main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

members

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by teneniel_djo, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    but then who decides what goes on the web site that has been paid for. and what happens when a major contributor's ideas are passed over and they feel they are getting screwed by those that show up once every four or five days and drop a post or two?

2. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    That's why we have a lot more discussion to go on this topic than just this morning.

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, now we're getting a little paranoid. Here's my suggestion. At the next meeting let's begin a serious discussion on the formation of a system of checks & balances to help alay some of these fears & see what kind of input we can come up with & and then put it to the boards.

Or we can try to set up a chat for a specific time on Sunday so that everyone can participate. I also have NetMeeting, but my connection is a dial-up, so I don't know how well that will work.

4. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    if we go by post count that would make me a top dog in the yard , now how fair is that?
    not at all fair.

5. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I say we stick to what we have until Reb says not to. and then after that, we'll have THIS site...the board. That's ALL we need.

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    I do think a web site is necessary for us to have an identity as a fan club beyond the boards. Even if we decide to not use any money for it, there's lots of places where we can continue to maintain a web presence for free, we just don't have to have our own domain, and we'll be limited by disk space so we won't have lots and lots of pictures. There's really no reason we would ever have to just not have a web site.

7. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    i agree that no money should be tied to membership. just as attendance would disqualify some people, money would as well.

as far as the web site goes, i say that only those people who contribute monetarily to the web site should say what goes on it, or even have space on it for projects of their own....i know jgoc said she might be interested in that.

as far as free space goes, i am very much against it as we'll most likely have 6.5 million pop-up banners and ads on the page itself that would just irritate people and then all the effort put into such a site would be pointless.

i've gotten quite a few e-mails via the site from people interested in our group, so i don't think it would be a good idea to get rid of it altogether.

8. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I think we need a web site .

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    We have one. We just need a server.

One thing about people feeling they've gotton screwed over in the web page thing, is many of these host do allow sub domains. Members could have their own web pages I guess. They would have to follow certain restrictions to cut down on Bandwidth and space, but other than that I think it would be good.

10. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    that would work .

11. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Make your ideas known at the meeting, and we'll put them on the board afterward to take a vote......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.