main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mesiclorines, fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by ISIS777, May 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISIS777

ISIS777 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2001
    Dear George Lucas if you would like to talk i might be able to give you some answers, i liked the Firebird on the rebel x-wing fighter pilot helmet, the pheonix, very clever, well must dash have to chat to an astrophysicist, a philosopher, and a mystic, sounds like the start of a good joke, so catch me on I.C.Q. 116725237, you guys came close in the sixties

2. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Uh.... okaaay... ?[face_plain]

3. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Despite rumors to the contrary, George Lucas himself is *not* on the boards. ;)

4. Joanzia

Joanzia Former FF Staff star 3 VIP

Oct 18, 2000
    LOL, Hama!!! :D

5. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    What??? I thought *YOU* were Lucas sir, you mean you aren't? ?[face_plain] Now I'm puzzled, I thought Hama was your (Lucas') username here ?[face_plain]

6. BelleBayard

BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Mar 16, 2000
    Don't even go there. Went through that whole thing back in late March (early April Fools Joke that got out of hand).

As for addressing the initial thread, 'midichlorians' are in fact the medieval/renaissance name of the tiny organisms that make up a part of all living cells (wish I could remember the exact name, it's slightly different). Rather interesting that GL would use something that is indeed a part of all living things (no, not rock or manmade artificial materials, it has to be alive). Wouldn't explain how Jedi can manipulate inanimate objects (except telekinesis) through the Force unless the Force is some sort of psionic thing that certain people are stronger in than others. So it is a real thing, just not exactly as presented. Yeah, I know this bums some folks out because it takes the mystical thing about the Force and puts it into everyday terms. Still, there is much we don't understand about the way or the why a human body (or any living creature's) works, so there remains a great deal of mystery.

Help any? Any other comments? Or anyone who can remember biology well enough to recall the actual name of the cellular part?

7. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    February 25th, actually.

8. Tycho_Celchu-Col

Tycho_Celchu-Col Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    Mitochondria. Hope that helps. Not sure of the spelling though.

Just an opinion. I could have bought the whole midiclorians/mitochondria thing had they not thrown in the "immaculate conception" thing. I just don't buy it.

-= steps off soap box =-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.