main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Mercy for the dead... Vader writes Padme a letter on Valentine's Day. (Vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: Mercy for the dead.
    Summary: Fifteen years after Padme's death, Vader writes Padme a letter on Valentine's Day.
    Category: Five years pre-ANH.
    Notes: Possible spoilers. Light.
    Author: Sara Kenobi

My dearest Wife

I write this to you my love, fifteen years too late. So many days like today have passed, and I've done nothing. Forgive me. Not a day has gone by, and I've not thought of you. My regret over the actions I took have haunted me since you were stolen away from this existence. My love, you were taken far too soon. All because of what I thought had been right, and I had never been in fact more wrong.

I don't know how I thought it even possible that you'd betray me. I guess deep down I always knew if I turned to the darkness, that the price would have been you from my life. Who knew that I'd also have been the one to collect such a costly price. My words do no act to take away the pain I had brought you. And they never will because you've passed long from this life. Taken into death by the one who had loved you the most, and had demanded that you allowed such love to take place, even though we had both known all along how wrong it had been to feel this way.

Ours is a forbidden love, and always will be. A Senator loving a Jedi, and a Jedi that taken a Senator as his Bride. How wrong it should have all been to us. So different we were to each other, but we fell in love anyway. It breaks my very soul knowing that I was now doomed to walk this life without you. Every step I take, my footsteps grow more heavy with that burden I forever know.

As you fell down to the ground, and I heard my master's disparate cries to the wind, I knew that I had crossed the point of no return then. If you died or not. I had forever lost the both of you from my life. Anakin died with you that night, and what was left of him was me. Vader. Known murderer and Jedi slayer through out the galaxy. I had only wanted to travel the stars you know? That is the only reason that I had left my mother on Tatooine all those years ago. And when you walked into Watto's shop that day with Qui-Gon Jinn, I had known that I had wanted to travel those stars with you. My beautiful angel you were then. My love. My light. You had my heart in the palm of your hand, and I think you secretly knew it even then. Such good care you took of it.

I wish that I could say that I returned to you the same. But I had only left your heart in pieces at my feet. So blinded I had been by my anger. If only I could have died right then, perhaps Palpatine would not be as strong as he is now.

Obi-Wan had been right all along you know.... He had pleaded with his master to leave me there with my mother on Tatooine. He said that I was too old. That I was too dangerous. If only Qui-Gon had listened to him.

I no longer feel anger toward my old master. Only waves of unforgettable regret and pain. They too are with me with every step that I take. He had been the only father that I had ever known. The only one that stuck around and thought me worth anything. And look how I repaid him?

Sleep in dreams my love. Where you know no pain, and only peace. May the Force grant me mercy enough to be with you soon. I've kept my beloved waiting for me much too long.

Anakin

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it! But especially loved it that he signed it "Anakin."

:_| My poor baby Vader! I will hug him! :D

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Sleep in dreams my love. Where you know no pain, and only peace. May the Force grant me mercy enough to be with you soon. I've kept my beloved waiting for me much too long.

:_| :_|

Oh, that was so sad, so heartbreaking.

Great job!

4. MY-T-Chewbacca

MY-T-Chewbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2004
    Very heart wrenching piece, lovely and well written. But extremely sad.

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks, guys. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.