main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Merch Ffermwr" (The Farmer's Daughter) (AU; SW/Marvelverse, happy-fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Onderon1, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    A/N: This is a very obscure cross-over, if only in terms of who's whose relative - I can say the NJO did occur here, but so did the First Order, and Luke wound up in a very unexpected part of the galaxy, as did ... someone else. ;)

If anything, this is the happier version of this timeline's ending of TFA - oh, and Kylo is L/M's son, here, not H/L's, and he's a fraternal triplet ... and there's a lot more that I could add, but on to fic!

DISCLAIMER: Some are LFL's, some are Marvel's, ALL are Disney's (except the corgis), and no money's being made off of this. Please don't sue.

January 2008: Wales:

She'd worked with Fitz to isolate the unique bioelectrical signal that marked her ... gift ... seperate from "normal" bioenergy used to fuel mutant or enhanced-human abilities.

She'd adapted Cerebro to detect said signal, and isolated the particular fingerprint of the energy on the weapon she'd found, after managing to use advanced DNA testing to learn that whomever'd bled on the lightsaber was her birth father.

And she'd flown back to her island of raising - not, she now recognized from her increasingly remembered early childhood, where she'd been born, but where her heart was, nevertheless.

Even after all that - after the increasing hope of the strengthening signal on her handheld scanner ...

Jemma Simmons couldn't help but laugh that she most needed a good pair of Wellington boots to find the truth of her past.

Well, on with them, then, the SHIELD xenobiologist thought, changing into her boots before leaving her car.

It was a tiny farm near Aberaeon; she'd found it easily enough, despite the wet and the cold - growing up in Gloucestershire, she'd gotten used to the winters. And while SHIELD didn't quite demand as much boot camp as, say, the Royal Marines, Jemma had made sure she'd gone through proper training.

Plus, I do enjoy the outdoors ... somewhat, she thought, shaking her head with amusement as corgis darted past, barking in welcome from inside the small farm's fence. She waved, smiling at their excited, curious and kind thoughts.

It wasn't that strange, any more, to trust her instincts, much less believe it possible that she could sense animals' thoughts.

Hardly any more of a shock than learning I'm Jean Summers' niece - related to the X-Men, yet nobody could confirm which Grey sister I should be descended from, until Grandmum Elaine talked about her first daughter, Mara, Jemma recalled.

It'd been a happy accident, comparing Jemma's DNA against the X-teams' databank as part of a routine security measure to allow the mansion's systems to gene-read SHIELD agents as they came and went in partnership with Operation: X-Ception. Jemma had always known she was adopted, but she'd never dreamed she might have American relatives.

But there were the dreams - I repressed them, out of fear, and ignored my instincts. Well, no longer, Jemma decided.

The night after she'd learned her mother was Jean and Sara's missing older sister, Jemma had had a vivid dream.

She'd awoken to find a huge number of items - hairbrushes, her keys, her ICEr - levitating in her bedroom.

After that, a few psi-probes and some basic tests had proved Jemma had some kind of power - but her X-gene was still latent, at nearly 24. It might still manifest, perhaps in connection with her gift being honed, but it was uncertain.

All we do know is that someone whose DNA matches my biological father's is here, on this farm - alive, she thought.

Well, that, and he'd been badly wounded enough to bleed on a lightsaber turned over by SWORD Commander Brand. The green-haired woman refused to clarify how she'd gotten the weapon, only saying, "If you find him, I don't want to know."

Well, fine, then, Commander. The scientist - and the lonely little girl - in me both need to know ...

Jemma carefully waded through the sheepfold, smiling as the rain let up and the clouds began to part.

Then, she felt, as much as heard, a masculine cry of surprise, and the door to the little farmhouse opened.

He wasn't a terribly tall figure - perhaps in his late 50s, with something of a wild, if well-trimmed, beard and greying hair.

But his eyes - a gentle blue, widening with shock and, yes, awe - were the same ones Jemma remembered from her dream.

She nodded politely, not quite able to speak, and reached into her backpack, producing his lightsaber, which she held out.

The farmer took a shaky step, his stunned disbelief washing against Jemma's mental defenses as hope lit in his face.

He took the 'saber, laughing just a bit, then looked again at Jemma, shock filling him, replaced by hope as he asked:

"Jemma ... !?"

"Hullo," was all Jemma trusted herself to say, telling herself her blurring vision was just the rain as they hugged.

And she blinked - back, before the pod bay, back to a jungle, a black-haired boy, a brown-haired girl, and a redheaded woman -

And him, as they leaned back and looked at each other, and Jemma laughed with joy as she told her father:

"Yes ... Da. I'm Jemma Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you."

:D

teamhansolo, brodiew and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Me likey. :D

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    Cowgirl: Thank you. :) This is a ways down the timeline from where I'm at right now, but the bunny hopped forth, and demanded to be written. :p

4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh yes, I know all about those bossy plot bunnies.

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I think my head exploded. :D But me likey, too!

teamhansolo and brodiew like this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Onderon1 -- this is incredibly fascinating =D= =D= [face_laugh] A fun really workable crossover!

teamhansolo, brodiew and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    EP, WarmNyota: Thanks again. :D

At the time I had the idea that Jemma Simmons might be more than she seemed, we had little backstory on her past in AoS; I'd be lying if her season 2 adventures in space didn't influence this somewhat (fortunately, she won't be getting tossed through any weird Kree monoliths in this AU ... :))

And there is SO MUCH a training montage sequel to be written from this ... [face_thinking]

And I know how the wider reunion will play out. :D But there's a lot of stories to tell before I can get there. [face_blush]

- Thanks, :)
    Onderon1

teamhansolo and Ewok Poet like this.
  8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    This was really cool, @Onderon1. I had no idea what to expect, but this was a breezy read. Seeing Luke on a Scottish farm was a nice touch. And the line at the end was perfect. Not to mention the Mara-Jean sister connection. Brilliant.
    I'm not going to worry about your timeline. I'm just going to enjoy the fics as I come upon them. excellent job.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Ewok Poet likes this.