main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by britt1, Dec 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    Jim

2. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    Thanks, Jim, and a Merry Christmas to you as well. Hope you have a wonderful New Year as well !! Are you attending the show in March up in Richardson?

Joe

3. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    Not sure yet. Probably won't know till closer to the time!

4. GM1983

GM1983 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2007
    Hello all. Kinda late for Christmas wishes I know but seeing as this is the most recent thread....I was wondering if the Killeen Chapter is pretty much gone now? I was going to join in 2005 but unfortunatly I had to go overseas. Any info will be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

GM1983

5. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    Well, only one person can answer that for sure, Tandeer (our City Rep), and she hasn't been on the boards since mid-September. I'd ask her myself, but she will not speak to me.

However, if you are interested in Sci-Fi shows in the area and such, check out http://www.scifiexpo.com <-- Their shows are in Richardson or Plano (just north of Dallas), and they're usually a lot of fun. There are still quite a few of us who go frequently to these shows, and there are vendors as well as media guests who sign autographs (for a fee, of course)

There's a show coming up in March on the 17th and 18th... three Star Wars guests on the line-up so far to appear, so I know I'll be going... just one more excuse to put on my TK armor and do a little "Stormtrooping"... who knows - maybe I'll see ya there.

Joe
    TK-1731

6. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Hey guys I?m going to chine in on this issue if no one minds.

?Well, only one person can answer that for sure, Tandeer (our City Rep), and she hasn't been on the boards since mid-September. I'd ask her myself, but she will not speak to me.?

The CR is not the one who decides if a group is active or not. The CR is a leader elected by a majority of the group. If someone wants to pick up the role as leader of the group I think they should. Send out some emails to past members of the group and put some flyers up around town. That should help drum up some interest up in your area. I?ll be here to answer question of anyone as any. I check the boards multiple times a day.

?However, if you are interested in Sci-Fi shows in the area and such, check out http://www.scifiexpo.com <-- Their shows are in Richardson or Plano (just north of Dallas), and they're usually a lot of fun. There are still quite a few of us who go frequently to these shows, and there are vendors as well as media guests who sign autographs (for a fee, of course)

There's a show coming up in March on the 17th and 18th... three Star Wars guests on the line-up so far to appear, so I know I'll be going... just one more excuse to put on my TK armor and do a little "Stormtrooping"... who knows - maybe I'll see ya there.?

And anyone who wants together at the con we could set up lunch or dinner. My husband and I always go to the Dallas Comic Cons. We are also hitting All-Con that weekend.

7. JosephEck

Feb 21, 2003
    Thanks for the input, Elizabeth ! Always nice to have you chime in :)
    Maybe we could all get together for lunch on that Saturday then at the show? I know I'll be going even if I have to hitch-hike with my tub of armor strapped on my back. lol.

Jim - do you know how to get hold of Patrick and Branden? I don't have their email addresses... would be nice to start things up again - maybe even come up with a new group name? The KFF website is pretty much a dead issue in it's own right... hasn't been touched since prior to the fiasco of 2005... :rolleyes:

Joe
    TK-1731

8. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    Joe, I am not sure how to reach either of them. Yeah, we used to have a lot of fun didn't we?

9. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Well since your group really doesn't have a CR someone might want to step up and work on pulling the group back together.

I know a little bit about the drama the plagued your group and I think it is good that the group might be able to work passed everything and start fresh. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.