main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Merchandise since the Disney aquisition

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Pancellor Chalpatine, Dec 16, 2015.

?

Is disney over doing it on the merchandise/deals?

1. THE MORE STAR WARS THE BETTER!

53.8%
  2. It's being overdone a bit.

30.8%
  3. I like ponies!

15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pancellor Chalpatine

Pancellor Chalpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2015
    A big part of the new movies is what funds them! The Merchandise! We've seen SO MUCH advertising deals and commercials. What do you think about all of it, and most importantly what the BEST stuff you've gotten and seen?

I think for me personally it might have to be the new Millennium Falcon drone......can't wait to open that baby up on X-Mas!

I think this is a great spoiler free topic, nothing to spoil (Unless you talk about the toy lines or descriptions)

But yeah thoughts?

2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I'm actually surprised with how much I'm loving Rebels. I can't wait for black series 6" Kanan, Sabine, and Ahsoka - and I cannot rest until I have a 3.75" Ghost. It's becoming every bit as much an iconic Star Wars ship to me as the Falcon.

Runjedirun likes this.
  3. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Never heard that before, about the Ghost. Nice to see a unique opinion, even thought nothing beat the falcon for me. And that BB8 droid is cool too.

4. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I love it!:cool:

Pancellor Chalpatine likes this.
  5. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Any specific thing you like? I don't have apple phone or droid whatever it is, but that BB8 used by the phone looks cool. I got the other one though.

6. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    I've been totally avoiding Star Wars merchandise for a while, for fear of TFA spoilers. So I'm really not that aware of what's out there. I'm not familiar with 99% of the novels/comics that have come out. I had been looking forward to Aftermath...until I read an excerpt and reviews. I plan to start reading some of the comics after I see TFA...especially the one about Luke, Leia and Han post-ROTJ.

I am really happy about the inclusion of Star Wars in Disney Infinity. Really loving the Star Wars content of that. The only little nitpick I have with it is I wish we got ROTJ Luke not ANH Luke. Right now, my favorite is playing as Ahsoka.

I have bought the most Star Wars stuff I have in years over the past few months. Out of all of it, I'm a bit disappointed in the game mechanics of Battlefront. I haven't play enough of it yet to comment on anything beyond that.

I've never been a toy collector. Instead of action figures I imagined that Playmobil people were Han, Luke, Leia, etc.

I'll probably have more to say next week after I see TFA....and I feel safe to start looking at Star Wars sites again.

7. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    I agree about battlefront, besides graphics it's all VERY underwhelming.
    Infinity is fun, but I've no experience play it. Disney infinity #1 had no matchmaking, kind of silly. Kind of like no game chat in battlefront. I like the shirts too. 5 below (a dollar store but wit h5$ as it's limit) is really good cause they got great kylo ren shirts, masks and star wars blankets...so much star wars stuff. Great time to be a star wars fan.

8. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    The coffee mugs at he Disney store are awesome. There are too many to fit in my cabinet so I only got 4, these are my favorites:

[​IMG]

They hold 20oz of coffee, tea, hot chocolate or whatever you drink ;)

9. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    See....that's a problem for me. I already have a ton of Disney mugs. Guess I'll just have to clean out a cabinet to make room! :D

10. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Technically Star Wars mugs ARE Disney mugs :3

11. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    Yes, yes they are! But my Disney mug collection is pre-2013. Its a good thing I'm cleaning the house. 1 keeps me out of spoiler trouble. 2 allows me to make room for new Star Wars mugs!

And I'm owning up to "I like ponies!". Kinda have to, since I have 3. Don't want the Dark Side of the Horse to strike! :D

12. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    Dark side of the horse....dark side.....horse....Dark ...horse... DARK HORSE COMICS!
    They made some of the best star wars comics! and some iffy ones......o_O
    This is how my brain works.

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker likes this.
  13. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    I never thought of it that way. I was referring to my 3 black horses. ;)

14. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    I know I was just being silly. Also I'll let it slide this time but this is 2015. The politically correct way of saying your message is-

"I never thought of it that way. I was referring to my 3 AFRICAN AMERICAN horses."

Please leave racist comments out of the thread. -_-

15. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    Weeell....technically one is a Welsh/Arabian horse and two are miniature horses. ;) One is a Jedi mini :ben: , and the other is her full Sith-ster :vader: . The dark side is strong with that one. Judge her not by her size.

16. Pancellor Chalpatine

Dec 5, 2015
    That's awesome. When I was a kid the ponies all really liked me at the dude ranch, even the ones that never get along with people. I like them.
    It's gotta be cool owning three of em. Also what you did with mini there....I see it..... :3

17. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002

I'm incabable of this cabinet cleaning you speak of. Disney, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Portal...give me a geeky mug and I just add it to the collection and never let go. Heck, I even have a Lego mug. Half are at work and I still don't have room for them all. Add in the pint glass collection (beer, coffee, cocoa, and tea...do other beverages even exist?) and it is no wonder I can't close the cupboard door. sigh. ;)

So yeah, I need a BB-8 mug.

18. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Oct 8, 2000
    Cleaning out cabinet means moving or getting rid of the non-Disney plastic cups I have. Or taking stuff out of another cabinet to make room for more Disney, Star Wars, etc stuff.

Mugs come as BB-8? I'm getting one! :cool:

Getting back to TFA....does anyone know why the release date of the novelization is January 8?

Having ponies is a lot of fun...except on days like today where its 40F and raining. And then having a wet horse want a hug. Um....yeah, not so much fun. One of my plans is to make some spoofs of the PT, OT and ST movies....but with my horses. I don't really have much done yet, just thinking of taking the titles and making them horse themed.