main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Men prefer to watch Star Wars when sick at home-What do you watch when you are sick?

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities' started by UluUlix, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    This was in the articles on the Force.Net I found this to be cool and true for me. If I'm home sick it is A New Hope, The Patriot, Gladiator, or a sports comedy like the Replacements.

Men Prefer Star Wars When Sick

Posted By Dustin on January 14, 2006
    From Contactmusic.com

DIRTY DANCING has topped a UK poll as the movie women most want to watch when feeling ill.

The smoochy 1987 classic, starring housewife's heart-throb PATRICK SWAYZE, beat PRETTY WOMAN to the recuperative top spot in the Tesco Pharmacy survey.

Feelgood favourite GREASE came third, with THE SOUND OF MUSIC trailing behind at number four and epic tearjerker GONE WITH THE WIND in fifth place.

Men, however, prefer comedy and action to jolt them back to good health - they voted STAR WARS as their all time favourite, followed by screwball comedies FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF and AMERICAN PIE.

TOP GUN and the INDIANA JONES saga came in at fourth and fifth place respectively.

Thanks to everyone who wrote in!

2. Illd_Saber

Illd_Saber Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2005
    When I'm sick, I just click around until I find something on TV. Usually I'm good with TNG or X-Files. A couple weeks ago I watched a few eps of Firefly. Never really think about popping in a movie.

3. Lightsaber_Master

Lightsaber_Master Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2006
    i watch star wars alone...in a quiet house, eating popcorn and all lights off so my attention can be full. Or i will watch it on my laptop and skip around to favorite parts...like I always watch the end saber dual to episode I and III, and always watch when Luke is on Degobah with Yoda in Empire.

4. Jedi_Twin18th

Jedi_Twin18th Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2005
    Those are the parts are I watch too. I love the end confrontation on Ep. III. Between Anakin Padme' and Obi-Wan. That is my favorite part. It's awesome. I like to watch Batman Begins also. And I love the movie Hollywood Homicide with Harrison Ford and Josh Hartnett. That movie is good and it's funny.

5. QCJediGal

QCJediGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2005
    Actually when I'm at home sick I prefer to watch nothing. I just want to curl up under the covers and go to sleep. If i cant sleep then I would read a book over watching a movie.

6. Mandalorian_Bad-Ass

Mandalorian_Bad-Ass Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    Actually, believe it or not.. I really DO like to watch the Trilogy when I am sick.. I watch ANH if I want to sleep (usually nod off right about the Swing over the Casm scene). ESB if Im gonna be up for a while (because I slept too much during ANH) and then I usually watch ROTJ when I start to feel better (but not good enough to go to work, hehehe).

7. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Right On Mandalorian!!

8. Super_J

Super_J Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2004
    If I am home sick it means I am pretty sick and chances are I dont want to watch anything, unless Price is Right is on :)

9. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    Good point. I also like to watch the Price is Right. Bob rocks! I would probably just watch tv, since I pay all this $ for cable and never watch the stupid thing

10. dewbackwing1138

dewbackwing1138 Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    I prefer 2 watch A New Hope or Fellowship of the Ring-Extended version. Once in awhile I pop in my original ROTJ on VHS-I like the YUB YUB song at the end-pity that was removed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.