main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Member Names v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by citizen-tom, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Back in 1995 I had just gotten on AOL and wanted to come up with a Star Wars name. Yoda was always my favorite character but all of the lone Yoda names were taken and I didn't want to have Yoda78027589423758. So I was sitting there in front of the computer, after having tried many, many different Yoda names, when my brother walked up and said, "You could try and use Boba Fett." I was about to type that in, though I was sure there would be a million variations on the name, but instead of typing Boba I typed Yoda because I still had Yoda on my mind. Before I realized what I had done I sent it through. It came back rejected. Someone else had beaten me to that name. I really liked it though so I added my favorite number, "999", on the end and have been using variations on that name for 7 years now.

As an interesting side note, through the JC and FanForce I have actually met the guy who beat me to the yodafett name on AOL and his name is Jeff too. I think I live in the twilight zone.

2. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Daft is right.. it was revealed to me loong ago on TACs birthday.

Lonepadawan- I teach myself, simple really.

3. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 1999
    Zaphod Beebebrox.

If you don't know why, then you don't read enough good books.

4. Lyrael

Lyrael Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    The really cool Archangel in Diablo2 Tyrael,
    Tyrael - t +L= Lyrael and i wanted a name that was original that no one else had. and i coulnd find any one else anywere on the net with that name.

5. agentgonzo

agentgonzo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 17, 2001
    Have been a big fan on Gonzo the Great (Muppets for those uneducated of you), and used that as a nick for ages. Then, when it was getting too overused, and I had an interest in spies and secret agents etc, I changed it to agentgonzo. Sounded cool. Been using it as a nick ever since.

6. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Shadoe is one half of an old Multiplayer EGA Battletech handle of mine Shadoe Ryder... I have used a form of it on every board I post on for almost ten years now. Before that I went thru a ton of nicks trying to find something I liked. the 42 is a reference to the answer to the ultimate question of life the universe and everything (waves at Zaphod).... :)

Shadoe

7. predinator

predinator Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2001
    At the time I joined, I was into The Terminator & Predator. Just mixed the 2. I use this Nick on nearly everything.

8. obrian93

obrian93 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 24, 2001
    Mine's a freaking typo. My first name's O'Brian and I swear I tried for a 94 (ala the docking bay) when I registered on ebay a thousand years ago. Back then (and maybe still), you couldn't change your name twice in 30 days, so that's what I got.

It's unique enough, however, that I can use it everywhere online, auctions, boards, foot-fetish sites, whatever without fear that it's taken. I even use it for IM services. Sort of a personal form of "brand management."

9. McC

McC Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2001
    McC - Ryan McClure. Simple enough :) Started using it on IRC a long time ago and it kinda stuck. It's now my real life nickname, as well as the nickname I go by on-line.

10. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    I was told Zayn means beautiful in Arabic...

I actually got the name because I was part of a JK clan called 'Zayn' and I was called 'Angel' but because there are a billion Angels on the net I droped that part and now always use 'Zayn' because almost no one uses it.

11. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm still not telling. :D
    (speculate all you want) ;)

12. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Sovereign Knight:

sov·er·eign
    n.
    One that exercises supreme, permanent authority, especially in a nation or other governmental unit, as:
    A king, queen, or other noble person who serves as chief of state; a ruler or monarch.
    A national governing council or committee.
    A nation that governs territory outside its borders.
    A gold coin formerly used in Great Britain.

adj.
    Self-governing; independent: a sovereign state.
    Having supreme rank or power: a sovereign prince.

knight
    n.

Abbr. Knt. or Kt. A medieval tenant giving military service as a mounted man-at-arms to a feudal landholder.
    Abbr. Knt. or Kt. A medieval gentleman-soldier, usually high-born, raised by a sovereign to privileged military status after training as a page and squire.
    Abbr. K. A man holding a nonhereditary title conferred by a sovereign in recognition of personal merit or service to the country.
    Abbr. Knt. or Kt. A man belonging to an order or brotherhood.

A defender, champion, or zealous upholder of a cause or principle.
    The devoted champion of a lady

Marked in bold are the definitions most applicable to the name.

I've been using this name for about 5 or 6 years on the Internet. It had several abbreviations such as SovKnight or SK. If you see these anywhere, rest assured that it's me. Plus, I think it sounds cool when said aloud; and I hate my real name.

:)

SK

13. Thayne_Correlles

Thayne_Correlles Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 27, 2000
    It's the character I play in my Fan Film.

Oh yeah and "Thomas (something) Crawford" you just made the list...

;)
    Thayne

14. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Tacos And Cabbage
    Tractors Are Cool
    Ticks And Cocker Spaniels
    Tires And Cars
    Too dirty for family-oriented message board
    Tea And Crumpets
    Tile And Carpet

Thomas A Crawford

Sounds right to me...

:)

SK

15. GrEvEs

GrEvEs Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    GrEvEs = my last name, without the capitalized Es of course, but they look kool :)

Zaphod Beeblebrox do you play Utopia by any chance? what book is that from?

16. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    "Salmon of a Doubt" and other deranged stories. :D

My name is supposedly going to be a character in an upcoming Star Wars book that's going to come out after the New Jedi Order ends. But TheForce.Net Books didn't believe me when I tried to send in a spy report. :)

I was in the author's internet XvT squadron once upon a time, and he based several characters after people in the squadron.

So I thought that was pretty cool and wanted the nick before anyone else got it, because the character was based after me. :D

Still don't know if I've gotten the wool pulled over my head or not... It's been two years!

Chris

17. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    SoverignKnight . . . . . GREAT LIST, but keep guessing. ;)

Thayne . . . WHAT list ??? :confused:

18. webwiz03

webwiz03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2002
    The name Zaphod Beeblebrox comes from the Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy books, written by Douglas Adams. In them, Zaphod plays the President of the Universe.

19. CodePoet

CodePoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    well, i write code, i like to think it has a poetic flow to it (even though it probly doesn't). I like the movie Anti-Trust which had the shirt "CodePoet" (which can be seen being worn by Teddy in the Bar when Milo is thinking about going to work for N.U.R.V.) I too own the "CodePoet" shirt...so it just made sense i guess.

- Me

20. Thayne_Correlles

Thayne_Correlles Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 27, 2000
    that would be telling.

Thayne

(you should watch more of the simpsons, TAC....)

21. Cunard

Cunard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    Cunard: The pride of the transatlantic transportation industry. Creator of the Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth and QE2 (soon the Queen Mary 2). Recently purchased by Carnival, but still a good name.

......and while signing up, I assumed that the name Cunard would not be taken already.

22. Laserschwert

Laserschwert Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2001
    Mine is the German word for "lightsaber"... well, actually it's "lasersword", but who cares?!? OK, maybe YOU do, but not me...

23. Lyrael

Lyrael Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    JediTAC

Jedi Take all camping

hehehe this must be the worst suggestion?im I right?

24. LordFrisian

LordFrisian Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2002
    Frisian - that's a hint where my ancestors came from. Today, only a handful of people are able to speak Frisian - me not, I'm afraid. That name is a way to keep my roots alive anyway.

25. Darth_Redicolous

Darth_Redicolous Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    DAFT! I know! ;) But I can't change it. So I thoght it could be funny or something. At first I wasn't shure about the spelling so I searched on google with Redicolous. I thought it looked strange but I got many hits, so for a while I asumed it was the correct spelling. But I later found out that it wasn't. Oh well. English isn't my first language. ( But everyone who has read anything I've said in these forums has figured that out already. ) :D

I wish I could get my old name back. Satal Keto. (I think it was that...)

/DR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.