main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

member's origins

Discussion in 'Archive: Atlanta, GA' started by NOOM, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOOM

NOOM Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2002
    i read the site history
    and i saw that you all met at vulkon
    for the first meeting but
    how did darkrider,brightstar,rosiewook,and red_rose meet.if any other members have a story about how you found the hothlanta rebels i would like to know.
    out:noom

2. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    We all met on these boards, actually.

I guess that isn't entirely right. Jace and his wife already knew each other. (Obviously.) And Minacia and RedRose knew each other from Star Wars Chicks. And we managed to rope in the 501st members who were also at Vulkon.

And am I remembering any of this correctly?

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Sounds right to me, Paula. :)

red_rose (Sharon) and I met about 2 years before our first meeting on the Star Wars Chicks mailing list and decided to meet in real life. We've been friends ever since.

In May of last year, I happened across this forum right after Jace (Ian) and RosieWook (Paula) set a meeting time and place. I couldn't resist meeting more Star Wars fans, especially since I didn't know others existed in this town. ;) Luckily, I managed to drag Sharon along with me. And the rest, as they say, is history. :D

I can't believe that next month will be one year since that very first meeting. The time has flown!

4. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    That is exactly how it happened. I had been on TheForce.net for a few years. But I never had the interest in a club. I had been involved with the Klingons, The Atlanta Science Fiction Society, Starfleet, etc. But I never had been part of a Star Wars group. Star Wars was always number 1 in my book. It's how I found my passion for Science Fiction. So, on a whim I checked out the Atlanta boards and found people talking of starting a club, but no one doing anything. I think at that time Paula was the only other person really serious about it. So we agreed to meet. We posted that anyone interested should join. Mandy & Sharon joined us there...Keith too. And here we are now. One big happy group of Star Wars fanatics. [face_laugh]

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Don't you mean one, big looney group of Star Wars fanatics, Jace? :p

6. RosieWook

RosieWook Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2000
    Yeah, I showed people at work pictures from our Putt-Putt challenge. To the one, they said, "And you hang out with these people?"

Yup! [face_mischief]

7. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh]

And I'm sure Paula agrees with me when I say that there isn't anyone else I'd rather hang out with. :D

8. Technoviper

Technoviper Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Technoviper's origin:

A long tima ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Technoviper was rocketed from the dying planet Krypton moments before it's destruction. Finding his way to earth, he was bitten by a radioactive spider and spent years in the Orient learning to 'cloud men's minds' so that they cannot see him. Realizing that criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, Technoviper traveled to the US in order to find the one-armed man who killed his wife. Now, whenever Technoviper becomes angry or frustrated, a startling metamorphasis occurs: he hold aloft his magic sword and says "By the power of Greyskull!". He fights crime in the guise of a multimillionaire playboy. With his faithful Japanese sidekick Kato, Technoviper fights a never-ending battle for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

9. Jace Darkrider

Jace Darkrider Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 1998
    ROFL!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [face_laugh] That is too kewl and too funny Technoviper. I love it. Man, you're like every super dude rolled into one. I can't wait to see your costume. Hey, you forgot that you get super powers from eating cheese, just like Mighty Mouse...

10. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

We have some truly funny folks around here!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.