main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

\\--Metal Gear Solid Fanfilm Released- this time on VERY reliable server--//

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by wixmmm, Jun 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    I watched the end again(to see how you did your muzzle flashes) noticed that you didn't fully errase the artbeats logo from the explosions, and there were people in the background not in the fight. Obvisouly now a big detail since no one else noticed...back to muzzle flashes, i though you used the alamdv pictures but it didn't look like it...

2. shwanzi

shwanzi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    Thanks a whole heap mugwump! I ran straight to the site ond ordered! I owe you one dude! THANKS!

3. Mugwump

Mugwump Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2001
    Scwanzi: My dear friend....
    Step into my office... you are about to undergo a transformation... In that you will gain new appreciation for the art of synthesized music. While others may not see the world that you and I do, they will learn. And soon, our following will grow...

I'm happy to hear that you have joined my cause. Since you are *obviously* a new fan of one of my favorite artist, let me point you to my trailor : Here And you will be pleasently suprised at my usage of "Menouthis" (which is on the album that is currently speeding to your doorstep)

Enjoy!

(to everyone else, please forgive my shameless, OT act of self promotion.)

ok... For a little bit of ON topic : One thing that you might have done as well for the muzzle flashes, is have no flash at all. (Or at least a very small flash) and have the gun be supressed. (Good call on removing the hopper though!) BTW, I'm guessing that you used 2-3 brass eagle guns. I noticed from the shape, how they would move from one guards hands to the next (ahh... the joy's on exchangability)

-Mugwump

4. Huginn

Huginn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    The reason the president scene looked odd is because you 'crossed the line'.

An explanation of what that means and how to avoid it can be found at this site..

It is worth a look.

5. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    Wow, that's an excellent tutorial... I really learned somethign there.

Thanks alot, huginn.

Cya
    Mike

6. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    That was fun to watch! First thing I thought was how cool it is that you finished a 17 minute short film. That takes such a huge amount of work. But at the same time the pacing was nice with plenty of action so it went by quickly.

Congrats on finishing your film!

Cool opening title shots.

You should have spent more time casting the General...or used a teacher maybe. Or you could have made it a phone call and just shown the president on screen. And I think the black after the first President scene is a bit too long. Also, the composition, shaky camera work, and odd cuts make the President scene not up to par with the quality of the rest of the film. I think people may lose interest in that first minute and not wait to see all the cool stuff.

The guy who plays Snake on the other hand looked fine for the part. Easy to overlook how young he may be.

The car chase scene and the scene where the bad guys are scrambling around are great. Good job on the costumes and props (considering your resources).

Great editing and camera work all around for those scenes. The swish-pan style cuts worked well.

You crossed the line quite a bit. In the action scenes its not to bad but in the dialogue scenes its distracting.

I can't say much about the big (really big) action/shoot-out ending without spoilers. I'll just say it was great. Like I said, fun to watch. Lots of little things that make a big difference. Pretty good foley and special effects too. And you had a metal gear in it...awesome!

This is definitely a movie that MGS fans shouldn't miss!

7. shwanzi

May 25, 2002
    Hey Mugwump...

I downloaded the trailer to your movie. I dig the music, because that's all I can hear. That and dialogue. Is tehre some new edition of Real Player or Quicktime I should have to view the actual video?

8. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    goto www.divx.com/divx and download the free player to get the divx codec.

It should work after then. Let me know what you think ;-)

9. shwanzi

May 25, 2002
    Mugwump...

I downloaded the codec and I watched the trailer. It looks pretty cool. I'm going to be filming a fan film myself in October/November. I just received confirmation of my loan to get the film financed. Keep in touch so I can let you know when the trailer will become available.

my email is mightyshwanzi@earthlink.net

I also received what was to be my E.S. Posthumus CD today. The schmucks sent me the new Prince album instead! Man am I pissed!

10. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    Uh... Mugwump has this thing Called PM and also he has to have some threads out there you can talk about this one.

I'm not angry nor resentfull, but if you could just continue this conversation over PM i'd appreciate it ;)

Cya
    Mike

PS: For the record, I'm a big fan of Fall of the Jedi... mugwump can testify to that.

11. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001

Wixmmmm, you are ABSOLUTELY right!! I'm REALLY sorry for getting so Off topic. This thread is about YOUR film, and not mine :)
    So please accept my apology.

Also, real quick question, Whats currently brewing at your production company? After finishing Metal Gear, what do you plan on doing now?

12. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    Actually, I'm not too mad about the OT... it gave a dead thread a healthy bump ;)

Actually, we are finishing filming on my Star Wars film (with an entirely different crew, save me). The star wars one is made with my friends in Wisconsin, although the actor who played Solid Snake has a small role...

20th Century Wix (the tentative name for my production company) is anything I am involved with, but 20th Century Wix in association with ARL Productions is my me and My mexico friends. 20thWix and ARL are already planning our next film... we learned so much about WHAT NOT to do in making this one that we think we can do SOOOO much better. This next one will not be a fanfilm, but an original, but still very sci-fi. So far we have begun the 3d modelling and have a college student who majors in script writing and the like writing our script.... so no more "it would seem so" lines ;)

The dialouge scenes are the main thing we are planning out now, as we realize that was the worst thing by far of this film...

I can't say much about the film really because at this point we dont' know much, other than the basic story... but filming WILL begin late august (as there are people in mexico who leave for college soon after and want to be extras).

Don't worry, we will actually have a teaser for this one (not sure about at trailor) and MY star wars film will be wrapping up around christmas, with an internet release around the same time (we're really buckling down on production of that... we want to get it DONE...(I'm sure you know the feeling, mugwump ;))

ALSO, mugwump, our props are being rounded up... now that we have the TIME to get good ones ;)

Cya
    Mike

13. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    lol. Say no more Wixmmm... I'm still on the 4am every night scheadule. My body is in SO much pain right now becuase I havn't moved from this chair ALL day. I KID YOU NOT!! I've been working on FOTJ NON-STOP since I woke up @ 2pm (kinda late, but oh well...) I've got to figure out a way to avoid this, or I'm going to make my chiropractor more wealthy.

20th century Wix is a great name (like the logo too.) Here's my dilema, I have NO studio name!! I originaly was going to make something with the people I made FOTJ with... Untill they betrayed my trust and lied to my face about important things on numerous occasions... Any ideas for naming a production company? (well.. individual more like it)

lol. Don't get me started about FOTJ's script... lol. I wrote it. What's worse, is that my assistant director ended up changing some of the words when I was able to make it to some of the shoots. So guess what? "It seems so" aint Nuthin' compared to some of the crap that ended up in FOTJ. Lines like "whatever" and "Fat chance" and let's not forget "My men and I will repair your ship, but understand that we can't aid you in battle. It's simply to risky." Ughhh.... that last one's the worse...

I think the next thing I'm doing is a down to earth drama. I dunno though... I'm really lovin' this sci-fi thing. Things are just boring without lasers and explosions.

14. YDB

YDB Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    Awesome fanmovie
    *is die-hard MGS fan*

Almost finished with downloading the high quality one.. see if it's even better then.. ;)

Really liked the special effects like the bluescreen (actually took me while to realise it was bluescreen. but then again, i *am* dense, and it *was* low quality) :p and the bullet-time was done great..

And snake is *not* dead, fools!
    It takes more then 20 shots to stop him :p

15. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey I can't get your download to work, keeps sending me to fileplanet but no sight of your film.....

:s

J

16. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    Wow... how the HELL did you find this ancient thread?

Anyways, once you get to the fileplanet site, scroll down to the PUBLIC SERVERS and then click either one of the download images.

Cya
    Mike

17. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    I searched, lol!

18. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Just watched it. Very entertaining. Congratulations on all the hard work. ;) Thank you for sharing it with us.

Now lets see a Star Wars movie! :D

19. wixmmm

Jun 8, 2001
    As a matter of fact, Premiere is open on my desktop right now editing that one crug ;)

We film some pickup shoots next week... but besides that, it's all done filming.

Cya
    Mike

20. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Lol, I loved the Matrix shot! And when MGR fired off the missiles, I didnt cover up my face in shame about the copyright logos to the bottom left, I acutally laughed! And it was welcome!
    Great job, wix!

Carl

21. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    ?but besides that, it's all done filming.?

And I have been saying this for two months now on my own film. ;)

But it is almost finished. Really! :D

22. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey,

Watched it earlier. Great attempt, there were flaws, but thats normal.

I must say though at times the dialogue and teh delivery lacked, but thats ok :)

Nice use on teh Spider-Man trailer music too ;)

Other than that great work.

For a bit there I thought he was actually driving.

Good job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.