Discussion in 'EU Community' started by StarNeptune, Nov 20, 2004.
though ,I do wonder what the post-njo has in store for Raynar and fellow jedi
I see a few possible scenarios:
1. Raynar got brainwashed by the two Dark Jedi, and is now using the dark side under their direction. Somehow the Killiks come into play in this scenario, but I haven't figured that part out yet.
- Variation 1. The two Dark Jedi brainwash an amnesiac Raynar.
2. Raynar has trauma induced amnesia and got dumped by the two Dark Jedi as soon as they discovered his presence on the ship. He ends up on a backwater with no way off, but finds a colony of Killiks. He integrates himself with the Killiks and leads them into doing whatever it is they are going to be doing, but is found by the Solos, Alema, Tesar, etc. They try to talk some sense into him, but chaos ensues.
- Variation 1. Same as above, but Raynar does not have amnesia.
3. Raynar killed the Dark Jedi, and slowly turns Dark himself. He wanders around a bit and ends up on a planet with the Killiks, and leads them into whatever it is they are going to be doing.
That's all I can think of at the moment.
I really hope he doesn't go dark. That's the last thing we need...yet another of Luke's former students falling, only to be redeemed in the end. It's so overused. However, I don't think it would be too out of character for Raynar if it were to happen.
I'm betting it might be one of the first two, because, as NaboosPrincess said, the whole falling-to-the-dark-side-only-to-be-redeemed-again thing is waaaaay overused. The brainwashing aspect would be a fun new twist, which is somthing they are probably looking for in post-NJO books.
Well, I just saw the list of Dramatis Personae of The Joiner King over on the TOS boards...Raynar and Welk are both listed as "crash survivors". Lomi Plo is not on the list. Hmm...
Yeah, I saw that too. It's definatly going to be interesting. I think with Lomi gone it kind of rules out the chances of Raynar being a dark Jedi. Somehow I can't see Welk managing to turn him on his own.
Up up up!
Thanks for the up, Lusa.
It seems like we're the only Raynar diehards atm. Maybe once Joiner King comes out, there will be more Raynar fans.
I hope so! I thought that NJO was realling making him into such an interesting character, then poof! He's gone! It annoyed me very much. In fact, I think that's number 1 on my list of complaints against NJO!
If anyone's interested, I wrote a fic focusing Raynar. Something's Changing
Coolness! I'll check it out!
I like Raynar. He's kinda cool. His relationship with Lusa rocked.
He's a semi-prominent figure in my SM/YJK crossover.
In case you stumble on the thread, rumors, substantiated rumors, say Raynar and Welk survived of Myrkr and are in the new NJO series after the YV War.
I don't care if he's good or bad, I'm just glad Raynar is alive, and that his potential as a character isn't being wasted (As of yet, anyway).
I adapted a "Infinite" NJO/Clone Wars story. In it, though, Raynar and Lomi survived, no Welk.
That sounds pretty cool. I think Lomi didn't die, but that she is a candidate for being "The Unseen Queen". I could be wrong, but it seems possible.
I wonder how Raynar could stand to put up with Welk for 7 years...lol
Well, I compared Raynar with Skorr from the Clone Wars and Lomi with Kadrian (?), and they couldn't stand each other, so who knows?
I'm so excited to see how he survived! It's going to be really exciting! I can't wait for it to come out!
I used Raynar in my fic, too, and he's so far been a pretty major supporting character. I've had fun angsting him to death!
I've had a Raynar songfic in the wings for a while now, but I have a Death Star sized writers block regarding a certain part. I will finish it one of these days, though...hopefully.
I'll be waiting. If you need help...
I did a Raynar/Lusa songfic a while back, My Last Breath, plus a R/L viggie for the Holiday Challenge, Crystal, if you guys wanna check them out!