main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Members of the Wedding, COMPLETE, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan mission, humor, drama

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ardavenport, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Title: Members of the Wedding
    Author: ardavenport
    Timeframe: pre-Episode I, pre-TPM
    Genre: humor, drama
    Characters: OCs, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Keywords: wedding, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi
    Summary: Jedi don't do weddings. Usually.
    Notes: If anyone thinks that any of these OCs resemble any characters from a certain Brit-com that's just a coincidence. :p This is how I handle cases where a cross-over would just be too ridiculous. And typo is my middle name, with missing words and errors that spell checkers do not catch being my speciality - if you see any, just post a reply or send a PM with the what and where and I will kill them with no mercy.
    Disclaimer: All characters and the Star Wars universe belong to George and Lucasfilm; I am just playing in their sandbox.

Rrrrrrr-rrroooonnnnngggggg.

Qui-Gon Jinn opened his eyes. And saw the fluffy, powder blue canopy above, gray in the night-time gloom of the room.

Rrrrrrr-rrroooonnnnngggggg.

It had to be the door summons to the suite. Pushing aside the soft coverings, he rolled over on the padded, raised sleeping mat and slid over to the edge. Grabbing the dark mass of his Jedi robe, he swept aside the diaphanous curtains and stood. He stretched out one arm behind him and his lightsaber flew up into his hand from where it had rested next to his pillow. He tucked it into a long inner pocket of the robe.

The light coming in through panes of the tall peaked windows from Saffast's brilliant night sky was enough to see by. The door to the private chamber slid aside for him as he shrugged his robe on over his plain sleeping shift. Other than the urgency at the door, he sensed no other disturbance in the castle other than the expectation of the day's celebrations.

Bare feet on the cool polished floor, he crossed the outer sitting room to the suite's entryway. His Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, stood similarly attired in the doorway of the other chamber.

Qui-Gon raised his hand. A Force impression of the control panel on the wall across the entryway grazed his fingertips. The light on it beeped a glowing green. White light came on from above. He folded his arms inside the sleeves of his robe as the wide golden door slid aside.

"Oh!" Dirrim Dirchard, the Archbishop's Steward, let out a little gasp, obviously startled by the Jedi standing several paces back in the room, under the entryway light. The heavyset, older man blushed pink in his cheeks and chin and hastily bowed. The pinkness went all the way up to his balding head. The Saffisti were Humanoid with all their limbs and facial features in the most common places, but their highly variable skin-color was rumored to be a remnant of some unrecorded shape-shifters in their long distant past.

"Master Jedi, my apologies for calling at this early hour. But a . . . uuh . . . situation has come up concerning the nuptials tomorrow. Today, actually. And I believe that you might be able to help us with it."

"Certainly. We are here to serve." Qui-Gon nodded to the jittery official. Steward Dirchard's facial colors faded back into his usual neutral and diplomatic gray.

He waved a hand at the wall panel again and the rest of the room lights came up. Dirchard startled again with a new pink flush to his face, but Qui-Gon ignored it.

When they sat down on opposite sides of the low table in the social area, Dirchard's skin color had gone back to formal and unemotional gray. The low cushioned chairs and settees formed a circle under tall windows that curved upward, blending into the skylight, allowing an excellent view of the brilliant display of stars. Obi-Wan silently sat next to Qui-Gon. Though he was twenty-two, an experienced and senior Padawan, Dirchard had favored the Master with his attention at the pre-wedding reception the night before and he did so again now.

"Again, Master Jedi, please forgive me for disturbing you at this hour. But it seems that the Bishop of Swigley has sent his regrets. He cannot perform t

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Well, the Force works in mysterious ways. I was just rereading several of your stories yesterday because I was missing your unique style - and today we have a new story.

Of course, mayhem and chaos are sure to result, with Qui-Gon folding his arms into his cloak off to the side. I'm looking forward to this ride, er, story.

3. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    I'm very familiar with your stories on FF, I'm glad to see this new one. Interesting start, and I know it will get even more interesting as it goes!!

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, another of your great, fantastic stories=D=

5. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Valairy_Scot: Ooooh, I've got stories to write, but all kinds of things getting in the way to write them --- writing in other fnadoms and switching from WordPerfect to OpenOffice and stuff like that --- so, aside from this, there will be others. Thanks so much for reading them!

obimom: Thanks! :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks so much! :)

6. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    - - - Part 2

"Master?"

He looked down at his apprentice.

"Have you ever officiated at a wedding before?"

"No. I have not had the honor." Slapping his knees with his hands, he got up from the settee and Obi-Wan stood with him. "In the meantime, we must dress and prepare. I believe that it will be a long day."

They each went to their own chambers. Qui-Gon's was decorated in pale blues and greens, with soft woven rugs and patterned walls of floating, fruited and flowering vines. The fresher was almost as big as the spacious sleeping area with bright white and blue tiles with purple accents, a large dressing area on the side and one wall entirely mirrored. His small travel pack sat alone in the middle of a wall of empty white shelves in the storage area. His clothes had already been cleaned and hung by the valet droid's alcove.

"May I be of service, Sir?" The machine, Aoli-One-Four, was already activated, anticipating him.

Most service and protocol droids were made with the body shape of their Masters, whatever species that might be. But for some reason, this one was modeled as a plant with legs. Its 'face' was a mass of plastoid leaves, its sensors and indicators blinking from amidst the foliage. Its arms were bendable stems with manipulator fingers hidden in the greenery. It seemed competent enough to perform its limited duties and its metallic colors did match the colors of the suite, but otherwise the design seemed quite impractical.

Qui-Gon shook his head. "No, I do not need assistance. However, a meal and an archive droid are being sent. Please go to the outer room to let them in when they arrive."

"Very good, Sir." The leaves rustled as Aoli-One-Four's top bowed and it left.

Going to a long white counter decorated with curling aqua vines, he selected the various scented cleansers that Aoli-One-Four had laid out for him. He had no particular interest in the selections, but he had found that the best way to get a droid out from underfoot was to give it something to do, especially servitors. He quickly washed at the shower wall opposite the counter, the hot air jets then blowing him dry. Glancing at the mirror wall, he deemed the result acceptable and then went to dress.

When he emerged from his suite, he found Aoli-One-Four facing off with a flowering bush on legs. It had to be the suite's other valet, for Obi-Wan's sleeping chamber.

"Well, you must not be trying very hard," Aoli-One-Four said with a jarringly critical tone. "My Lord seems quite pleased with my services. He was just complimenting me on them."

Agitated, the bush's plastoid red flowers and buds trembled. "My Lord's tastes are quite spare and simple. Elegantly so, I might add."

"Well, my Lord is far more elegant than - - "

Qui-Gon cleared his throat and both droid-plants hopped to attention with rustling plastoid leaves.

"Has the archive droid arrived?" The sitting area was fully lit now, the sky still dark through the tall windows over the two sets of comfortable red and gold chairs around a low table on opposite sides of the room. Qui-Gon saw no other droids, but these two might have left it waiting outside the door.

"No, my Lord, it has not. My most profuse apologies - - "

"Then please attend to it," Qui-Gon cut off Aoli-One-Four. "Quietly. Both of you. We will be meeting with the Archbishop early and we must be ready."

"Of course, my Lord."

"Very good, Sir."

The two bowed as well as plant-shaped droids could and went to a wall data panel. Then they seemed to have a hushed argument about which of them would plug into the data terminal, but it was quiet enough to ignore. Qui-Gon wondered if they had been designed to dislike each other or perhaps it was just bad programming.

Obi-Wan emerged from his room, fully dressed and attaching his lightsaber to his belt. He grimaced at the two machines, but said nothing.

"The archive droid has not arrived yet. I told the valets to attend to it, quietly. That should keep them busy." Qui-Gon went to the neared setting of low chairs. Tossing his robe

7. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Shakes head admiringly; you really can set a scene.

8. Shillani

Shillani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2011
    Nice! I like all the description you put in, right down to the rustling of the droids' artificial leaves. I'm looking forward to Part Three when it comes out.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update with the funny descriptions of the droids[face_laugh]

10. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Bickering plant shaped droids...:p I have always admired how inventive you are with droids and species, and your descriptions are always so vivid!

11. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Valairy_Scot: Thanks! I'll have to admit that there is a lot of set-up in this one, but it's fun set-up.

Shillani: Glad you like the descriptions; they actually make the writing more fun, too. Thanks for reading!

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank-you! Droids are just part of SW.

obimom:: Yeah, I like to put in droid stuff; there never seems to be enough of that in fanfics that I look at. Thanks for the reply!

12. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    - - - Part 3

The sky overhead was bright blue, but the sun was still short of rising. The two Jedi stood together in what was called the 'Iron Garden', an enclosed courtyard of dull red gravel paths lined by low reddish-orange leafed plants and rust colored hanging moss on what looked like dead trees. It even smelled like metal that had sat in a hot sun. The dull orange gravel under Obi-Wan's boots crunched as he again looked around them.

"Patience, my young Padawan," Qui-Gon counseled him, "I'm sure the Archbishop has her reasons for the delay."

Looking chagrined, Obi-Wan tucked his arms into the sleeves of his robe. "Yes, Master."

The tops of the castle towers had brightened with the first rays of sunlight before a heavy metal door in the wall opposite them banged open. The Archbishop and her party emerged. There was Archbishop Nealdine Croton-Ichard and her consort, Armitig Croton-Ichard, the Steward, plus Zee-Three and the Archbishop's protocol droid. The short gray and white archive droid that had been sent to their suite earlier followed last.

Archbishop Nealdine huffed as she crossed the rust-colored courtyard, her enormous breasts bouncing under her flowing blue body tunic and robes, trimmed in gold. She was short with a somewhat spherical body type. In contrast, her husband was tall and trim with an athletic build. They were both in their late middle years, about Qui-Gon's age in appearance. Her straight black hair was shoulder length with a blue patch on the right. His hair was a dignified, graying brown. His skin tone was as gray and diplomatic as the steward's. But the Archbishop made no secret of her agitation. Vivid orange tinted her bright magenta cheeks. She stopped before them and tugged down on her long tunic. The orange hues faded.

"Master Qui-Gon, I regret to involve you and your acolyte in our intrigues, but I am grateful for your assistance with this . . . scheme that my Steward has concocted." She gave her underling a cross look and the orange briefly flared on her cheeks. "In order to at least try to put a plausible face on this farce I have been cramming Jedi since breakfast. If we may?" She gestured toward an outdoor setting of sturdy rusty blocks around a round table under an equally rusty canopy.

"Of course, your Grace. We come to serve." Both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan bowed before following her.

When they were all seated, Qui-Gon was opposite the Archbishop, her consort seated back from the table on her right side; the Steward stood on her right. Obi-Wan sat next to his Master on his right. The droids took positions behind the Archbishop. The archive droid took a position at the table, it's recorders glowing and humming in all directions. The two protocol droids were very conventionally humanoid-shaped units, the Steward's was metallic gray, emblazoned with a yellow flower surrounded by a green vine. The Archbishop's droid was iridescent pearly white emblazoned with what looked like an overflowing bucket with a multi-colored puddle underneath. She took a few deep breaths and most of the colors wiped away into gray in an impressive display of control though a hint of magenta remained on her cheeks.

"Now." She rested her arms on the rusty tabletop. "First, have you reviewed the ceremony/"

"Of course." Qui-Gon nodded.

"Good. We will go over all that, after your investiture. IF I find you acceptable." This last part seemed to be aimed at the Steward who did not react.

"Now, I have reviewed your biographical details - - the Jedi Temple seems to have been very accommodating to my Steward's emergency request this morning - - and the general details of Jedi training. . . . " She raised a finger.

Nothing happened.

The Archbishop cleared her through loudly.

"Oh! Oh! You mean me!" the pearly droid exclaimed in a high-pitched voice. It waved it's arms a bit uselessly.

"Yes, Zee-Em. I do."

"Oh, good. I'm so glad I caught your signal, your Grace."

Tight-lipped, the Archbishop sucked in air, her cheeks and forehead tinting orange. "Yes. And what

13. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Quite the little quiz going on there. Qui, as always, is patient and well spoken.

14. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Hmmm...wonder if she'll give him a pass on that one...will he be able to explain to her satisfaction?

15. Shillani

Jan 9, 2011
    Nicely done! Archbishop Nealdine's pretty good at asking tricky questions. I guess she's had plenty of experience evaluating candidates for the Zembu Order.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    nice discussion and update=D=

17. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Valairy_Scot: Qui-Gon can pass the test. ;) Thanks for reading!

obimom: She'll look at him very closely about the lightsaber thing. Thanks for the reply!

Shillani: Yes, Nealdine is experienced - but so is Qui-Gon. :) Thanks for reading!

earlybird-obi-wan: Thank-you! :)

18. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004

- - - Part 4

Qui-Gon took in a long, slow breath and let it out. "A Jedi never seeks to kill, your Grace. Never." There were always distasteful rumors that the Republic used the Jedi as assassins and he wanted to definitely refute that idea, if that was what she was thinking. "The Jedi Code demands that we use the powers of the Force for the good of others. We train in the Jedi arts to do so from a very young age. And while those arts include diplomacy and the powers of the mind, they also include fighting. We do not exclude violence from our methods, because it is not the act that leads to the Dark Side; it is the intention."

The Archbishop's expression slowly turned more rigidly critical, but Qui-Gon could not really sense any of her thoughts at all; they were a gray wall.

"So, Master Qui-Gon, when you are going about doing good for others, what sort of circumstances must occur for you to decide that someone else must die for the greater good?"

"None, your Grace. Unless that person is myself. My own life is the only one that I may decide to forfeit. But in a conflict, my hand is guided by the Force. And if another person dies or lives, at my hand, then it is through the will of the Force."

"The will of the Force? Oh, well that's a handy excuse," she muttered, her gaze lowering. "I'm sure that the people who die are greatly comforted to know that you did not intend to kill them. Tell me, Master Qui-Gon, if the Force is in a particularly peevish mood that morning, does that mean you're allowed a higher body count?"

Qui-Gon frowned at her flippancy. "The Force does not have 'moods'. It is the life force that binds the universe together, its power infinite, its purposes is unknowable."

"Really? Well, then if you don't know what the Force is up to, then how do you even know if you're on the Light Side at all? Especially with you chopping people up and all that."

A corner of his mouth quirked upward. "We know we serve the Light because we know that we do not know if the Force truly has a will; its nature is unknowable."

The Archbishop stared back, her mouth a tight horizontal line. He smiled back, but her thoughts were still as blank as stone to him. The courtyard brightened, corroded oranges and reds accented with withered tans and browns. Something buzzed among the plants in the growing warmth.

The Steward cleared his throat. The Archbishop remained motionless, but her eyes shifted toward him.

"So," the Archbishop sat back, folding her arms before her, "let me see if I've got this. The Jedi believe that if you start acquiring, say, teacups, you will fall into a spiral of dark and destructive teacup attachment that will inevitably lead to death and galactic woe for yourself and everyone around you. But not if you actually kill another person. Is that right?"

Pressing his lips together, Qui-Gon paused before answering.

"Yes."

No other words came to him. There wasn't much else for hm to add. The Archbishop had made a valid point even if she used a ridiculous example.

"Well . . . . your point about knowing that you don't know the unknowable could have come right out of the Book of Zlattni. In fact, it did. But I assume that the Jedi did not intentionally plagiarize it. But the people-chopping really is a problem . . . . "

"Your Grace - - " The Steward's complexion was looking a little splotchy on the cheeks and forehead. Nealdine held up a hand.

"But." She aimed the word back at the Steward. Huffing, she sat her large bulk up straighter on her block.

"I appreciate your honesty, Master Qui-Gon. That, along with your serving others while not knowing the unknown, I think just puts you over the top on the third point. And . . . . the more liberally traditional branches of our Order," she pronounced this a little dismissively, "do allow for a bit of violence in extreme stress ? like needing to bump off heretics like meeeeee . . . and . . . . as Supreme Archbishop of the whole Zembu priesthood, I am endowed with the power of forgiveness."

She pushed herse

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    exciting update and that muttering about brown[face_laugh] What will Qui-Gon be wearing[face_thinking]

20. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    My goodness!! The Archbishop certainly asked very pointed and difficult question concerning Qui-Gon's penchant for...er..."chopping up people with his light stick"...:p and Qui-Gon was extremely patient and tolerant of these questions...and now it looks like she may appreciate Qui-gon's gifts of being able to defend himself and others...[face_worried]

And Trahina! She's something else!! I'm wondering just how ridiculous Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are going to look after she's done with them...poor Jedi... :p

21. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan: Oooooooooh, the Jedi will be wearing interesting outfits. ;) Thanks for reading!

obimom: The Archbishop does learn to appreciate Qui-Gon. [face_whistling] Thanks for the reply!

22. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004

- - - Part 5

The studio of the Mistress of Protocol was a mess. Bright sunlight streamed down from high, tall windows onto clean, bright white walls. And mounds and mounds of boxes, canisters, rolls of fabric, spools of cord, colored flat sheets, flags, balls, racks and racks of hanging clothes, open tool cabinets along the walls, equipment jumbled on the shelves, clutter on the floor, overflowing trash bins and a smell of rotting fruit and flowers in the air.

A droid, a similar model to the Archbishop's, tottered up to them. It's 'head' was white, but every other section of it's outer casing was colored differently. Yellow upper arm, bright pink knee, shimmering blue hand, green calf, purple chest on the left. It even had one forearm and a hip with spots.

"Heeeeelllllllooooooooo," it greeted them with creaky, elongated syllables.

"We have been sent by the Archbishop to be made more presentable for the ceremony today."

"Oooooooooooh." It tilted its head, it's eye sensors scanning past them with disinterest. "Do you haaaaaaaaave an appooooooiiiiiintment?"

Qui-Gon crossly looked down at it. "The Archbishop sent us. We don't need one. Is Mistress Trahina here?"

"Ooooooooooohhhh," The droid drawled back lazily. "Do you want to see the Miiiiisstress then?"

The Jedi exchanged looks of surprised disgust. Qui-Gon pushed past the droid.

They wove through the paths in the junk. Someone spoke; metal things clattered, the noise coming from a wide doorway in the back of the studio. They headed there. Qui-Gon met Trahina as she was coming out, her arms laden with bundles of colorful clothes. Her face flushed pale pink, then brightened to purple and red.

"Well, it's about time!" She pushed past him and Obi-Wan, kicking things out of the way as she went. Vossi followed at a more languid pace, leering at Obi-Wan as she went.

"Aaaaggghhhh, aaaauggghhh." Trahina sputtered in frustration, spinning around. "BeeMee! BeeMee!"

"You caaaaaaalllllllled, Miiiistress?" The multi-colored droid wandered toward her.

"Why haven't you cleaned this place up, you stupid box-head? We have business, IMPORTANT business to do here!" The beaded scarf around her middle clicked as she waved her arms, her kaftan fluttering.

"Here Hina, let me." Vossi swept her long arm, pushing aside a heap, clearing a smooth plastoid white tabletop. The clothes lumped onto another pile on the floor. A canister of fat round beads spilled it's clattering contents which didn't get far before being stopped by the rest of the clutter. She then took out a small com and called for 'a little clean-up.'

"Oh, thank-you, dear." Trahina dumped the new heap on the table before turning on the Jedi. "Get over here, you two." Muttering, she circled, tugging and poking at them. She screwed up her face, orange with disgust.

"Oh, really. Does the Jedi Order just vomit up all their Knights looking like, like, like the residue from an old man's fart? Hmmmmmmm?" She continued circling and fussing at them. "I mean really, I don't know what my sister is thinking, that it is even possible for me to make you two look halfway decent."

"Just spray them allover green and get it over with, Hina. Maybe stick a few feathers in some of their crevices or something," Vossi said, obviously bored with the project, her exposed skin flawless orange. She sat down on a canister and crossed her long legs.

"Nooooooo, Vossi. I am still Mistress of Protocol around here." She bared her teeth at the Jedi. "I have to keep some standards. Even if my sister insists on stripping the whole Zembu Order bare of its rightful authority, I will NOT go down with a shoddy, slap-dash job, up there in front of everyone in the High Chapel, the Most Sacred Ground of the ENTIRE Zembu, mouthing the words of Our Demise to the ENTIRE CONVOCATION, with MY NAME ON IT!" She shouted the last part, but Vossi seemed unaffected by the outburst.

A household servitor droid appeared at the door with two more servitors and a couple of lifters. They were all spotless white plastoid lik

23. Shillani

Jan 9, 2011
    Good chapter! Nealdine certainly knows how to handle her sister. Somehow, I think Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan might have preferred the droids' choice of clothing to Trahina's questionable sense of style. I imagine that it will go down in the Annals, but perhaps not quite in the way Trahina intends.

24. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004
    Thank-you! The choice of clothes is not quite the way Qui-Gon intended, too. ;)

25. ardavenport

Dec 16, 2004

- - - Part 6

At the other end of the table, Trahina shouted and held up a sparkling blue shirt with sleeves hanging down twice as long as the body, while Vossi waved a handful of diaphanous, white scarves. They seemed to have forgotten about the Jedi entirely. Elsewhere in the room, the household droids continued their work while their masters made more of a mess of the clothes. Qui-Gon picked up a few items but there wasn't a single thing that he considered wearable.

"Is the Archbishop really serious about wanting our help if she sends us here to waste time with her sister?" Obi-Wan complained with a plaintive high note. Qui-Gon looked down at him and smiled.

Unclothed and blue-green from the neck up, the whites of Obi-Wan's blue-gray eyes stood out from the darker colored skin around them. Except for the long thin braid hanging over his bare and hairless chest, he looked five years younger. He laid his arm over Obi-Wan's shoulders.

"Patience, my young apprentice. I sense that the Archbishop knows what she is doing. Do you not?"

He frowned. "I sense that the Archbishop thinks that she knows what she is doing."

Still smiling, Qui-Gon shook his head. Always teaching a Master was. "And what do you sense in the Force?"

The whites of his eyes vanished as Obi-Wan closed them. Calm . . . . calm. He could feel his Padawan's thoughts vanish into the Force. Excellent . . . . but . . . . Obi-Wan cast his focus a bit too broadly, taking in too much around him. It seemed to be his nature. Only experience would teach him to concentrate better on the moment.

Obi-Wan opened his eyes and exhaled. He looked unhappy. "I sense nothing, Master. Other than normal unhappiness and expectations for the wedding. And the obvious disturbance here."

Trahina was now extolling the virtues of green diagonal stripes on black while Vossi held up two tall, pointed hats that Qui-Gon would have found a way to 'accidentally' destroy before wearing one. He took his arm off Obi-Wan's shoulder and then belatedly checked for any blue-green smudges where his hand had been. But there were none.

Zed-Oh-Five returned with several choices of clothes and accessories, along with a pair of comfortable short, blue-green boots for each of them. The droid had only brought pants and shirts in green, blue and shades of aqua.

"No." Qui-Gon put aside the blue ones with jeweled trim and metallic flower patterns. Obi-Wan looked interested, but Qui-Gon was not, so he eliminated them first.

"No." The green pants and shirts had narrow, horizontal blue stripes and pleats going down the legs and sleeves. And the fabric was stiff and crinkled when it moved.

"These will do." The aqua clothes were the plainest, with only a subtle triangle embossing in the soft fabric. The sleeves and pant legs narrowed at the ends but otherwise they were loose fitting; perfect for fighting, if necessary. And they were comfortable enough to sleep in. It was possible that this was their purpose, but with some temporary, decorative closures at the collars supplied by the droid, they were acceptable.

Most of the head coverings that Zed-Oh-Five brought were veils or cylindrical hats that wouldn't cover all their hair. But there was a blue skull cap that stretched to cover up everything after Obi-Wan untied his tail lock and tucked in his braid. Qui-Gon picked a puffy cap with an elastic band. It was bright, shimmering blue, but he could comfortably fit all his hair into it. Then they had to send the droid back to the storeroom to get belts to clip their lightsabers to. Zed-Oh-Five found some that matched their boots

Trahina and Vossi apparently gave up on all the clothes they had brought in and were dragging fabric rolls off the shelves. The household droids continued cleaning and putting things away around them.

Finally, Zed-Oh-Five draped wide iridescent white stoles with curling green patterns on the ends over their necks, though the decoration on Qui-Gon's was more elaborate. The droid stepped back, appraising the result.

"It is highly irr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.