main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Merlin] To Live and Love- Balinor/Hunith- Romance/Drama/Oneshot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: To Live and Love
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: During the Purge
    Characters: Balinor/Hunith and a little bit of Merlin.
    Genre: Romance/Drama
    Summary: The story of Hunith and Balinor's first meeting, and how they were eventually forced to part.
    Notes: Spoilers for The Last Dragonlord! This is a story I felt compelled to write when revising my fic A Mother's Tale: Hunith's Story, and I felt Hunith and Balinor needed to have their story told. So I hope you enjoy this!

To Live and Love

It was really late and Hunith couldn't sleep. For what had to be several hours now she'd been tossing and turning, unable to get comfortable and finally she became so agitated that she finally sat up. The only illumination in her tiny home was from the crescent moon that seemed to hang so close Hunith felt as though she could touch it. And then she heard the knocking.

She heard five gentle raps upon her door and Hunith felt her heart leap into her throat. Who could be knocking at this late hour? Still curiosity got the better of her and Hunith pulled herself up from her small pallet and quickly padded to the door. Upon opening the door she was further surprised to see a strange, wild looking man standing outside.

Hunith knew that she should scream yet something seemed to stop her and as she looked upon the stranger she couldn't help but notice how very handsome he was. With striking dark looks, he seemed like the exact picture of the man she always wanted to marry. But then she regrettable came to her senses. The stranger looked anxious ad his eyes shifted from side to side before he spoke.

"Are you Hunith?" he asked in a voice thick with emotion.

"Yes," she gasped.

"My name is Balinor and your brother Gaius suggested that you might offer me shelter," he explained.

And suddenly everything became very clear to Hunith. A month ago the tyrannical King Uther of Camelot had declared war upon all those who practiced magic, and Gaius served the king as the newly appointed Court Physician. Hunith knew that her brother had dabbled in the use of magic, but he had been able to divert suspicion from himself for the time being. And if Gaius wanted her to protect Balinor then Hunith was certainly not going to turn him away.

"Come in quickly," she said stepping aside so Balinor could enter.

"Thank you," Balinor said to her once Hunith had bolted the door and sat down at the small table beside him. "I owe you a debt of gratitude."

"I'm sorry Uther hunts you," Hunith replied. "I take it you are a sorcerer."

"Not quite," Balinor said sadly. "I'm a Dragonlord, and now I'm the last of my kind."

Hunith nodded, she didn't know much about Dragonlords but she knew they possessed magic great enough to tame the fierce dragons that were all but extinct now. "I'm sorry."

Balinor sighed heavily. "I am too."

It seemed very strange for Hunith to suddenly have a man in her home after living alone for so many years. Yet Balinor was a strange man in many respects, he was quiet, kind, and did all he could to show Hunith how grateful he was. He didn't go outside during the day lest the villagers see him and word get back to Uther that Balinor was in Ealdor, but one night he cut down some fresh lumber and in a few days he'd made her a new table, chairs and shelves for her home.

Hunith seldom asked about Balinor's past as that seemed to be a rough subject, but as time passed he seemed to open up to her and one night he spoke about it.

"I didn't ask to be an outlaw," he said sadly one night when they were finishing dinner. "I was born as a Dragonlord, there was no choice for me."

"Even with your gifts you are still a much better person than Uther because you don't let hate and anger turn you into a monster," Hunith said.

"But I'm not without fault," Balinor protested.

"I've not seen it," Hunith said before she could catch herself.

Balinor smiled gently moving closer to her, "I've never met a woman so kind to a complete stranger."

"You're not a stranger anymore," she said softly g

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was sweet. I liked how Hunith hid Balinor so that no one would know he was there. Good job.

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww!! Hunith and Balinor are sweet, though I hate that he has to leave her :( I love the end, though!! Especially the way Hunith says what the dragon does in the show intro :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.