main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Mellow, Meaningful, and Tender Remembrances. OCs & ECs, Ongoing Ficlet Series.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jun 13, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Genre: Humor, introspection, romance, snark ;)
    Timeframe: Spanning much time and not in chronological order.
    Characters: Borrowing the OCs of more than one author because they are half of my OTP pairings which I adore and also concentrating on established characters: Leia, Mara, Winter, Breha Organa. :cool:

AN: Some of these will be inspired by song lyrics or titles, others not.

~~~~~~!!

First one deals with Leia - at the time of her initiation into the Imperial Senate

She confides in Breha that she is not sure she is quite ready for this. She is happy her father and others are confident in her ability. Breha hugs her and assures her she will do fine.

And, she does. Leia is poised and articulate, like Padme, Breha thinks with a pang of sorrow at the loss of such a courageous and principled fighter for the good of many worlds. Bail watches his daughter converse with the Moffs and Senators. He smiles inwardly because he knows that she gets her forthrightness from his wife as well as from the mother she never knew. If someone says something out of turn, Leia doubtless will not be tactful in her reply. He (in his official role) might have to correct this but personally, as himself and her father, he would applaud her outspokenness. There will come a day when the Rebellion will not be hidden and all will need to stand for justice and against oppression and tyranny, but until that moment, caution is necessary.

Bail impresses this vital lesson upon Leia and she takes the lesson to heart. She is on the road to becoming a skilled diplomat and negotiator.
    Her innate ability to sense the motives of others is a gift Bail has taught her to exercise and this is something that stands her in goood stead in times to come as well.

+++++++

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Under her real father Leia might not have turned into the woman we know. Unless it is a fanfic by DarthMarly were it works nicely, because she has written it so cleverly.

Here in your short fic you describe the parental worries and pride of her adoptive parents very well. The love and care they invest to make her grow. Very nice!

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a perfect way to describe Bail and Breha and their influence on Leia. Great viggie

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this was lovely! What a heartfelt moment of pride for Bail and Breha - seeing Leia take such a monumentally big step into a larger world. Their faith and confidence in her - and their trust in the life lessons they've instilled to serve her now - are beautifully portrayed. I especially loved their remembering Padmé, as well, and seeing so much of her in her daughter. [face_love][face_love]

As always, your writing proves to be a breathe of fresh air to your readers! I definitely can't wait to see where the rest of this thread goes - it's so wonderful to see you back and writing, my friend! [face_love][:D]

=D==D=

5. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    It's so great to see you back and posting fic!! [:D]

I loved this little look at Leia, how she doesn't feel ready but her father can see who she can become. I especially liked this:
    That's such a great observation, that in his role as a leader, he might have to see it one way, but as a father he can see it another. I think this is something people who work with their kids probably struggle with at times and I loved to see it here.

Lovely story!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all for the great responses. @};- I have those same sentiments towards Leia that her folks do. :cool:

Title: Averting Disaster!
    Characters: H/L
    Genre: Romance.
    AN: Leia has an aha! moment.
    Notes: Inspired by Diamond Rio -- One more Day

______

Her sense of duty and boundless compassion led Leia to make sacrifices and choices that put her family and couple time second. Han eventually became frustrated with the whole thing and went jaunting off to pursue business ventures, actually legitimate ones, for a surprise.

Winter and other of Leia's friends and colleagues saw that Han was away more than he was home and often when he did come back home, he and Leia would argue about the silliest things.
    Luke was concerned, very much so, since he sensed the undertones between Leia and Han; but he felt torn between the two of them, since he saw both their sides.

On one occasion, Han made arrangements for a romantic dinner, but Leia didn't know of it, since he wanted it to be a surprise. She had a meeting to go to, and instead of postponing it, even though he'd just gotten back, she expected him to understand.

"I don't know when I'll be able to get another reservation at this restaurant." Han groused. "If I can. But hey. I don't count."

"Why does everything have to be about you?" Leia retorted.

"It's more about us. And the lack of time we've spent together -- but maybe that doesn't matter to you either!" Han said icily.

Leia scowled. "We'd have more time if you didn't disappear for weeks on end."

"Maybe I'd stick around if I felt I was more than just an afterthought."

Leia had a dream where she had been separated from Han for literal years and saw him across a crowded pedwalk. She tried calling out to him but no words came out and then he vanished right in front of her. Even his Force signature disappeared!!

Leia awoke, heart in her throat. What was she thinking? She had lost so much ... and now was she going to let Han slip away?!

She had her chief aide reschedule all her upcoming day's appointments.

Then she made up a picnic hamper and csent Han a comm message to meet her in the Volian Gardens. These were lush and secluded.

He was pleasantly surprised to find her smiling and relaxed.

"I thought a lot about what you said. And about my priorities. I cannot drop everything and there'll be times when we'll have to be put on hold. But not unless it's a critical situation. Everyone I've worked with is so used to not hearing me say no and later ... " Leia sighed regretfully.

"And what's to say you can't come along on my next trip." Han suggested.

Leia grinned. "That's a plan." She paused, then related her dream of the night before.

Han gave a low whistle. "Talk about a Force nudge."

Leia agreed. "Yes, and I'm listening."

Han leaned close and kissed her softly. Leia wrapped his Force sense around her like a cloak, feeling relief and peace infuse her.

+++++++

Kahara, Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and 4 others like this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    As long as she saw a crowded pedwalk in her dreams and not a bridge with a guy in black on it in her visions that is a good thing, I guess! ;)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    YES, love to see them staying together and having no dreams about a 'Ben Solo' turned dark

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! [face_love] It's a fine line, trying to balance duties as a political figure with your duty to your family. I completely understand Han's frustration - but it seems as if both need to dial it back a step here and acknowledge that they just miss each other, and work from there! Thankfully, the Force had a hand in nudging them towards that realization. [face_mischief][face_love]

Another fantastic viggie! I can't wait to see what comes next. :D [face_dancing]

10. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Ouch, if that doesn't ring true about what we saw in TFA. :( Leia's dream also echoes that world all too closely. But in this version, they are lucky in that they stop short of the cliff when they realize what could be lost. I'm glad to see them get a happier ending here! It's not an easy quick fix (few things worthwhile are), but they're making a great start on working on maintaining a better relationship. [face_love]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @};- [:D] That is precisely what I was aiming for, subverting that particular disaster by taking first steps to keeping things tight between them. :D If things gradually fall apart, you don't always notice it until it's too late. :eek: But if you realize and recognize the signs in time, things don't have to turn tragic. [face_thinking]
    Shutting the other person out or keeping connected -- each is a choice and a pattern of action. I just wanted to give them a proactive loving one. [face_love]

Ewok Poet, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This next one features Mirany, divapilots's OC based upon the song "For the First Time" by Kenny Loggins :) [face_sigh]

_______

She had been content, Mirany guessed. Happy with her work and friends and the warm close affection of her family. She had grieved when her husband had by all accounts been lost at sea and hadn't been looking for a new relationship. then out of an azure-colored sky, it seemed to come all of a sudden. Love literally walked in when Kash arrived, with his gentle smile and sweet companionship. He had not been intrusive in the slightest but had worked his way into her life and heart so incredibly naturally.

Like a blossom unfurling after a long winter, Mirany's heart opened up to love...astounded & grateful for the gift.

++++++++

[face_love]

13. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    SweetAyesha - These are really nice little snippets. :)

I can certainly see Bail (and the all-too-often-absent Breha - good to see her here!) being concerned about, and proud of, Leia all at the same time. As Bail notes, she wouldn't be the same person without that emphatic personality ... ;)

And it's good to see Leia taking the initiative with Han. Too often, whether in canon or 'fic, he's the one charging in, and it's good to be reminded that she is spontaneous in more than just the political field. :)

I'll have to look up divapilot's story; Mirany sounds like a fun OC. :)

Kahara, Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love your little snippet on Mirany

15. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    First remembrance: I love how you show the mother/daughter bond between Leia and Breha. We see so much of Leia and Bail, but so little of how she interacted with her mom, who was the QUEEN OF ALDERAAN for crying out loud. So much of Leia comes from what she learned by watching Breha. And of course, Bail is the proud parent here, too.

This line is interesting:
    It makes me wonder if you are alluding to her subdued Force sense. I wonder if Bail ever knew who her father was.

Second remembrance: Oh, if only it had been like this! They need to compromise. Han needs to see that she can’t always be there when he wants her to be, but Leia has to understand that Han needs to know he means more to her than a random stranger on some far-away world. I’m glad in this reality at least they understand that although they have a place in a galactic stage, they need to have a private life too. I really liked the idea of her wrapping her Force sense around him like a comforting blanket. Instead of trying to protect the galaxy for once, she is only focused on taking care of him.

Third remembrance: Aw, dear Mirany. The line from the song you reference: “Am I the same person I was this morning?” really fits this scene, how one critical moment can change everything. And those lines: “Are those your eyes, is that your smile?/ I've been lookin' at you forever/ But I never saw you before” is exactly Kash’s situation – he has been aware of her for years, but he has never actually seen her before that morning.

Mirany was definitely not looking for a relationship – once bitten, twice shy – but when Kash came into her life, it forced her to recognize how lonely her life was and how used to being alone she had become. She and Kash fit so naturally together.

Really sweet little insights into these characters! [face_love]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks much! That was exactly the tone I was reaching for, first steps in relationship prioritizing.

~~~~~!!

Ellie Goulding -- Love Me Like You Do" -- this has been for Thrawn/Ayesha since day one of their romance. Thanks to the fantabulously genius Chyntuck for this OTP of mine! [face_love]

He despaired of ever finding her again after her "kidnapping." Her strength and resilience and capacity for love and inspiring that in others is astonishing. There is not a sacrifice he would not make for her, for them.

Her works of art are memorable and poignantly evocative. But she is the true masterpiece.

The fact Ayesha loved him once and then chose to do so again -- humbels Thrawn. He only wishes to be worthy.

+++++

^:)^

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love to see Thrawn and Ayesha expressing their love through these words

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yumsy, Ribbon in the Sky for Bree/Blue. [face_love]

Bree's loyalty is amazing. She stuck with her "blue" through so much, and now the blesssings and sweet rewards. Their wonderful family -- Lelila and Hanna -- satisfying work & this lovely home place on Baroli, serene and gorgeous.

They have family picnics often on the beach, sunset ones being the favorite. As the kids play in the surf, she and Ryoki watch the sun as it dips into the ocean painting a lovely picture of purples shading to deep azure. Blue's inner peace and wholeness was hard-won, and he tells her in myriad ways that she is a crucial part of how that came to be.

++++++

[face_love]

19. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Third Remembrance (Thrawn and Ayesha)
    Gorgeous, like a work of art done in a few deft sketches. Ayesha's boundless capacity for forgiveness and for love are amazing, and Thrawn is humbled by her. She is, indeed, the masterpiece. Even after all that was done to her, she can still find kindness and goodness in her heart. Thrawn knows that he doesn't deserve such a woman, but he is grateful for her nonetheless - and not such a fool as to let her go! In my mind, Thrawn will always have Ayesha by his side.

Fourth Remembrance (Blue/Bree)
    This is so lovely. Thank you for using these OCs and extending their experience beyond even where I have brought them! It's interesting, too, that you write this from Blue's pov. He never asked for much; all he dreamed of was that maybe he might live an ordinary life. And with Bree, he's won so much more. A woman who adores him, work that helps others, his good name restored, a life back home where he is safe and well. I can see him sitting on the beach with his Bree at sunset, watching his daughters play in the water, and wondering how he ever got so lucky.

Once again, your song choice is right on point for this character. There's that religious aspect here, where "so long for this night I've prayed" and how "we can't lose with God on our side." Blue's faith in the God of Second Chances didn't just get him through the tough times but extended to eventually include Bree, who now shares that faith with him. And the second verse, with the line "if allowed may I please touch your hand" really brings back one of the main issues of TGOSC, which deals with consent. It's such a huge thing for Blue that everything is done with the consent of others. His very religion centers on equality and consent. You picked a perfect song for him. He's blessed, he knows it, and Bree confirms it for him.

A lovely "ever after" for two characters who struggled so much to find joy.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    With you one is always in for a surprise. The last updates had the quality of Haiku, short and yet elegant with a lot of depths to them. :D

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It is astounding to Thrawn. The reconciliation after such devastation. The things she makes him feel: has always done. She is captivating, mysterious, vivacious, so vulnerable, fragile, and yet so resilient! She draws persons to her in a heart-family of loyalty and caring.

Ayesha ... what she brings to his heart, has drawn from his soul ... is best encapsulated thus:

somewhere i have never travelled,gladly beyond
    any experience,your eyes have their silence:
    in your most frail gesture are things which enclose me,
    or which i cannot touch because they are too near

your slightest look easily will unclose me
    though i have closed myself as fingers,
    you open always petal by petal myself as Spring opens
    (touching skilfully,mysteriously)her first rose

or if your wish be to close me,i and
    my life will shut very beautifully,suddenly,
    as when the heart of this flower imagines
    the snow carefully everywhere descending;

nothing which we are to perceive in this world equals
    the power of your intense fragility:whose texture
    compels me with the color of its countries,
    rendering death and forever with each breathing

(i do not know what it is about you that closes
    and opens;only something in me understands
    the voice of your eyes is deeper than all roses)
    nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands

+++++

Source: e.e. cummings (I am so gooified) ^:)^

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum. This one has to do with L/M and Mariah Carey's Vision of Love. ;)

Luke had thought his forever-love was Callista. But then she had been more in love with the idea of being attached to a Jedi than an actual feeling of love and commitment to him personally. When she left, he'd been devastated and thought he'd be alone, always. Then he started having feelings for Mara. It was a natural offshoot of their friendship. They'd encounter each other, snark, and part ways. Instead of feeling glad when she left, he felt sorry and wondered if they could have gentler exchanges. He would often recall the sunlight on her hair and the sound of her rare laughter. He would think, "What would Mara say about this?" or "If Mara were in this situation, what would she do?"

He felt dejected, thinking that Mara could never, would never, share his feelings. Until he found out that she did!

Mara was totally bewildered by Luke's effect on her. When they were together, she'd snip at him and hold him at a distance. Then when they parted, she'd feel sorry that she'd not been nicer, and then be surprised. Where'd that come from, Jade? Luke was the only one in the early days who had given her a chance, believed in her. He'd literally been the key to liberating her from the Emperor's last command.

She found herself mulling over the way his muscles rippled when they sparred, and the way the corners of his eyes crinkled when he laughed.

When she discovered he had feelings for her, and even more astounding! that she had them in return ... Mara realized the girlhood dreams of love she'd never been permitted to have -- were coming true, after all.

++++++

:)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  23. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    :)
    +++++++++++++++++++++++

That damn smoke. I'm so sorry Luke. I'm so sorry.

.ekuL em evaS. em htiw nioJ

=========================

L/M forever!

(This from a Callista fan). So good job.

=D=

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You have been very, very productive! =D=

I wish I would be able to write something more clever, but the words that floated by my eyes bedazzled me.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_shhh] I just heard this song by Bruno Mars called "Just the Way You Are" & *gasp* I had a Marzra moment. [face_laugh] [face_love]

~~~~~!!!

When he looked at Mara, he felt all kinds of jumble and tumble of emotions. Should I say something? I sure don't want to say something stupid, idiotic. She's so lovely & the way her hair falls around her shoulders, and her green eyes dance when she laughs. And her laugh ...

Ah, what do I have to lose? So Ezra took the plunge & was shocked when Mara didn't tell him to get lost & bother someone else.

As a matter of fact, she bantered & smiled & acted like she wouldn't mind seeing him again.

As it turned out, they had more than one adventure together & when he kissed her, the Force sang.

When they wound up on Yavin 4 together, Ezra felt he had it made down to the ground and back up again!

Until the weird poetry surfaced. But that, thankfully, was only a small bump in the road, a steep learning curve to be sure, but worth it.

+++++

[face_laugh]

[face_mischief]