main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Members needed for Star Trek:Of Gods and Men CG FX Team

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by stogamAD, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stogamAD

stogamAD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2006
    Hello all!

My name is Peter Christian and I am the Art Director for Star Trek: Of Gods and Men. If you are unaware of this film, please visit our website teaser.

I am currently seeking out people to fill certain positions within our CG Team. These positions are:

Senior Hard Surface Modeler
    Senior Technical Director
    Senior Organic Modeler
    Particle Systems Tech
    Fluid Systems Tech
    Senior Hard Surface Animator
    Senior Organic Animator
    Director of CG Photography
    Senior Lighting Tech
    Assistant Optical FX Director

We are also looking to fill several of the positions that fall under the above listed slots. We are open to anyone who wishes to apply and if we can't get you into one of the needed slots, chances are we can find something for you elsewhere. If you have skills with Maya, 3DS, or even Lightwave... chances are we can use you. If you have skills with any high end compositing program such as After FX, Shake or Combustion, we can use you as well.

There is a LARGE amalgam of professionals working on this project from all over the Star Trek universe including Tim Russ (director), Doug Knapp (Director of Photography) and many Trek universe talent such as Walter Koenig and Nichelle Nichols to name a few.

Upon establishing contact with our Art Department details of compensation will be discussed. Please email me a resume and link to your reel or any work you wish to show me. You can also snail mail your reels to me as well. Here is my contact info:

Peter G Christian
    7515 146th Street SW # 513
    Lakewood, WA 98439
    253-230-9590
    253-589-8470
    peter@startrekofgodsandmen.com

I eagerly look forward to meeting some of you talented folks I have been watching here since my college days.

Thanks!

Peter

2. -OC-

-OC- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No seriously, asking for help on a star wars fanfilm is already hopeless, so, for a star trek movie, this is really the last place I would come

Good luck by the way

3. stogamAD

stogamAD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2006
    It seems that some here have mistaken this for a common fan effort. I have seen the work done by members here for years now and I thought I would extend this great opportuniy to my fellow Star Wars fans. Like I said, we are in "negotiations" and it's not like interested parties would be working pro-bono as with fan films. This project will provide those that are invited with an invaluable experience and they will be compensated. I am sorry if there is a "Star Wars vs. Star Trek" artist competitiveness out here I was unaware of. In my field, if you recognize talent, you go after it.

Even so, we are open to all applicants.

Thanks!

Peter

4. jfx

jfx Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2006
    I don't take sides. With that said, what kind of vfx work are you talking about?

5. stogamAD

stogamAD Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2006
    Photo realistic space battle sequences and there is a fight between two protagonists towards the end of the story that requires some organic character models to interact with each other using fluids...

6. jfx

jfx Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2006
    Well I use after effects. How can I help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.