main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Memorial Day Parade in Jordan NY

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    My parades end at 1:30. I don't think we'd be able to come, though, it's pretty much been decided :(

2. Ancient_Guardian

Ancient_Guardian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    speaking of comstumes, i have started the longest redo to my costume yet, im no longer using pictures from Ep.2 but from Ep.3 and im currentrly working on the glove that anikan wares on his right hand, that and im also makeing boots, wich you guys might find qite interesting, but they look gust like anikans!, that and anakin nolonger wares the same kind of fabric so i have had to make a new over tunic, and im working of makeing my old over tunic in to my new under tunic, wich is brow in this movie too... so you can see i have alot to do... but its just so fun!
    oh and im woriking on making a new robe, but im gunna leave that up to my mom...

3. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    ok i might be siting this one out, i forgot im in the liverpool parade the same day with boy scout, do we know when the parade in jordan is?... i might be abule to make it if i burn rubber. the liverpool one is at 9

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    the jordan one is at 3. I am also in the liverpool one at 9 so I am going to both :)

Looks like we are currently at 4 people for marching.
    :(

5. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    I'd be there if I could! But as I told Strawbary when this parade first poppped up, I have a commitment for Memorial Day every year.

I'm a member of the Ladies Volunteer Firemean's Auxilary and we march in a parade in town every year and participate in a memorial service earlier in the day. Since my Grandfather was a past chief and my Dad is currently serving as a fireman this is something that has some meaning for me and I feel I should be there.

Wish I could come and help you guys out! Hopefully next event I'll see everyone! ;)

6. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    For those of us going, should we meet up somewhere before heading out to Jordan? Caravan style or something. And may the Force be with the four of us =p.

-K

7. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I agree. I don't know the way.

8. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    Lets meet at noon at the liverpool library does that work for everyone? :)

9. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    i have to check with my parents if i can still go because i just got the time, but the library would work for me

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I figured since we will be over there anyhow for the other parade why not ;)

11. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    sounds good to me

12. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    hold on are you guys going to be their at the other paradein liverpool, as starwars personel, oh and nice job on the helmet karate i saw the pics on your web site!

13. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    Thanks A_G. It took a lomg time to do now I am working on the armour.

But on the topic of the parade in Syracuse. I don't know about if anyone is going in costume. I wasn't informed of it.

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    no nothing SW is taking place at the parade in liverpool I am there for something else. Right now we are only in the jordan parade.

15. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    ok, same hear, im in the liverpool one with boy scouts...

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok we have confimration that Yoda will be there :)
    We are up to 6 people now possibly 7. YAY! LOL

We are meeting at the library at noon tomorrow and heading out from there. This gives us time to meet and get there ,change and line up by 2 pm :)
    There is a chicken BBQ going on there too so bring some money so you can eat if you get hungry. I will also bring a cooler full of sodas and such if anyone needs anything.

For more details check the yahoo group. :)

17. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok just got home and Im soaked and a little cold LOL but I want to thank everyone who came out today. The weather sucked but we had fun! :) The crowd seemed to enjoy us there too :p We were officially invited back for next year and were offered a tractor and wagon so we wouldnt have to march ......YAY!

We went to the firestaion afterwards they had food there, that was awesome of them! Thanks to The Town of Jordan for the invite and for their wonderful hospitality :)
    We got to ride back in a cool boat ......weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :)

Ok, Im off to make cocoa and dry off !!!!

18. Karate-Jedi

Feb 4, 2003
    I had a great time too. Why does it always rain on us? And thanks to Karl for taking me back to 81 so I could get home. Without him I would of been lost. Talking of lost we even went the same way back as we came. Even the little detour LOL :D

19. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    *sniffles* I wanna be able to go........

My parades rather stunk. My feet hurt and I didn't sit down for like an hour x.x

20. Ancient_Guardian

Oct 25, 2003
    sorry guys i was with boy scouts from 9am-2pm i forgot we whent to the butterfly gardian after the parade for a cerimony

and after that i was so tired that i just came home and whent to sleap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.