main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memories: Favorites places to play with your collections

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Skystroker_LuvzGail, Apr 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skystroker_LuvzGail

Skystroker_LuvzGail Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2003
    Remember having hours of fun playing with Star Wars toys (maybe some only have to remember a few minutes ago)? Well what were your favorites places or ways to play?

For me, I would take my Dagobah playset and stick it on a large window sill where my mom had three plants. There the plants coudl be part of Yoda's world, parat of the Jungle, Luke could fight Vader in the soil under leaves, etc.

Also, I would take one of my Solo figures and place him in a frame made of legos, fill it with water and place it in the freezer before I would start the ESB story. When it would be time for the Carbon Freezing Chamber, My frozen Han Solo would be ready!!

It looked so cool, better then the plastic frozen Solo thing that came with the Slave I ship. I think I froze the ANH Solo and used the Solo Bespin Gear for play (unless it was Hoth, then of course I used the Solo Hoth gear figure.

I would love to hear similar stories!

2. JangoFett316

JangoFett316 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Those are great stories S_L. I wish I was around back in the day with those original toys. I never played much with my figures, couldn't get the kid in me to come out to do so, I guess.
    But I do remember one time I had set up a 'landing platform' with the POTF2 Slave I and had Boba escaping from Luke several times. I think I was inspired by the Shadows of the Empire game for N64. Actually, it bore a striking resembelance to the fight scene in Episode II between Jango and Obi-Wan.

3. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Flashback to vintage line of figures (yes, I'm old enough)

We would take our figures outside, right in fron of the house where my mom had planted some shrubs. We would then pretend the shrubs and bark chips were Endor. Worked out pretty well.

4. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    we would play with them outside usually in my grandma's garden or under trees. ahhh memories. :) oh and when I say we, I mean the boys my sister and I would play with. we didn't have many of our own figures because we usually got Barbies or other girl toys. Except for mom. She would get us SW toys when she could afford it.

5. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm not old enough to have played with the vintage lines, but I did used to play with the first POTF2 waves when I was younger. Probably the place where we'd (me and my little brother) would have the biggest, and funnest battles were in the living room. We'd take up the whole room for these massive battles. Also, we once used a video camera to record ourselves (I was dressed as Vader, my brother as Luke) fighting with electronic lightsabers. We did this in the backyard, and when it came time to, we used action figures for distant shots of stunts that we couldn't pull off ourselves, such as falling or flipping over each other. It was a lot of fun and I still have the videos.

6. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    My house had a big backyard with a brook running through it, so my friends and I used to play with them in the brook and on the bridge over the brook. We used to throw Luke off the bridge alot...LOL.

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    When I was a little kid way back in '84 I took some of my figures out to the sand box and pretended that is was the Sarlacc pit. I still remember that I droped Skiff Gaurd Land on the lawn. And when I found him he had become a victim of the lawn mower.

8. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    The lawn mower may have been a worse way to die than by the mouth of the sarlaac. [face_plain]

9. Eon-Wan-Mome_NT

Eon-Wan-Mome_NT Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2003
    I remember that I did not have the Jabba the Hutt thingy that was out so I used "Mr Mouth"
    as Jabba.

Remember that game and that funny looking
    Mr Mouth?

Now isnt that funny [face_laugh] (OMG! He's back)

Sorry about the fate of your Skiff Gaurd
    Robert :(

I think all my figures met similar fates :(

My collection went out like the Jedi but with
    No New Hope

10. _Xanatos_

_Xanatos_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    I opened eveything from 95-01. I feel kind of bad for opening some figures, because three were different from others. But I loved to play the movie scenes and make my own stories in my room than play outside. I wish the movie Toy Story would have Star Wars toys.

I loved to put all my micromachine sets and micromachines and play out all three episodes of the OT.

11. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    In my room of course! 8-} Althouh, I wish I could still visit those days. :( :_|

12. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Yes, for me its only a few minutes ago. I love playing with my figures on my room, thers at least one fig in every niche, nook, and cranny in my room. I build all my diaromas on my desk, in fact, I just set up the "I am your father" scene, the carbonite chamber scene, and the AOTC landing pad battle.

13. BAR_BAR_DRINKS

BAR_BAR_DRINKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2003
    i remember puting Han in glass of water then storing it the freezer, then watching him thaw on the outside picknic table.

there was this ditch/hole in my back yard with roots, weeds and vines where Yoda lived. Luke's X-wing crashed there and broke a wing :(

I'm afraid Yoda too, has become a victim of the 'all mighty lawn mower'

Vader and Luke used to have duels on the window sills of the second floor, loser falls into moms rose bushes ;)

Han, Chewie, and Ben fought stormtroopers ( i had four of 'em!)off the window sills, too...

14. PhantomMenace

Apr 20, 2001
    These days, I really don't play with them. I mean, once in a while I might get the urge and start playing out a lightsaber duel amongst them. Most of the time I just pull my opened figs off the shelf, take them to the kitchen table, and just look at them and their action features. I change the poses of the figures on my shelf everyday, though. :p

15. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    ah, what a good thread. I myself was an avid action figure player as a kid. I played mostly Star Wars, also X-men, Jurassic Park, and even some stuff that I made up. Of course mostly Star Wars. One of the funnest times playing with Star Wars figures was with the power of the force red carded figures. I had this dresser that I still have but it had two shelves on it and one could flip down so that you could change babies on it. Kinda wierd, but anyway we (my brothers and friends) would use this for a docking bay, (always entitled docking bay 94)could never seem to think of anything else :) and we would have mostly "rebel stealth missions" into the imperial base (a.k.a. docking bay) Boba Fett and the bounty hunters would always be involved with it in some way. and it was always supposed to take place on hoth ('cuase my carpet was white) those were good times. More recently (after Episode 1) we played Episode 3 with Vader and stormtroopers. One of the troopers got a "levatating" boulder dropped on his head, and sad to say it broke him in 2 now hes a good one to use for Lightsaber dismemberment :)

Forcebewitya!

16. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, for me its only a few minutes ago. I love playing with my figures on my room, thers at least one fig in every niche, nook, and cranny in my room. I build all my diaromas on my desk, in fact, I just set up the "I am your father" scene, the carbonite chamber scene, and the AOTC landing pad battle.

Ah, same here, there wasn't ever a place where my Star Wars toys were not placed or hidden. 8-}

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I used to pretend my sandbox was Tatooine. They didn't make a sandcrawler, so I had to use a Tonka dump truck as a substitute.

18. Stridarious

Nov 27, 2002
    I used to pretend my sandbox was Tatooine. They didn't make a sandcrawler, so I had to use a Tonka dump truck as a substitute.

Substitutes are the best way to play. I remember they didn't have Jabba out at that time, and so I used a Rex puppet from Toy Story, turned his legs inward, tucked them in, and made him into this slug like thing. 8-}

19. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Strange, I remember ROTJ pre-dating toy story. And the vintage line had Jabba. I know because I own one. Without his left arm which broke off early.

20. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    I remember using a white blanket to reenact the suface of Hoth when I was playing my SW figures with my sister. I also remember using my Y-Wing to buzz her Barbie penthouse on Christmas morning of '83. Good times.

The woods behind my house was a good place to play with toys,becuase a Leia figure is buried out there,I think,and the vintage Max Rebo band is buried where a tree came down in a bad windstorm. I think my brother put them there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.