main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Merlin] Snuggles and Squeaks - one shot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by dianethx, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Rating: G
    Warnings: teeth-rotting fluff
    Characters: Arthur, Merlin
    Summary: Arthur should know better than to be around when Merlin is practicing magic. Future fic. A nod to T.H. White's The Once and Future King.
    Disclaimer: I do not own the BBC version of Merlin; BBC and Shine do. I am very respectfully borrowing them with no intent to profit. No money has changed hands. No copyright infringement is intended.

"You are a complete buffoon! A brainless imbecile. I can't even? there aren't enough words in the world to describe how idiotic you are. When I'm myself again, you will be in the stocks until? until? [i]forever[/i]!"

At least, that's what he wanted to say. He wanted to yell and scream, call Merlin every name in the book and a few he'd make up if he had to, but instead all that came out of his mouth were cute little squeaks. Cute? little? squeaks.

It was mortifying.

Worse that that, he couldn't even throw things, not armour, not pots breaking over that idiot's head, not pillows or boots or his favourite helmet. Nothing. He might be able to hop on top of Merlin and whack him with his paw until whatever brain cells that were in the imbecile's head came up with a solution to this but throwing things were out of the question. Sad, too because he really wanted to throw something.

It was all Merlin's fault. It always was Merlin's fault but this time, it really was.

He had tried a new spell. He'd wanted to show it off to Arthur, something amusing to entertain the court he said and he must have got it wrong somehow. Idiot. Now Arthur could do nothing but make unhappy noises and hope for the best.

Useless as ever, Merlin was staring back at him, all that black fuzz wiggling around and a cute pink nose twitching at him. Obviously not doing anything to fix the situation. Did the fool even understand how bad things were?

Arthur still couldn't believe it.

Merlin had turned them into rabbits, little adorable cuddly rabbits and the whole idea was preposterous, utterly without merit. Arthur Pendragon was not adorable, far from it. He'd vanquished Camelot's foes with sword and sinew and damn it, he refused to even consider all those euphemistic terms for adorableness with regard to himself. It was embarrassing. It was beyond anything he'd ever admit to. The utter humiliation of it all.

Now all he could do was twitch and squeak and think of ways he'd torment Merlin, make his life a living hell when everything went back to normal. Until the end of time and if he could figure it out, beyond that.

Instead of trying to find a way out of it all, the idiot just sat there, nudging him with that adorable nose of his, using his whiskers to tickle his he-refused-to-admit-it large ears. Merlin was the one with large fluffy ears, not him.

But Merlin kept doing it, wiggling his nose, flicking at his ears, sniffling and squeaking and climbing all over Arthur as only happy bunnies could.

It wasn't possible that Merlin could be that brainless, could he? That he was enjoying himself? That he was happy about this debacle?

Bloody hell, he could be. The dim-witted daffodil liked furry woodland creatures, especially cute ones and was always complaining about Arthur's hunting.

This was going to stop right now. He wouldn't have a bunny's whiskers tickling him. He'd never hear the end of it.

Letting out an indignant squeak, Arthur pulled back, out of reach. He scrunched up his nose, narrowed his rabbity eyes into slits and thumped one of his hind legs. Thumped again so that Merlin would realize just how unhappy he was about the situation.

Something must have got through because unlikely as it would seem, the black-furred idiot looked upset. He turned away, snuffling and as he hunched down, flattening his ears, he pushed one paw over his head as if trying to hide.

Oh, damn. Merlin was making little bunny grunts, almost as if he were crying.

Arthur could never really stand it when Merlin did something like that, even when the idiot deserved to be berated, even when it was his

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    little adorable cuddly rabbits

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's hilarious!

Now I want to take them home and cuddle them to bits!

... Or make a stew. =P~ :p

3. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    LOL. Thanks Hazel. I'm hoping for you to cuddle them! No stew. Hee! [face_laugh]

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Alrighty, I just got my hands on the first season of Merlin, and I am only like five episodes in - but from what I have watched, this was a perfect future fic for them!! Arthur's annoyance and sputtering was a treat to read, and Merlin was just so . . . Merlin about everything. :p

Bloody hell, he could be. The dim-witted daffodil liked furry woodland creatures, especially cute ones and was always complaining about Arthur's hunting.

There was more laughing than I like to admit to at this line. (And several others, at that. [face_laugh])

Thank-you for the fun read!! [:D]

~MJ @};-

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "You are a complete buffoon! A brainless imbecile. I can't even? there aren't enough words in the world to describe how idiotic you are. When I'm myself again, you will be in the stocks until? until? forever!"

At least, that's what he wanted to say. He wanted to yell and scream, call Merlin every name in the book and a few he'd make up if he had to, but instead all that came out of his mouth were cute little squeaks. Cute? little? squeaks.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I LOVE this!! So. Freaking. Cute :D Merlin and Arthur friendship is adorable :D

6. dianethx

Mar 1, 2002
    Mira_Jade - So glad you are watching Merlin. I love the show so much. Arthur and Merlin's dynamic is such that it's pretty much a constant in some regards. Yes, Merlin is just so Merlin! Glad you enjoyed it. :D

NYCitygurl - Thanks. I really had a lot of fun with this one. I would have liked to post the picture from which it was prompted (two little bunnies, one white and one black all snuggled up together) but it would link to LJ and other, less sweet pictures. Anyway, glad you liked it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.