main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Mending A Broken Heart...Obi/Qui

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelia-Lily, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelia-Lily

Kelia-Lily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    Title: Mending A Broken Heart
    Authors: Kelia and LilyHobbitJedi
    Characters: Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM
    Genre: AU/Angst
    A/N: This is our response to Life?s A Stage Musical Challenge. The challenge was:

Write a story, any genre based on the song, "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" from the Beatle's musical, "Help!". It does not have to be a songfic, but must include at least four lines from the song. Bonus if you include lines from any of the other songs from "Help!"

With a weary sigh, Obi-Wan palmed the door open to his quarters. The day?s training had already taken its toll on the eighteen year old and he still had dinner to prepare before Qui-Gon returned from his urgent council meeting.

Stepping inside, he froze at the sight of his master rising from the sofa.

?Master? I thought you were still with the council,? ignoring the sorrowed expression on Qui-Gon?s face, he turned to head into the kitchen. ?I?ll begin preparing dinner immediately.?

?Obi-Wan.?

A pang of icy fear shot through Obi-Wan?s veins at the pained tone of Qui-Gon?s voice. Something was definitely wrong, but he didn?t want to even start imagining what it could be, so he pretended he only imagined the tone.

?I can have everything ready in 20 minutes,? he continued, his hands beginning to shake.

?Obi-Wan.?

?Or sooner if you?d rather have a cold meal,? Obi-Wan breathed, gathering the ingredients for dewback sandwiches.

?Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon?s strong hands grasped his shoulders, squeezing firmly. ?I need to speak with -,?

?It can wait, can?t it master? Obi-Wan asked, his heart beginning to pound. ?What would you like to drink -,?

?No, it can?t.? Qui-Gon?s voice left no room for argument.

?All right,? Obi-Wan sighed, turning around, his eyes glued to the wall behind Qui-Gon.

?Let?s go and sit -,?

?Just tell me.? Obi-Wan squared his shoulders, bracing himself.

?I?m afraid it?s bad news,? Qui-Gon began, his eyes filled with sorrow. ?Are you sure you don?t want to -,?

?Master please!?

Qui-Gon exhaled deeply, once again grasping Obi-Wan?s shoulder. ?There?s no easy way to do this,? he said, tightening his grip, ?so I?m just going to tell you. The Council received word this morning the ship carrying Master Gallia and Padawan Tachi crashed upon entering the Felucia system.?

Obi-Wan felt the breath leave his body. This wasn?t happening, he tried to tell himself. But he couldn?t stop from listening to what Qui-Gon said next.

?There were no survivors.?

?NO!?Obi-Wan jerked free from Qui-Gon?s hold, stumbling backwards into the wall.

?I?m sorry, Obi-Wan.? A single tear slid down Qui-Gon?s cheeks. ?We received word from the Prime Minister, himself.?

?It can?t be true!? Obi-Wan moaned in agony. ?I don?t believe it.?

?Obi -,?

?NO!?

Obi-Wan turned to the wall, convulsing with sobs. He couldn?t imagine that Siri was dead, he?d just seen her a few days before. She was such a bright spirit and a wonderful friend, how in the galaxy could she be dead? He didn?t want to believe it still, but he knew Qui-Gon would never lie to him.

Here I stand head in hand
    Turn my face to the wall
    If she?s gone, I can?t go on

Qui-Gon placed one hand on Obi-Wan?s back, sending a wave of comfort and strength through their bond.

He remained silent until finally, Obi-Wan?s sobs subsided. His heart went out to him, he knew what his Padawan was going through.

?The Council has planned a memorial for this evening,? he announced quietly.

?Wha?what about the?.did they find them??

?Not yet,? Qui-Gon replied with a slight shake of his head.

Obi-Wan?s head jerked up, hope surging through him.

?How?how do you know for sure?? he asked when Qui-Gon only shook his head.

?The ship was?destroyed,? Qui-Gon answered. ?The prime minister has sent a recovery team but they don?t expect to find?very much.?

?Oh.? Obi-Wan?s shoulders s

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Gorgeous! :_|

?Part of me died with Tahl as well,? Qui-Gon admitted, ?but the rest of me learned to go on, to honor her by living the life she lost.?

?H?hhh?how?? Obi-Wan cried. ?Right now I can?t imagine surviving the next five minutes.?

?By leaning on me,? Qui-Gon answered, pulling him into a strong embrace. ?And leaning on your friends. And as each day passes, it will get a little easier.?

?I don?t want it to!? Obi-Wan protested. Despite his master?s words, he couldn?t imagine a day passing when the agony of his loss didn?t threaten to cripple him.

?It will anyway,? Qui-Gon insisted. ?Whether you want it to or not. And the day will come when the happy memories of your time with Siri will outnumber your tears.?

That was so powerful because it's so true! :_| Beautiful work. =D=

3. LifesAStage-Director

LifesAStage-Director Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2008
    :_| That was heartbreakingly beautiful. Great response to the challenge.

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    lovely response,=D= and now both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have
    something sad in common the loss of a beloved friend.:_|

5. Kelia-Lily

Kelia-Lily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    VaderLVR64:Gorgeous! That was so powerful because it's so true! Beautiful work.

Sadly it is. We are so happy you enjoyed this.

LifesAStage-Director:That was heartbreakingly beautiful. Great response to the challenge.

Thank you very much, we're glad you liked it.

Gkilkenny:lovely response, and now both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have
    something sad in common the loss of a beloved friend.

Yes they do. Thanks for reading!

6. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    ?H?hhh?how?? Obi-Wan cried. ?Right now I can?t imagine surviving the next five minutes.?

?By leaning on me,? Qui-Gon answered, pulling him into a strong embrace. ?And leaning on your friends. And as each day passes, it will get a little easier.?

?I don?t want it to!? Obi-Wan protested. Despite his master?s words, he couldn?t imagine a day passing when the agony of his loss didn?t threaten to cripple him.

?It will anyway,? Qui-Gon insisted. ?Whether you want it to or not. And the day will come when the happy memories of your time with Siri will outnumber your tears.?

How poignant and wonderful! I loved how Qui-Gon was there for Obi-Wan; he handled that perfectly. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.