main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Memorial fund for Chanel

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by cirrocco, Oct 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Thank you for all your supportive posts. Chanel was a lovely young lady and we will all miss her.

She is survived by her mother and a young daughter. I am setting up an account at Pay Pal for donations for them. I will use the initial money to open a bank account where contributors will be able to send money via checks or money orders.

Please send donations via Pay Pal to patrick_malone_ii@yahoo.com and ALL proceeds will go into a trust for Chanel's daughter. When making a donation please be sure to note that it is for the Chanel Memorial Fund.

Send whatever you can. Even a few dollars will make a difference.

When there is enough to set up an account I will post an address here on TF.N boards as well as the homepage of my website, www.cirrocco.com

Thanks again for all your kind sympathy. We here in the Bay Area are comforted by your support. -Patrick Malone ~Cirrocco~

2. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    ?[face_plain] That has already been taken care off by Mara_Jade_Fan!!

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey Pat if the EB want to do their own fund raiser that's cool I'm already in contact with Linda our Region Rep of Fan Force who is doing the major fund raisers for Fan Force in conjunction with the 501st. I have the contact information for Chanel's mother who is handling all the financial arrangments for Angelica. So feel free to contact me when the EB has the donations to help. As for Fan Force however, Linda aka Mara Jade Fan is the person handling those arrangments here.

4. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    I'd like to send a donation to the funeral home taking care of her arrangements to help with her funeral expenses. Could someone PM me with the information, please. I need the name, address of the funeral home and Chanel's full name so her account is credited. thanks very much.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    When I get that info or when Matt or Dale (JedHed and Anasian Skywalker respectively) get that info I'm sure one of us will have that info to help Chanel's family and probably soon I hope.

6. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I'm in the process of coordinating the arrangements with Chanel's mother Eva and will know for sure by Tuesday, once she has another appoinment with my minister and the people at Duggans Serra Mortuary in Daly City, CA. The family is on a budget, but at the same time I would like to give this "Fallen Jedi" a proper send-off.
    Will let everyone know ASAP. Most likely the the service the family is trying to get is a viewing/memorial service either at Duggans or at my church in South San Francisco. From there, there would be a cremation of her remains.

7. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Thanks for the info guys. Please let me know when the account is up as I do not have paypal. I will be more than happy to help in this sad time with some money orders.

8. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I'm an official godparent to my close friend's young son, and never truly felt what that title and the responsibilty truly meant until I saw Chanel's daughter after she saw her mother for the very last time at her hospital bed yesterday.
    To pararphrase that old saying, "It takes a galaxy to raise a child." And I think we who were all touched by Chanel to help her young daughter cope emotionally, financially, and spiritually.
    May I suggest we set up a new thread and a fund on the TFN boards entitled "Angels for Angelica" so her daughter and others who may soon experience the loss of a parent/sibling, etc. can know that they are not alone, and that the Force is always with them.

9. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I think it's a good idea, we could even start an organization because of this and there seems to a lot of support. I think Chanel would have very much invovled in something like this since she loved kids and doing things for charities especially kids. Do you want me to post something Dale or should I?

10. cirrocco

May 29, 2002
    I heard about the other fund. If I receive any money I'll send them to Linda.

Thanks for the help!

11. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    For those who want to make a donation to Chanel's mother for her funeral expenses or towards her daughter's college fund by snail mail, as in money order or check, I have received a name and address to send it to. PM me for it, please.

12. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Awesome Pat, EB rocks. :)
    Mac Nut, on Chanel's families behalf we all thank you as well. Let me know if any of you need any further info and such.

13. mac-nut

Apr 14, 2001
    Please post the time, place for her memorial service. Thanks.

14. cryovader

cryovader Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    Can someone please send me the links for donations so I can add it to the memorial page ? or at least , an e-mail address & short description of who's managing it & where the money is going ? ( i.e. Angelica's college fund, memorial service fund, etc. )

Thanks.

Ian Hiebert
    Executive Officer
    Golden Gate Garrison
    501st legion
    iceman@cryogenesys.com

15. cryovader

cryovader Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    Hey pat,
    I'm going to link to your main page on www.cirrocco.com , if thats ok.

16. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    I am going to be talking with the rest of the NJO on Saturday...

I hope that we can get a decent amount together for the fund.

17. cirrocco

May 29, 2002
    You can make a link to my homepage, that's fine. If you need to host a page there because of bandwidth issues I could help in that department as well.

JedHead1 (Matt) has created a fund. Here's a link to it:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13728379&replies=2

Mara_Jade_Fan (Linda) has set up a fund for those who would like to make general donations and for those who would like a decal. The Pay Pal address is:

schaub-art@sbcglobal.net

I've also began a charity auction of one of my lightsabers on eBay and the last time I looked it had been bid up to $67 from $25 and it had only been there for about 14 hours. I would post a link but I do not have permission to do that, not yet anyway.

The EBSWFC is considering putting other items up for auction as well.

Thanks again for all the generous donations and bids.

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    In this case you are more than welcome to post the links to any auctions that benefit Chanel's daughter and family.

19. cirrocco

May 29, 2002
    Auction Benefitting Angelica

Thank you for making an exception here. I know that this is highly unusual.

I am on the verge of tears as I type this. The generosity being shown by the Star Wars community is overwhelming.

Edit: Fixed the link - MJF

20. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    I am thinking about throwing a benefit concert in memory of Chanel with the proceeds going to the "Angels for Angelica" fund. I have been in contact with several bands that I play with and so far, the leaders of the bands are for the idea of a benefit concert and are willing to play. We are just checking availability ofr now. The idea that I had in mind for the benefit concert is a concert with multiple bands performing various styles of music like R&B, Jazz, Funk, Rock n Roll and holiday music. The show will definately be family friendly and should include lots of holiday music as well. Once I get confirmations from bands and find a venue to hold this event, I will post a new thread with the title of the benefit concert. Matt, Dale or Ming, can you find out if this would be ok with Eva and let me know? Also, if anyone in the bay area knows of or has contacts of venues that is a theater type venue, can you PM me with that info. I may have a spot in mind, but just have to find out if it's available. Thanks!

21. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I think it's a great idea JazzMachine and I doubt Eva would have a problem with it. I will give her a call tomorrow I hope and I can ask about that and other information. It should be alright I however and I'll run it past Matt and Dale too. That is, if they haven't seen this already.

22. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Hi guys.

My name is Michael (Aka Sacul-1138/Deadpool), I do a radio show at KDVS 90.3fm in Davis and I offered to do a small memorial on air for Chanel this Saturday (at 12am) I'll be saying a few words and playing Across the Stars for Chanel, as well as giving out the info for the fund.

I've been in contact with Brian and Ming over the past week, and we've been trying to decide what to say, they've given me some very touching and wonderful things to say, but I wanted to make sure that everyone who has something to say gets a chance. While I can;t promise to work it all in, I will do my best to work in as much as possible.

Also her Daughters name is Angelica? please correct me if I'm wrong, also how old is she?

If you have something please either PM me or e-mail me (Sacul1138@yahoo.com).

The station can be heard online at www.kdvs.org, and also be downloaded up to 7 days after.

I'll be doing this right at the start of the show, and will play her song, then a few Star Wars punk songs before returning the shows controls back to Punkroge.

I'll be doing my best to get copies of it to Ming and Brian after, so if you miss it you should be able to get it from them later.

I know it's been a tough week, but it's wonderful the way everyone has come together.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep it's Angelica, she's 7 years old. Jazzmachine, any party in Chanel's honor for Angelica's benefit would be fine with Eva. She wanted us all to know that she wants us all to celebrate Chanel's life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.