main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Membership July-June 2010 *Please read Charter update*

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedi_onasi, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    As was discussed at the last meeting in June 2010, the cost of membership will now be $5 per person for the year (July-June). This will help to raise funds to pay for the things needed to help promote the group. Paying dues allows members to participate in all events. The membership dues apply to individuals, age 16 and older, and is per person, not per family. This will become effective July 1, 2010.

There will be no more 2 tier memberships. To participate in all IEFF events, whether official or unofficial, you must have paid your dues. No exceptions. Also, to be able to vote you must have paid your dues and be a participating member, i.e. posting, reading threads on the boards and attending meetings and events.

There will be an amendment to our charter to reflect these changes.

You can PM me for my address to send monies or bring it to the next IEFF event. If you cannot remember if you have paid, PM me and I will let you know.

Here is the old section of the charter that shows the former membership rules:

III. Membership
    Membership is open to everyone. There are three classes of membership:
    Active Membership:

Active members pay $50 a calendar year (July ? June) for membership dues. This can be paid all at once, in two payments of $25 each, in five payments of $10 each, or in monthly payments of $4 each (one payment must be $6). Active members must post on the IEFF forums regularly. Active members may purchase official IEFF shirts and participate in everything the IEFF does, including meetings, fun club activities and all official events where the IEFF is being specifically represented. Active members have full voting privileges and are eligible to serve as officers of the club.

Basic Membership:

Basic members do not pay dues. Basic members may purchase official IEFF shirts. Basic members may only attend club meetings and fun activities and must post on the IEFF forum if they plan on attending. Basic members may not participate in official events where the IEFF is being specifically represented. Basic members do not have voting privileges and are not eligible to serve as officers of the club.

Honorary Membership:
    Honorary membership is bestowed upon ?celebrities? in the Star Wars community, such as actors, directors, authors, and those working for LFL. Honorary members are not required to post on the IEFF forums or participate in any IEFF activity or event. Honorary members do not have voting privileges and are not eligible to serve as officers of the club.

IV. Membership Dues

Membership dues of $50 a calendar year (July ? June) are required for Active Membership level only. This can be paid all at once, in two payments of $25 each, in five payments of $10 each, or monthly payments of $4 each (one payment must be $6).

No dues are required for Basic Membership level.

All monies collect from dues will only be used to purchase IEFF advertising. They may include, but are not limited to, IEFF bookmarks, buttons, bumper stickers, business cards, flyers, temporary tattoos and a banner. No person may profit from this money.

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Thanks Nikol for this very important update for EVERYONE to see. =D=

As Nikol said, please PM Nikol for her address to send the $5.00 to or you can bring it to our next event. Stay tuned for what that will be and when.

We're trying to keep this as simple as possible for everyone which is why it was discussed and agreed upon at our June meeting to have our dues and what it covers be as what Nikol posted.

Basically it boils down to you pay $5.00 for the year...you get to come to whatever you want, with no more tier membership.:)

3. JediLarryB

JediLarryB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2003
    Sorry, but is it $5 per year or $50 per year? Thanks.

4. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    $5.00 but if you want to give me $50 I wont say anything lol[face_whistling]

5. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Yes, it is five dollars for the year. Sorry for the confusion. I'm good at that. :D

6. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Okay folks...you can bring your $5.00 to our next group event or please send it to Nikol if you won't be able to attend! Thanks:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.