shops for star wars figures, vehicles and the likes, i know there is one across from hard rock cafe, is there any better ones than that?

2. Jacques_Cousteau

Jacques_Cousteau Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2002
    If its not too cold when you get down have a look under Mornington Pier. A train and a bus should easily get you there from the city and its worth it for some stunning clod water snorkelling.

Failing that make sure you check out the Queen Vic Market, they sell anything and everything.

3. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    If its illegal, it'll be in the Queen Vic.

I reckon for the best meal in the southern hemisphere, Flower Drum in Chinatown, get the Peking Duck, unbeatable.

Part from that, get down to the Footy if you can!! MCG!! Yeeaahhh!!

4. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    It looks like you need Chapel Street. It's got everything you need.

It's got a fantastic Village cinema complex at the Jam Factory.

It's got hundreds of great places to eat at.

And it's got a bunch of comic book and collector stores.

Chapel Street has everything.

5. Jacques_Cousteau

Feb 21, 2002
    And if you wanna get a look at the more Boganish side of life, Frankston is youre place, complete with its own revheads, bums, and muggers...top place!

6. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Frankston also has a bustling streetfighting community.

7. Jacques_Cousteau

Feb 21, 2002
    Oh, thats just PoT and his mates, remember, if you do decide to brave Frankston, steer clear of The Pines!!!

8. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Yeah, I stop well before Frankston, even though my beloved train line is named after it. Frankly (not to be confused with Frank-stoners), I don't mind Frankston that much. Just as long as you're driving through it down the freeway to Rye. :D

9. 4-5_Foot_of_Ross

4-5_Foot_of_Ross Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    RYE???!!!!

Anyway, ignoring that, I agree with Jacques and PoT, the Queen Vic Market. Chapel St is good too, but take a day off and visit the "rural fringe" - Mornington, Safety Beach. Tell you what a bus trip to Phillip Island is worth it too... I know it's all touristy and everything, but they have the best Fish and Chips and the sunsets are breathtaking.

10. Sheck_Exley

Sheck_Exley Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2002
    DO....NOT....GO....TO....THAT....ISLAND!!!!!!

oh sorry i thaught you said French island

carry on!

11. -Rhysology

-Rhysology Jedi Master star 1

Oct 25, 2000
    The peninsula is cool. I wouldn't mind living there, but you miss out on all the cool stuff in the city; like Brunswick St, Lygon St etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.