main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mental Typecasting

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Here's a funny thought that was posted on another set of boards frequented by yours truly. I found it to be truly hilarious (in my own simple mind) and thought it warranted sharing with the group.

"Has this ever happened to you? You are watching a movie, and a guy pops up that has been in something else, and you cant help but laugh when you think of him in that role?

I?m having a lot of trouble now cause I started a Matrix marathon, and I keep seeing agent brown as Stark from Farscape, and Agent Smith as either Elrond of Rivendell or the dude from "Pricilla, queen of the desert".

I just cant help it, I keep thinking he?s gonna bust out with a "so... Mr. Frodo, you lead 2 lives. In one you are a respected member of the shire, and a good friend to your uncle. In the other however, you are the ringbearer. A person of great importance in your mind, and you believe you have a 'destiny' walking in the woods with 8 other men. Tell me Mr. Frodo, how will you be the ringbearer if you have no fingers?"

Anyone else have this kinda trouble with other actors besides Hugo Weaving?

2. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    I'm sure I have the same problem with other actors, but the only one I can remember is the one you mentioned. It really bugged me during reloaded more than the first movie. I could name some more, but I'm not completely awake :).

3. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    Hugh Jackman

4. FaceLoran

FaceLoran Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 1999
    Most recently, mine had to do with "The Ring". The little girl in that film was also the voice of Lilo in "Lilo and Stitch", plus the father in "The Ring" was Brian Cox who played Stryker in X2.

EDIT: Of course, then there's Seann William Scott (Stifler from American Pie) but all his other roles are still Stifler. [face_mischief]

5. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    That's because he only knows how to act one role... himself/Stifler.

6. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Thats very funny Jake. Mr. Frodo, LOL. Except for the hair Chris Lee plays really the same character in LOTR and SW, you could almost just trade the lines in each.

7. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    It happened in reverse for me. When I first saw LOTR I expected him to pop up and say "Mr. Annnderson"

Oh yeah and that guy in Red Dragon, the bad guy, when I see him in other movies now it always creeps me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.