main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Member Names v. 2.0

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by citizen-tom, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    My name came from the first fan film I tried to make way back after watching Episode I for the first time. The evil sith lord was named "Milarc", which actually stood for two things:

Mil: Military - Milarc was a brilliant fighter and the leader of a small army

arc: Arcitech - He was a master of design (buildings/stations: think death star).

Also, it seems to me that I'm the ONLY one on this board who has a space between my two words. I guess I got here early enough when spaces were allowed.

:D

MTFBWY
    -DM

2. Burento

Burento Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2002
    My name transferred to Japanese if you must know. Looks better in Kanji.

Bu Re N To

-Brent

The guy in Japan...

3. BlobaFatt

BlobaFatt Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2002
    Bloba Fatt
    Just a Heavier version of Boba Fett

My dad is Jumbo Fatt
    Just a heavier version of Jango Fett

4. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Fenn Shysa was the name of another Mandalorian commando who fought alongside Boba Fett in the Clone Wars, according to the old Marvel Comics continuity...

When I first got online on some of the old WWIV-netted BBSs back in 1985, I needed a handle... I just happened to see that comic book cover that day, and picked the name as it sounded cool... it's stuck, and I've used it ever since... I'll even answer to "Fenn" in person, as it's become a real-life nickname over the last 18 years....

Matter of fact, the last several years at DragonCon I've been listed in the guest section of the program book as John "Fenn" Hudgens...

I use TheRealFennShysa here and on some other places because other people have gotten FennShysa first on those systems... but it's *my* name... :D

Fenn

5. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    Scud's a long story. Back when I started at Medieval Times as a squire I was real clumsy. I mean REAL clumsy. I never looked both ways before crossing the lane, I'd get run over and knocked down by horses repeatedly. So in essence I was knicked Scud cause I ran around like an idiot scud missile going off in somebody's trunk. Over time it turned into an anagram - Squire Can't Understand D***, Squire Crushed Under Donkey, and so on and so on. Over time the name got so imbedded I couldnt be called anything else. Then years ago I knighted and I normally go by scudknight now, but you guys can call me scud. :)

I saw blade 2 the other day and I'm glad that the character who plays scud has an affinity for krispy kreme like I do... but i'd still whoop his a** :D

Well that was'nt so long.

6. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    I heard long, long, before i became a member there was a thread about how people came up with their member names. So i looked and couldn't find it...

You are correct. I started that thread just after I signed up in Aug, 01. I looked at my post history, and it's gone.

Anyway, 'kohai' is a Japanese term referring to a junior student, often used in the martial arts, but it's a general term. Since most people on this board know WAAAAAYYYY more than I do about fanfilms, I figured it would be appropriate.

Also, in the original thread, I seem to remember a link to a lightsaber prop website put together by Thomas A Crawford, also known as JediTAC.

Or is it SithTAC? (another old thread)

7. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    Shh, don't give away the secret!

8. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Neszis I normally claim to be completely original and I just thought it up one time off the top of my head...but I only do tha to save time.

Here's the REAL story...

(shhhhh....okay everyone, gather round the campfire...)

It all began in 7th grade in English class. I was bored, so while the teacher was talking, I tapped the kid in front of me and told him to give me something to do because I was bored. He handed me this HUGE thick binder full of all this CRAP about this cartoon called Dragonball Z (I never knew it was such a big thing with people...). Anyways, he had some characters that he made up for some kind of RPG in there. One was named Nezs. I didn't care much, so I didn't pay much attention to the name. And I also don't remember when the necessity for a name came up, but when it did, I essentially couldn't remember how to spell the Nezs name (i remember now...odd, huh?). So, I made it into Neszis...and it just stuck. I use it EVERYWHERE, andwon't settle for anything else.

My cover is blown! I must be brief in my questioning.

Two questions for TAC:

1. Will you be changing your name for any reason because of this marriage? That would be wierd...

JediTAX
    JediTAB
    JediTAR

:)
    2. Will you tell us if w get ur middle name right? PLEASE?

~Neszis~

9. Lots

Lots Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Lots of...

weee! :)

10. Obi-Bone_Shinobi

Obi-Bone_Shinobi Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2002
    Hmm...my friends have called me bones for about 9 years..actually..some of them dont even know my first name.. ;) so theres the Obi-Bones....and shinobi was a kick a$$ game and rhymes with kenobi so...there u go...

11. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    Everyone get's so excited when they think their right. ;) :D

12. Darth Milarc

Darth Milarc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2000
    hmmmm

tick-tac

...am I close?

:D

13. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Sarlacc_pit comes, obviously from ROTJ, which is one of my favorite sequences from the OT. As an 11 year old kid, that scene had a big impact as it was when you finally see some of the potential the Luke had.
    But I started using the name because I used to have a website dedicated to making custom figures that was called the Sarlacc Pit. It kinda fell by the wayside though once Sins started going, but I plan on starting it up again this fall.

14. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    i picked up Pixelito because the announcer says it in the Episode I podrace grid sequence... i looked it up online and it turns out Pixelito is Sebulba's home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.