main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Membership...

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by TenguJedi, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Hey are people allowed to be members of more than one Fanforce group?? If so i'd like to Join KofP as well as being a member of Midrim. Your group seems a lot more active than Midrim. Our problem is we have too many young people that can't travel to meeting and events and half our group is from State College (about 2 1/2 hours from Lancaster) You are much closer (a little over an hour from me) I'm also a member of Rebel Legion.

If it's permitted I'd like to join up.

2. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Tengu,
    our motto is "The More, The Merrier".
    heck, I'm from Philly, but the Philly group is pretty dormant, so I joined the more-active KofP group. I'm not sure what the "official" rules are concerning "dual citizenship", but I think you are allowed to do whatever you want.
    We've talked about doing thing in conjunction with the Philly group, so I don't see why some Midrimmers can't do things with KofP.

3. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Rick,
    We'd love to have you and Emmi join us when you can. One of the things the 'charter' members agree with me on is that we are not an exclusive group. We want to be open to anyone who would like to join us in the hopes it will foster relationships across FF chapter, Sci-Fi clubs, and the 501st. We feel it lends a nice friendly atmosphere and makes everyone feel happy and welcome here.

We are, however, working on a potential membership levels system that will grant different titles of sorts to those who participate on a regular basis. Being firstly a charitable group this will help encourage participation in those events and give people goals to strive for within the group. Second, being a social group it will help to create future leaders of the group as our lives change and the group grows in numbers.

:)
    Jenni

4. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Thank you all very much.

The idea of a charitable group is part of what brought me over here. I really like that idea. We're Looking forward to the next event. Em is already working on her next costume(She wants to try a Twi'lek). Any help I can be, I'll do my best to help out.

5. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I, like Tengu, am a member of the Midrim, but with the lack of activity and such there, I would also like to acquire "dual citizenship." I live on the border of York and Lancaster counties, so I'm not much farther than Tengu is from ya'll.

6. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Rebel_Spook...you are most welcome. Stay tuned to this thread and our independent URL - www.phillyouterrim.org for all the latest news and events...

Jenni

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.