main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Message to ACSWC

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by bountyhunter1979, Aug 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bountyhunter1979

bountyhunter1979 Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2003
    ....Ok I really have to get this off my chest....I'm so ticked off. Members of the Alamo City SW Collectors if your in here, here this. You guys are a bunch of punks, all I ever did was offer my assets to the club and site. But your club creaters Bill, John, and Phil are members that are just plain......I can't even say it. You guys want to kick me out and not give me a reason why thats fine. I wasn't tring to put your site down, all i offered was some help in building it b/c it seemed like it could use some cool graphics. But i guess you all got offened. And I heard some of you are in here and you all got me kicked off of rebelscum forums...thats messed up. Well I'll just hang around the fan force if they still let me. Sorry to others for bringing in drama.

2. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    I see we have a new chapter in the "Wars of Star Wars Fans" book, BH1979, don't worry friend, I will tell you about that book some time :)

As for this other group . . . Noone I know of fits those names here except for a John, but I am the only John in the Forum and I am not a member of that group you speak of. Email me sometime at ObiJuan70@aol.com and we can discuss further your issues with this group . . .

Take Care Friend

John
    TD-7012

3. BillyRay

BillyRay Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2003
    First of all, nobody kicked you out, you left the Yahoo group of your own free will. To the best of my knowledge no one in the club got you kicked off the RS Forums either. If you have evidence to the contrary I would like to know because I agree with you, that is messed up. If RS has a problem with you that really has nothing to do with the club. Somehow this matter has disintegrated into a personal battle between us and you, something I find most unfortunate as that was never the intent. Several members complained about your constant spamming about your site, your questionable store reports, and your whole air of mysteriousness (changing your name constantly, etc.) and I took steps to peacefully resolve the situation. Believe it or not, I was the one who stuck up for you as I didn't want to lose a member to misunderstanding and gave you several chances to clarify things when some of the others wanted me to give you the boot. The only problem that I had was the fact that you cut and pasted text from our website and our posts in the RS forums onto your site without permission, something that could have been discussed if you had only taken the time to ask. I really do like the work you have done on your site and am glad that you are finding members. I think the whole costuming direction that you are taking is a much more original idea.
    As I stated previously, several times, this is not a personal matter between you and I. I don't even know you Michael, how could I have a personal problem with someone I have never met? I do not run ACSWC, I only created the website at the behest of the other club members. I find it disturbing that this whole issue has degenerated into name calling and petty squabbling. I tried to keep this a private matter within the club, but now you have taken it to a public forum here at the Fan Force. I genuinely hope that we can put this behind us and behave like adults. You move on with your site, we move on with ours, and maybe, in the future, we can link up the two. Our whole purpose behind ACSWC is just to help each other out with collecting and to to have fun. This is not fun. I want you to know that I, personally, have no hard feelings towards you and wish you the best with your site. If you have any problems with other club members I hope you bring it to my attention, we are not an "I hate Michael" club. Our only purpose is to enjoy collecting SW stuff, too much of our time (ours and yours) has been taken up by this matter. I hope that this can just end here and now and get on with our lives.

Sincerely,
    Bill

4. bountyhunter1979

bountyhunter1979 Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2003
    Bill lets get this straigh ok. I received an email stating you did not like me. So if this is untrue than you have member(s) that are using you as someone who hates me. I wasn't tring to take over the club, and I know a club consists of more than one, but I told you I had lots of toys that I gave away already and I tried to have some fun with it by creating that first site, but no one came in so i just did away with it. Then I created my own collections site witch I still have, than I decieded to make a club site which you beat me to it. For your information I couldn't find other links to sites so yes I had copied yours. But get real. you copied from somewhere else as well. I took the links off my site. So you can stop cring. And if you really did try to stick up for me ..than thank you...but I have to say you have some really jealious members in your site. Like I said I can back up everything I have ever posted at RS and another thing. RS messaged me stating that there are a few members of the SA forum that wanted me off for spreading rumors...? you guys can say and do what ever you want, you lost out .....b/c i can bring more than you can think of to a club. And I fell like I have found the right one now. Again since you stood up for me..don't take this as a personal attack on you...your other members apparnetly are the ones causing this trouble.

5. amass_sith

amass_sith Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2003
    With all due respects Mr. Michael-John-Esparza-BountyHunter-Wicket-Jedi121-And
    however many names you have, I regards to your trying to help, ?Don?t you mean take
    over? and as for you getting kicked off (Rebelscum) you my friend, did that all by
    yourself, by posting your web site all over the boards of Rebelscum.

YOU and only YOU, got yourself kicked off Rebelscum
    YOU and only YOU, left ACSWC no one kicked you out.

I told you in the e-mails you sent me, (that I asked you not to send me),
    That I wish you all the best with your club and web site.

I also told you to get over it, that life is to short to worry about other peoples business,
    why can?t you do that, instead you come to ?Where ever I?m at? and bad mouth people
    you know nothing about, which is how I?m here today answering this stupid ?Yet another
    of yours? threads.

BTW: FAN FORCE this is a really nice site you have here, I believe I?ll return, under more
    favorable terms.

Again, MICHAEL, all the best to you.
    Good Day.

-John

P.S. Michael, I for one never said anything to anyone @ Rebelscum about you.

6. BillyRay

BillyRay Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2003
    Michael, I never sent you an e-mail saying I didn't like you. As I have stated to you numerous times, I don't even know you! I don't believe that anyone at ACSWC hates you, but I know for sure that they are irritated beyond belief by your immature actions.

I understand that you tried to give away toys and I am sorry no one was interested. I also understand the frustration of trying to advertise your website. I applaud your act of kindness in giving those toys away to a hospital as you said you did.

Our site and club has been in the works for a long, long time. The fact that you created a club/site immediately afterwards could just be a coincidence, and an unfortunate one at that. Perhaps the fact that you were charging for membership kept people away, I don't know. Our site has been built with everyone in the club's input on content, appearance, etc. We were not in need of a "back up site" as you put it. We all had a hand in our site's creation and we are happy with it.

I never said anything about "links" Michael. I am reffering to the text from our site about our meetngs and also our posts in the Rebelscum Forums that you obviously cut and pasted into your own site (you didn't even bother to change the font). You know what I mean. Links are links. We probably would have been willing to share this stuff with you if you had just asked. I notice that you have taken all of that down now, thank you.

I don't know who said what to the RS forum mods about your "rumours" but we all find your store reports on finding the Clone Trooper Army set at Wal-Mart and the 12" Leia Speederbike at Target more than a little hard to digest. Several collecting sites, Hasbro, and Wal-Mart themselves have stated a few times that Wal-Mart will not be carrying these and the 12" Leia Speederbike is an internet exclusive. I am not calling you a liar Michael, stranger things have been known to happen I suppose, but it is highly, highly unlikely that you found these items. I do find it odd that you never posted tese "finds" on your own site after we brought this fact to your attention and I see now that you have done away with your store reports section completely.

I am glad that you have found members for your club and your site. I hope you do as well as you think you will, but I don't feel we lost out on anything other than your friendship. Most unfortunate this is.

I stood up for you because I felt you deserved a right to defend yourself and a right to be in the club despite any member's personal feelings towards you. Instead of doing so, you turned on us, called us names, belittled our club and our site, and YOU left the club. The only one crying and causing trouble seems to be you Michael. This is all very immature for someone that is 23 yrs old.

I would like to sincerely apologize to the members of the San Antonio Fan Force for bringing our dirty laundry into your forums. I am sure you have much better things to do with your time than read this garbage. We tried to keep this between ourselves, Michael chose to bring it here. That being said, I will not be responding to any more posts in this thread unless they are conducted in a respectful, adult manner.

I realize that it is probably pointless to bring this up, now that Michael has dragged our names through the dirt, but if anyone is interested in ACSWC our page can be found at
    http://home.satx.rr.com/riches/lgsagaindex.htm

It is most unfortunate that I had to join this forum under these conditions. I have heard nothing but good things about the San Antonio Fan Force and as John stated, you have a nice place here. Sorry for dragging mud through your house.

7. BillyRay

BillyRay Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2003
    Michael, thanks for your e-mail. I am glad we can put this all this silliness behind us. Peace out.

Again I apologize to the memebers of SAFF, hopefully this is all at an end now.

8. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    All I can say is - I never knew either of your groups existed and will be glad to promote both of your groups here at FanForce but if this disagreement between both groups is going to continue, I ask that you take this in to a more private forum . . .

Thanks . . .

John Laurel
    SA FanForce City Rep
    TD-7012

9. forceguy

forceguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    Greetings John Laurel! My name is Phil (the same Phil that BountyHunter1979 mentioned in his post up above). Our newly founded group (Alamo City Star Wars Collectors) started off as a "collecting circle" formed over at the Rebelscum forums. One day, we just decided to take it one step further and create a dedicated hub or website for SW collecting information. Our goal is to help out fellow collectors here in San Antonio by keeping everyone up to date on toy finds so that hopefully, everyone in the group can buy figures at retail. And for the record, we don't have a beef with anyone in town (including Michael). Anyway, I like your website. Very nice. How often do you guys meet up?

10. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Greetings Phil, thank you for your post, we meet on the second Sat of every month for the Official meetings but members meet from time to time outside of the meetings for other activities . . .

You are more than welcome to check out our next meeting on September 20th at Excalibur (we opted for the 20th since most of our members will be attending the Austin Toy show)- our Hot Topic for that meeting will be our Prop / Costuming gathering where members who have completed costumes will bring their wares to share ideas and tips on how they got their stuff together . . .

Take Care Friend and Thanks for the Post

John
    TD-7012

11. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Such heated discussion! I'm sorry you guys have had grievences in the past, but we can all join together and put it behind us, right? It's always more fun talking about and enjoying Star Wars as friends and not enemies. You guys should come to our Fanforce meetings and have a good time!

Marselles
    The One Who Annoys ObiJuan :cool:

12. amass_sith

amass_sith Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2003
    Thank You John and Darth-Hulk, for the welcome invite to your next meeting @ Excalibur, on Sep. 20.
    I am hopeing to attend, as are Bill and Phil.
    Again thanks for the invite.

BTW: If any of you would like to attend the first meeting of ACSWC (Alamo City Star Wars Collectors) you are more than welcome to do so. We are planning on discussing ideas for the web site and what direction we plan to take, with the club.
    As it is our first meeting, it's not likely to be to organized, any idea's you could provide would be a great help.

Also, I found out today that one of the guys that I've been dealing with on toys for some time now,is a member of your group, 'Chris' (sells action figures @ 90 flea market).
    I also invited him to attend our first meeting.

Again, thanks for the warmth of your forums.

13. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    JOHN !!!! - Yes Chris is a member of our group (he can be seen on our site) as well as his lovely sister Cassy. They have been good friends of mine for some time now and we welcome you to group. I may even be at their shop tomorrow (Sunday) to visit so hopefully I will meet you there . . .

Take Care Friend

John
    TD-7012

14. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    i,m so glad no one is fighting anymore for a change. it's pointless and stupid. anyways i thought i just post by saying that i too am a star wars collector and look forward to meeting you guys one day. i don't know if bill is the same person i used to game with a couple of years ago. if i,m not mistaken, his name was bill elliot. if you are him. it's good to know your still around. if not, well it would be good to meet you as well.

15. BillyRay

BillyRay Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2003
    Sorry, I am not Bill Elliot, I am Bill Rich. Isn't Bill Elliot a race car driver or something? Anyway, I too am glad that this is behind us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.