main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Melbournian Newbie... Explain what happens here, please?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Koroshiya_keefu, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Hi,

Long time reader... Never posted, nor joined until today... So, I was thinking to myself, I've been a hardcore forum poster on many Asian DVD sites, but never really a Star Wars one... So here I am.

So what is the deal with the regional Fan Force forums? What do the Victorian's generally get involved in? Sorry, I can't find much coherance in the topics... Maybe I haven't had enough caffine today?

Thanks in advance! I hope to get into the Force Forums lifestyle on a regular basis, bring on Episode III!

2. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Sorry, I can't find much coherance in the topics... Maybe I haven't had enough caffine today?

That, or you're sober.

Er, anyway, welcome. :) The official meetings are held by Skywalking Inc., which our Chapter Rep LordVaderFF will tell you more about if he shows up. They have meetings about once every three months, with the occasional special event. We also occasionally organise stuff outside of that. You might want to drop by the Oceania Regional forum and meet some other people from around Australia and NZ, since this particular forum doesn't get the largest amount of activity these days.

Have fun!

3. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Welcome, welcome!!

The, err, personalities around here and the conversation topics and directions take a little getting use to (hell, I'm still not use to them ;) ) but if you have a sense of humor and like light-hearted coversation, you'll have no worries. Stay, look around, you just might be entertainted...

4. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I'd like to second everything that Hawk and Damir have said, being that they probably have had their caffiene today unlike myself. Welcome to VicFF...prepare to be dazzled by the incoherance and the strange seemingly off-the-cuff references to educational deities and other such stuff. Its fun, irrelevant and sometimes can carry over onto other boards if you're not careful :p

But please, tell us about yourself!

5. Koroshiya_keefu

Jan 3, 2005
    Thanks for the welcome!

Well, I'll try and get involved in conversations as they happen, and I'm interested in getting involved in Star Wars fan meetings etc if they happen.

A bit about myself: I'm 22 and I live around Balaclava, just off Chapel street. I work in post production at a company called Digital Pictures Iloura. We do lots of television commercial work and films... The biggest thing I worked on recently of note was probably Zhang Yimou's latest 'House Of Flying Daggers.' Man I was stoked getting to work on that being the huge Asian movie fan that I am!

I collect MANY DVDs, and am an avid gamer... I am a self confessed 'enthusiast' so I made a decision to not be ashalmed of wearing my Star Wars tshirts outside! Oh yea, if you're interested Big W have some pretty cool adults Star Wars tshirts for sale...

If you want to know anything else, ask! Rock on!

6. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    We also occasionally organise stuff outside of that.

For example, we are having a group trip up to BALLARAT to visit a quaint little Vodka bar Hawk, Damir, Jet-Eye and I once managed to visit...not to mention liasing with Sir SithLordMixo, our favourite Indie filmmaker this side of Orange.

Be forewarned, this trip will have a general ban on the mentioning of Star Wars. Buffy discussions will be tolerated, but only after the imbueing of much of that damned vixen, that harlot of the bar, VODKA GIRL, has sold us much of her sweet, sweet nectar.

You might want to drop by the Oceania Regional forum and meet some other people from around Australia and NZ,

Oh my GAWWD don't! The people in those forums are soooooooooooo lame, they like, have evolved into a new form of uber-lame. Stick to VicFF, this is where the shizzle nizzle is at.

since this particular forum doesn't get the largest amount of activity these days.

Because YOU lock all the fun threads such as "How to Flail a Huggard by Pottorz and Zaarin" before they have a chance to flourish. :(

Have fun!

Agreed!

Flourish
    Exuent.

7. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    quaint little Vodka bar Hawk, Damir, Jet-Eye and I once managed to visit

Damnit, Kane, I was there too! Stop ignoring me!!!!1!1!!!!!!

So, anyway. Hi, welcome to VicFF, and remember that chocolate + coffee + no sleep is the best combination if you want to understand anything that happens here.

8. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Were you viciously attracted to that damned vixen behind the bar with the whispering skirt and demure gaze? Were you!?!

9. Koroshiya_keefu

Jan 3, 2005
    Why would you head all the way out to Ballarat for a Vodka bar? It must be pretty good. There are plenty of cool lounge/bars in Melbourne city... Heard of Double Happiness? It's a Chinese themed bar... Small and cozy, and cooool.

10. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Wow, someone else who has been to Double Happiness! :eek: I thought no one else had found it yet? I've never found it again.

You know, the more people we have in here, the more I'm going to push that we find such tasty little bars so that I might force my horrible personality onto you all. And I'll ply you with drinks.

11. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN "IF" I SHOW UP?

I'm always here, always reading, always watching.

Greetings and WElcome to the Vic Forums.

If you'd like some more info on the meeting Star Walking arrange you can visit their web site at....

www.starwalking.net

So, you're into movies????

Checkout my latest project at www.jediheritage.com

12. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Way to go with teh shameless plug oh too-tall-to-be-a-stormtrooper-guy :p

13. Koroshiya_keefu

Jan 3, 2005
    There are a stack of cool bars around Melbourne, Troika for one, which is up the top of Little Collins, and St Jerome's, which is in that alley next to Myer's footwear store...

Rock on Melbourne drinking institutions!

14. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Thats it. You know of the holy drinking place known as St Jeromes. I am officially in love with you. Sorry Mixo, but anothsr has won my heart with their knowledge of my fav watering holes. :p j/k

Ah, so casual am I with my alliances, so fickle with my affections!

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    If there is to be a VicFF Elope, might as well tack it onto the Ballarat drinking expedition.

We'd be the envy of nerdom worldwide!

16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Welcome!! And if this lost scare you way to much with their confusing converstation, feel free to run across the border!! :p ;)

17. Jet-Eye

Jet-Eye Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2001
    Hi there, welcome to this here forum, you'll have a blast..

Pulsar - hold up. I thought you Thoky's? you were mixo's? now mr KK? you're like our resident forum cyber 'player' :p

18. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Ladies just to let you know Jet-Eye is probably the most eligable bachelor I know seriously he's not your average weirdo on these happy internets he'd probably make a good boyfriend.

Just FYI. Oh, and if you want his mobile number, PM me.

19. Koroshiya_keefu

Jan 3, 2005
    Well I am flattered to win affections via my knowledge of alcoholic institutions... But St Jeromes is a cool place to go, another one of Melbs hidden gems. And thanks for all the warm welcomes!

20. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Woo, I'm mkaing myself out to be a 'Playa'! Maybe I get me an adidas hoodie with the words 'Internet Playa Chick' on the back. How very cool. :p

And I don't really love any of you. Like most evil women, me heart is black, like the coffe I drink. I am incapable of showing love to anyone who has never bought me a drink. :p

21. Koroshiya_keefu

Jan 3, 2005
    Now coffee sounds like something I could use right now. Maybe I should see what happens if I eat a lot of those choco mint caffine tablets, whilst washing my hands with caffinated soap and drinking latte after latte and then some cans of Columbian Cola. Good idea!

22. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    It would be my humble estimation that you'd end up extremely high. [/OMG][/FAMilyFriendly][/Ha-youfools]

23. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Mmmm..i like your thinking ;) I say we have some sort of coffee challenge to see who can drink the most. and not die.

The dying part is optional.

24. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    hmm. He seems drunk enough to join.

Commence the acceptance ceremony!

(not that there is one, but i figure more of the n00bs are likely to stay if we make it like an old boys club)

25. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    runs in and flashed his coconuts, nice and tropical they are :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.