main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Memphis FanForce: Drive-In Night Summer Schedule

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Qui-Gon Tim, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    The Suspicious Mind Trick would like to extend an invitation to all of our Arkansas friends to attend the third season of our "Drive-In" Night Summer Film Series.

All of our movies are shown on our 26' wide x 13' high TIMAX screen, (which is on a 22' tall frame), complete with digital surround sound and digital projection.

Admission is free. Please bring your own chairs, blankets, coolers, snacks, and mosquito repellant. For more information, including directions and our "Reserved Rights of Management and Inclement Weather Policies", please check out our website here.

The SMT Summer Film Series Schedule is as follows:

Saturday, June 4th: The Empire Strikes Back

Saturday, June 25th: Return of the Jedi

Saturday, July 30th: Spaceballs

Saturday, August 27th: The Incredibles

Saturday, September 24th: Raiders of the Lost Ark

Saturday, October 22nd: The Phantom of the Opera (and the SMT Masquerade Ball!)

And, of course, the Saga Campout in November. (Date depending on the ROTS DVD Release.)

Hope to see you all there!

-Tim Brown
    President: Memphis Star Wars FanForce

2. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    We haven't got much of a response on this Saturday here--and I can only go if people carpool with me.

Come on people! Isn't anybody up for a late-night drive back from Memphis in the wee hours of Sunday morning? [face_praying]

I would even carpool with Jaron. ;) [face_skull] :D ;)

3. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    I may be down for it

if my dad is cool

A Pre Senior Trip

4. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Come on down, y'all. We don't bite. Much.

Hey, I'm just glad y'all are responding. I posted an invite to the folks in Nashville right after posting here and my thread is falling like a brick with no responses. Do I smell bad? Did I sound rude? Is there a piece of spinach stuck between my front teeth?

I dunno.

5. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    hmm... can't go to either of the june shows becuase june 4th I have band practise and then the 25th I have to go work on the school newspaper... maybe sometime after that I could go though.

well... I may be able to go on the 4th... but I checked that website, and those directions are confusing, lol.

6. MisterBlunt

Apr 6, 2005
    You don't need directions. You can ride with me if I go--the key is finding enough people to make it cheap. I can fit up to 7 people in my van.

What do you have band practice for--is this a school band or personal?

Were you planning on going with the others to see it in digital in the afternoon.

--Jacob

7. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    OK Arkansas the 4th is alittle close to make plans but June 25th is fine so lets start making plans to go to Memphis to hang with them and see Return of the Jedi.

8. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    its school band (I play the bass drum on the drum line) and then I also have newspaper on the 25th so I know I can't go to that becuase we are going to be working on the first newspaper of the year and I am the computer guru so whenever someone needs help with a computer I am he first person they call over, so I have to be there, lol.

9. MisterBlunt

Apr 6, 2005
    You go to school in the summer?

10. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Mr Blunt
    Are you going to try and make the movie and the drive in? I'll try and call you tomorrow just to see whats up with the whole weekend situaion. Check you pm's under otisdodge....I think I sent you one but the internet gives me a migraine sometimes,,,it doesn't like me...I don't like it either...
    LOL
    Jeep girl

11. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    I can go to both unless something comes up. i'll keep yo all posted. Later!

12. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    blunt, we have band practises during the summer before school becuase we have football games right when school starts, so we have to be ready, and we have to teach all the new kids everything, and then with newspaper we want to have a newspaper out on one of the first days of school so we are going to do that over the summer so it can be out quick when school starts.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    One week to go until the next Drive-In Night presentation. I'm looking forward to seeing all of my friends from Arkansas, as well as making some new ones. The movie probably won't really start until around 8:40 pm because of the "Run Like Han Solo Contest" at 8:15 pm, so if something happens and y'all are running a bit late, I'll even hold back as late as 9 pm. (Just give me a holler on my mobile. I know Jacob has the number, and I'll PM it to anyone who needs it.)

Any idea on how many will make it?

14. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    I wanna go, but I know the restaurant I work at has its grand opening the next day and honestly I dont know when I work, as of now are the AGRs going back after the movie or the next day?

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I know I don't have the $ to stay overnight anywhere...so dunno either. It would be nice to come back...but that's a heckuva drive late at night...

16. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I wish I had room to put folks up for the night, but unfortunately I have a small house. However, there is a decent, cheap motel just 8 minutes away in Millington that I would recommend. (My friend from London stayed there when he came to visit. It's not five-star, granted, but it'll do if you need a place to sleep!) Check it out here.

And, if you can't make it to this one, as always, you're welcome to come to any future Drive-In Night, or any other SMT event.

17. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Tim, Myself, Julia and Tre' will be there unless somthing goes wrong. Also trying to get a few others to caravan with us. We will be coming back home that night we've done it before and will do it again. See Memphis Sat.

18. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    I will try to make it to the 25th showing, but idk yet.

I found out newspaper is the 23rd and 24th, so that shouldn't be a problem unless I and my friend both made mistakes, lol.

19. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    Sorry kidss

But I gots a job at Blockbuster now

And I probably have to work

But it is cool

Working there is so awesome!!!!!!!!!

20. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    So.... ya get free movies? ;)

21. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    I am planning on going and coming back that night, so if people want to carpool or caravan with me--that's cool.

22. davisjaron

Apr 9, 2005
    Ok i do believe I can go, but henry, are we meeting up at your house or what?

Also I will need to know where your house is, lol.

23. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003

yes sir i do

I also get to rent the movies before they come out which is awesome!

24. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    Hey, y'all. I just had to make a change to the schedule. The October Drive-In Night and Masquerade Ball has been moved up a week to October 22nd due to a conflict with TimmyCon!2.

Looking forward to Saturday. Everyone think "cool". The blasted forecast says that it's going to be 98 on Saturday. (And 102 on Friday! Aaaaarrgh! I'm so not ready for the extreme heat.) Hopefully they'll be wrong. I'm regretting not doing it this past weekend now, considering that the evenings were stunning.

25. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I sooo can't wait for Sat too :D

Heat is good [face_hypnotized] I so love to bask in the sun like a lizard! Well I juz like to sit in it *snrk* soak up that warmth! But the humidity sucks...[face_sick]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.