main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Merlin] An Act of Revenge- Morgana abducts Hunith- Drama/Angst- Update 1-1

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Nov 7, 2011.

1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: An Act of Revenge
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Following the Series 3 finale, and under the assumption that Merlin killed Morgause.
    Characters: Merlin, Arthur Pendragon
    Genre: Friendship/Drama/Angst
    Summary: When a vengeful and grieving Morgana kidnaps Hunith, Merlin will do anything to save his mother. When Arthur tags along, it becomes difficult to keep his secret.
    AN: This is a crazy plot bunny that just wouldn?t quit, I hope you enjoy it!

An Act of Revenge

Chapter 1

I will never forgive Merlin, Morgana thought angrily. Their plan had gone so well, almost perfect really, and for it to end so suddenly made Morgana want to scream. The odds of an immortal army being beaten were almost impossible, yet somehow Merlin and Arthur managed to win back Camelot with a rag tag team of men. It would?ve been laughable, though Merlin knew what he had to do to stop the army.

When she arrived in the chamber where the cup of life had previously been protected, Morgana was almost immediately horrified to see that Merlin and Gaius had apparently defeated not only the soldiers sent to protect the cup, but also Morgause. She took a shuddering breath as she remembered holding her sister?s broken body as she took her last breath. Never had Morgana felt such a strong bond with any of her family until Morgause and she knew things were never the same. She felt lost without her sister, and Morgana felt there was only one thing to do. Revenge.

Morgana didn?t know how Merlin always seemed to find a way to defeat her and it was incredibly infuriating. Ever since her return to Camelot, he had foiled her every step of the way. He found and destroyed the mandrake root, destroyed the rowan staff that commanded the skeleton army just to name a few. Merlin seemed like such an idiot, yet he was eternally loyal to Arthur and loathe as Morgana was to admit it, he was a threat.

Morgana?s grief over Morgause?s passing handicapped her, and for weeks she wandered aimlessly in the Darkling Woods just thinking. She needed revenge, Merlin needed to suffer for how he hurt her, and once he was out of the picture, it would be far easier to try to reclaim Camelot?s throne.

Morgana

The voice came suddenly into to her head, a male voice, a child?s voice. And Morgana recognized it instantly. ?Mordred??

The boy suddenly appeared from behind a tree, and Morgana didn?t hesitate to hug him. ?Mordred, it is so good to see you.?

?You too Morgana,? the boy said pulling away from the embrace. ?Follow me.?

Delighted, she followed him, noticing that Mordred appeared to have grown a couple inches since the last time she saw him.

~~~~~

A short while later Mordred led her to a small cave, and when she entered it, she was surprised to see another familiar face. ?Alvarr!? she exclaimed.

?How are you, Morgana?? He replied.

?Not well,? she admitted. ?I?ve been through a rough time. Merlin has ruined everything.?

?You speak of Emrys,? Mordred said simply.

?Emrys?? Morgana asked, confused.

?There is an old prophecy,? Alvarr explained. ?Of Emrys, the most powerful sorcerer who will help the Once and Future King unite the land and bring magic back to Albion.?

?Are you trying to tell me that Merlin is this Emrys?? Morgana asked with a great deal of skepticism.

Mordred nodded quickly.

?That?s impossible, there is no way he is a sorcerer!? Morgana declared.

?He is,? Mordred replied.

?I heard that he even killed the sorceress Nimueh,? Alvarr pointed out.

Morgana?s mind was reeling, she found it so impossible to think that such an ordinary person like Merlin had magic, it was ridiculous. Yet, as she thought of it, strange things did seem to happen when Merlin was around. One of the earliest was when a gust of wind suddenly came through a sealed corridor to kill the afanc, but she also remembered the time when Merlin escaped from Morgause?s unbreakable chains. He was as slippery as an eel, and now she finally knew why. If only her sister was here, Morgause would know how to defeat him.

Morgana then told them everythi

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Wow I'm so into this show right now that when I saw this I squealed like a fan girl. Nice job. Love to see Morgana's POV.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Morgana is evil! And so in Mordred--and so young! Can't wait for the next bit!

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    If I were writing the show, Morgana would go after Hunith. After all, she is really Merlin's vulnerable point. Great job with bringing up the tension.

5. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    JEDI_TEEGIRLOO: Wow I'm so into this show right now that when I saw this I squealed like a fan girl. Nice job. Love to see Morgana's POV.

Thank you so much, I?m glad you like this so much and I hope you enjoy the next chapter!

NYCitygurl:Morgana is evil! And so in Mordred--and so young! Can't wait for the next bit!

Yes definitely! More is finally coming soon!

dianethx: If I were writing the show, Morgana would go after Hunith. After all, she is really Merlin's vulnerable point. Great job with bringing up the tension.

I just can?t wait until Morgana does find out because I think it would be a given that she would do something to Hunith. I?m glad you like this so far!

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: An Act of Revenge
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Following the Series 3 finale, and under the assumption that Merlin killed Morgause.
    Characters: Merlin, Arthur Pendragon
    Genre: Friendship/Drama/Angst
    Summary: When a vengeful and grieving Morgana kidnaps Hunith, Merlin will do anything to save his mother. When Arthur tags along, it becomes difficult to keep his secret.

An Act of Revenge

Chapter 2

Hunith opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings in confusion. The last thing she remembered was going home for the night, and she had absolutely no memory of the strange cave she suddenly found herself in. She tried to move to a sitting position, but she was hindered by the rough rope that bound her hands together.

Fear suddenly struck Hunith and while she had faced down dangers in the past, this not knowing was the worst part of all. She couldn?t think of any good reason why someone would want to kidnap her, and the bad ones she didn?t want to think of. As a general rule Hunith never held grudges and never made enemies. So she really didn?t understand why someone would target her.

Hunith heard movement near the mouth of the cave and in walked a cloaked figure. The person drew close and pulled down the hood.

Hunith gasped. ?Lady Morgana!?

Morgana didn?t answer, but just looked down at the older woman with an air of condescension.

?What is going on?? Hunith wondered aloud.

Morgana snorted in derision. ?Your son killed my sister.?

Hunith was surprised, but she didn?t let it show. ?And what does that have to do with capturing me??

?Because,? Morgana smiled wickedly. ?I want him to suffer.?
    ?You are going to kill me,? Hunith said simply.

?Eventually,? Morgana admitted. ?But first I want you to tell me something, who is Merlin?s father??

Hunith frowned, not wanting to be reminded of the only man she loved and lost. ?That is none of your concern.?

?You see, that is where you are wrong,? Morgana said. ?Merlin must have the magic from one of his parents, and it isn?t you so it must be his father.?

?Merlin doesn?t have a father,? Hunith declared, she had no desire to expose Balinor, where ever he was.

?I don?t believe you,? Morgana retorted. ?Don?t lie or I will have to resort to other methods of making you talk.?

?I am not afraid,? Hunith answered sternly.

?We will see about that,? Morgana said, smirking right before she struck her across the face.

~~~~~

Merlin sighed; it was the start of what would be another long day for Prince Arthur?s manservant. Ever since their return to Camelot, Merlin?s normal chores were doubled for a time and he was just now catching up. He was pleased that they had won the day of course, but he couldn?t stop thinking of what had been lost. He kept wondering about Morgana and about where she could be right now and by no means was he under the delusion that she hadn?t survived the collapsing castle.

Merlin believed that she was biding her time, but he wasn?t exactly all that worried at the moment. He would have to be ready when the time came, just like so many times before. Still it didn?t hurt to take a peek. After all he didn?t want Arthur to faint from him actually being to work on time.

A few days before Merlin had discovered a new spell, one that was certainly giving him a great deal of difficulty. It was scrying or rather a magical means of observing others, but ever since he attempted it, the spell was giving him trouble. He would always see something, but it usually wasn?t what he wanted to see. Still practice made perfect.

Standing before the basin of water in his room, Merlin braced himself before speaking the spell

?Ansíen mín geornfulnes!?

Nothing happened initially, but slowly the water in the dish became to make miniature waves for a second before it stilled and figures began to slowly form.

?Mother!? Merlin gasped when he saw Morgana strike Hunith across the face. He felt anger bubble as he watch Morgana scream at his mother again before hitting her again. Finally Morgana stormed off in rage and went out of some cave into th

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Hunith!

I had a little laugh that THIS was the lie Arthur could detect :p I hope he follows Merlin to the rescue soon!

8. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    This was a good chapter. Where did you get the spell word from?