main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

message boards

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by darthtuttle, Jul 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Have you even read any of the phpBB documentation?

2. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    When creating a theme how do I design the top of the page to display what I want and same with the bottom?

I see you are using phpBB, same as myself. I redesigned the default phpBB themes to create a somewhat unique look. Click this linke and see for yourself: http://adventurers-club.net/forums/index.php

The way to modify the top and bottom of the page in phpBB is to edit the overall_header & overall_footer files. You have to know a bit of HTML to make it work properly, but you don't have to be an expert either. ;)

3. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I figured out the avatars.

4. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I just need to know how to create templates. It might take a while.

5. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Read the phpBB documentation, and if you have specific questions, ask.

6. Emperor's Prize

Emperor's Prize Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 1999
    Just a warning to everyone using phpBB message boards. If you haven't already, you need to upgrade your site to phpBB 2.0.11:

Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:13 am Post subject: phpBB 2.0.11 upgrade reminder

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a reminder to all users to upgrade as soon as possible to 2.0.11. Remember, the issue leading to this release was extremely serious. It gave rise to the possibility for persons to "install" scripts, delete files and otherwise access your system. If you have upgraded, be sure to check your account/system for suspicious files, etc. If you have any concerns please raise them in the support forum here at phpbb.com.

You should always be aware of what files are present on your system, that is good practice. If you run your own server you should install (wherever) possible tripwire or similar applications to limit the potential damage exploits (in phpBB and other software) may cause.

Now, let me reiterate something ... we do take security issues seriously. It's incredibly infuriating for us to read comments such as "I don't think the developers do take these things seriously", utter utter tripe and bolderdash. Equally we have complaints about notifications of new releases. I agree, something which pushes info on new releases is required. I've noted this internally before and perhaps now we'll get this implemented. However you can be notified of new package availability by "Monitoring" the phpBB releases at Sourceforge.

Please be aware that you should be fully aware of what software you are using. While we can (and will) do better at giving users notification in future it is your installation ... always keep an eye out for new releases, be it phpBB or anything else.

phpBB.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.