main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Men of the Legion (An Imperial POV action/romance/drama FanFic) Updated 7/26/07

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Titus_Vendramin, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titus_Vendramin

Titus_Vendramin Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2007
    Sorry updates have been so long in coming, guys - I'm getting ready for college and its really eating into my spare time.

2. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    Please don't worry about the delay, Titus. As a graduate, I've an idea what getting ready for college is like.:)

3. Titus_Vendramin

Titus_Vendramin Jedi Youngling

Jun 26, 2007
    Star Wars:Men of the Legion.
    Episode I: The Empire's New Hope, Part XIII

In the quiet seclusion of his chambers, Tituswent through his morning exercise routine. He didn?t like to use the gymnasium ? he felt that the mechanical exercise machines were gaudy and useless. Rather than utilize them, he favored personal exercises which could be done without the aid of a machine. Titus did push-ups, crunches, lounges and chin ups, which he did by using a pipe running along the ceiling of his room, every morning in his quarter.

Titus had always favored utilitarian exercise. Rather than dash pointlessly on a treadmill, on Eriadu, he had taken it upon himself to run to the slave quarters and see them off to the fields every morning. Rather than lift weights, he had done jobs around the plantation, such as chopping wood with a traditional ax or moving by hand what others would employ a lifter droid to do. Working out in a gym felt like a waste of time ? exercising while doing valuable labor felt much more fulfilling.

Naturally, there was nothing on the Pale Legionnaire that Titus could do to exercise like that, so he contented himself to the little exercises he could do in his chambers. It wasn?t utilitarian but it wasn?t gaudy.

The ship was hanging in a low orbit over the world of Mon Calamari ? Captain Elagabalus had advised Admiral Issen to investigate the appearance of those Mon Calamarian ships over Ryloth and they hoped that the Calamarian home-world would have the information they sought.

That, however, was the Navy?s business. Titus had been ordered to report to Marshal Rumnoll, who was billeted on the Perilous, flagship of the 14th Fleet. After a quick shower, he put on his uniform, freshly cleaned by Tssuli, and pulled on his boots, sparkling under their new coat of polish. Exiting, Titus placed his cap on his head and joined the flow of personnel in the halls of the Pale Legionnaire.

Passing through one of the corridors he spied Orin, chatting with an attractive nurse with short black hair and olive skin. Titus smiled to himself ? he?d figured Orin to be a lady?s man and the lieutenant was obliging him in his assertion. The more he knew of the plucky pilot the more he liked him ? Orin was funny, engaging, brave and unswervingly loyal to the Empire. Orin had Titus? respect, trust and friendship. To that effect, Titus didn?t try to get Orin?s attention and left his friend to continue his flirtations with the nurse.

Rumnell had asked to speak with Titus in private ? Titus would be traveling in Captain Elagabalus? private shuttle, the Chevalier, to speak with the marshal on the Perilous. The hangar bay Titus entered was bustling with activity. It was one of the smaller docking bays and technicians and pilots were working on little repairs or tune-ups to their ships, which were mostly small shuttles or transports. The Chevalier was sitting near the edge of the hangar, just in front of the docking bay doors. The sleek craft hummed as its engines were being warmed for the coming voyage.

As Titus approached the vessel?s pilot he nodded at the man?s salute and stopped just short of the Chevalier?s extended access ramp. The pilot snapped to attention as he dropped his salute and said ?Major, we are ready to depart at your leisure, sir.? Underneath the shuttle, the technicians scrambled to remove a plasma injector and stow the large tube in its mooring.

Titus smiled and motioned to the ramp. ?By all means, let us depart now. I should like to reach the Perilous as quickly as possible to see what the marshal has to say to me.?

The pilot nodded and offered a curt salute. ?Very good, sir. If you?ll follow me, sir,? he said, striding up the ramp with Titus on his heels. ?You may take your seat in the passenger?s cabin, Major Vendramin.?

?If it?s all the same to you,? Titus replied. ?I?d rather like to observe the flight from the command cabin.?

Chuckling, the pilot motioned for Titus to follow him. ?You are welcome to watch from the cabin, sir ? although I?m afraid there won?t be very m

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    We have grown lax, however, in the past years. We have dominated the galaxy for so long that we have forgotten what we must accomplish to remain great. The ranks of our military are now clogged with incompetent, social-climbing officer who got their positions from bribery or nepotism.

That's often the way of the ruling class. Ha, so Rumnell has ulterior motives for his balnd commendation of Titus. o_O

Ahh, so he's found an old friend?? Interesting. :D :D

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    The ending was excellent with Titus and Bianca experiencing a tender moment in a not so tender world. =D=

6. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A very nice update. :) So, what plans does Rumnell have for Titus, I wonder? o_O Like RX_Sith, I thought that the ending was lovely.

7. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Part XII reply:

Jak was good at wiring and droid-works ? this heavy duty work wasn?t his cup of tea. He patted the cannon slowly and said ?Well, that?s the thing ? I, ah ? well?.?

Dinah sighed but slowly began to chuckle. ?You don?t know how to do it, do you??

?Well, I ? ?

?After you got on my back about the operating number!?

Jak smiled nervously. ?Well, at least I know the six different salutations used ship-board.?

?I thought you said there were only three last time.?

?Well ?ah?.?

Lol These two are great together! Great interaction!

?Thanks,? Jak said, leaving the cannon corridor with Dinah, not behind, but next to him.

That?s better. They make a nice pair.

Part XIII reply:

?I realized that the Empire is not impersonal. I realize that the State is an amalgamation of billions of people just like me who have loved and lost just as we have.
    Shall we dance??

Beaming, she took his hand and rose. ?We shall!?

And they did, and for Titus, the Empire once more became something huge and impersonal as all he could think about was how cool Bianca?s hand felt in his or how marvelous it was to have close to him.

Ah, the effect a woman has on a man. [face_love] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.