main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mess-Up in ESB

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dirty-Darth, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    -"Did your men deactivate the hyperdrive on the Millienium Falcon?"
    -"Yes my lord..."

Watch this scene very closely. Piet approaches Vader and behind him is a young Imperial Officer. But then after Vader asks about the hyperdrive...Piet and the officer are no longer next to a window and the young officer behind Piet is now someone else. Nothing big, I mean Ive watched these movies every week since forever and I just noticed it...just thought I'd point it out.

If anyone else has got some other mess ups then share 'em , or this'll die down real quick.

2. jakbar316

jakbar316 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Here's one. Not really a mess up, but something that bugs me. After trying to shoot the AT-ATs, Luke says their armor is too strong for blasters, yet after it is tripped up, one of the Snowspeeders is able to blow it up with it's blasters. That never made sense at all.

3. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Well, in the case of changing officers, that can easily be explained as flanking officers...

Okay..the director was giving his son a cameo... :p

As for the AT-AT's apparent lack of invulnerbility:

The speeders were shooting at the most vulverable spot:

The upper head/neck connection that lead to the interior of the walker.

Like throwing a match down a gas tank.

4. DarthDracule

DarthDracule Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2004
    Darn i was going to say that about the walkers. The only real vulnerable spot on the thing is the neck, if you hit its neck it would probably hit a pipe containing some flamable substance (liquid or gas) and blow up the head of the thing.

5. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    The snow-speeders arnt capable of flying higher than a limited distance (theyre speeders). In order to fire on the Walkers exhaust ports near the top of his back, a speeder would have to fly up high then fly straight down to shoot it. When the Walker falls, its at a level where the speeder can hit the spot.

6. The_Fireman

The_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    And you know this....how?

7. jakbar316

jakbar316 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Yeah. I guess it's one of those things better left unexplored. When I play Rogue Squadron for the PC, I can shoot at the walkers body after they have been tripped up and still blow it up, same in Battlefront, but I guess in the movie world that don't work.

8. Ididitall4thewookie

Ididitall4thewookie Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2004
    Here's one. Not really a mess up, but something that bugs me. After trying to shoot the AT-ATs, Luke says their armor is too strong for blasters, yet after it is tripped up, one of the Snowspeeders is able to blow it up with it's blasters. That never made sense at all.

That always bugged me too. I always personally justified it by saying that when the AT AT fell, the shield generator was crushed or screwed up or something.

How about how Yoda manages to walk like 30 yards in four seconds on Dagobah?

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    About that Piett and the officer thing. Notice how them and Vader are watching the Falcon through a small window.

But when the Falcon goes into hyperspace, the scene cuts back to the inside of the Super Star Destroyer, and Vader, Piett and the guy are watching the Falcon escape through the large windows instead.

10. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    When the AT-AT falls it ruptured the power core.
    The T-47 firing at it just before it exploded was a coincidence, not the cause.

11. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    ^^Really?^^

I honestly never thought of that, but now that you mention it, it does blow up with just a little delay after the lasers hit it, could be the delay of the core going up....it's possible.

*Goes off to watch the scene*

12. Sgt_Cade

Sgt_Cade Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    If you notice in this scene it's a negative as well... Piett and the Lieutenant's rank bars on their uniforms are on the wrong side.

13. Blueharvester

Blueharvester Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    After trying to shoot the AT-ATs, Luke says their armor is too strong for blasters, yet after it is tripped up, one of the Snowspeeders is able to blow it up with it's blasters. That never made sense at all

Could be that the Armor cracked when the AT-AT fell down. Armor has to be perfect, like on a M1A2 tank, but if the armor got hit already, an incoming projectile would penetrate it rather than bouncing off of it.
    Or it could be that an internal reactor gave the armor hull some kind of static electrical field that canceled the impact of incoming blaster shots. When the AT-AT was on its knees that charge on the armor was gone. I read about some kind of static electrical charge enhancing traditional armor on tanks somewhere a few weeks ago. It is tested on some prototype tanks.

14. Angela_Russell

Angela_Russell Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 6, 2004
    I'm going with the neck joint solution. The snowspeeder conicidence thing sounds like one of those lame, pathetic EU excuses.

Ciao!

15. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    I was thinking that maybe by armor Luke meant shields and not the actual armor. And then when it fell down the shield generator broke somehow and enabled the laser to hit the walker directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.