Metro Detroit SW Fan Get Together?

Discussion in 'Detroit, MI' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Hey all!
    I know there are some Metro Detroit SW fans out there....so I was wondering if anyone would be interesting in having a get together? Perhaps at a resturant somewhere centrally located?

I thought it might be nice for folks to meet other fans in the area for general chatting, fun, get-to-know-you, etc., and also we could talk about the upcoming celebration in Indianapolis.

Would anyone be interested? I was honestly thinking of a meeting place somewhere in downtown Detroit, like Greektown (nice public area...no pressure or feelings of weirdness. ;)). But that was just my first thought. Ideas anyone? Discuss!
  2. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm in :) Just tell me when and where, birthday girl!!
  3. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Ok all......royalguard96 and I have been talking, and thought that perhaps Gameworks in Auburn Hills would be a good place for the gathering: they have all sorts of silly stuff to do. Furthermore, we were thinking of doing it the first or second weekend of February.

Thoughts? Discuss? Alternate ideas or dates?

If anyone is interested in participating, please feel free to PM me or royalguard96 for details or just speak up here in the thread. :D
  4. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For those who might not be aware:

Gameworks is in Great Lakes Crossing, the huge mall right off I-75 in Auburn Hills. It has a bar and many video games, but has plenty to do for those under 21 years of age. Pool tables are upstairs, and there's lots to do in the area. Any input will be appreciated

:)
  5. FUNKRHCP Jedi Knight

star 1
  6. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Cool FUNKRHCP....well, that makes three then....we are on our way! :D

So I am thinking the second saturday in February, at the Gameworks....perhaps around 7-8ish pm. Thoughts?
  7. Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Let me know when the final plans are made and I will be happy to post it on the main FanForce page.

:)
  8. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Thank you for your help Bobafemme. :D

Alright guys.....I have posted annoucements that the meeting will be held at the Gameworks in Auburn Hills on February 9, 2002 at 8 pm.

The reason I went ahead and finalized details was that we could not get the word out properly until the details were set, so I just made the decisions based on what royalguard96 and I had discussed. I hope that is alright with everyone. :)
  9. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    *marks calendar*

Sounds good to me JMT. We're open to suggestions, but the important thing is some of us will get to meet and know one another.

Hey JMT, are you online right now??
  10. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    Hey all!
    Our little proposed meeting has now been listed on the fanforce main page! Click here to see our name in lights! :)
  11. Jedi_Kettch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, that sounds like fun. I won't be able to go though because my dad will be out of town and my mom doesn't like driving at night. :( Oh well, have fun!
  12. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    Put the details in my planner! I will be there!

I have an idea for the agenda, if I may. I'd love to see us come up with a really clever name for our budding group. Have you ever seen the Indiana chapter's name? "Indy Knights-Hoosier Daddy, Luke?" Too cool. If anyone else is interested in that, maybe we could start formulating some ideas on the BBoard and vote at the meeting??

I'm so glad someone thought of doing this. I've already bought my ticket and booked my hotel for Celebration, but I'm going solo (no pun intended), so I'll be glad to meet all of you before the big event.

Looking forward to it!
    Regards,
    M.
  13. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi Mirax :)

Yep I've already got my room and ticket for the Celebration also. Can't wait for it!!

I live in Clarkston, quite close to Great Lakes Crossing, so anyone in need of directions can PM me. I'd be more than happy to help!
  14. Idgie Jedi Master

star 4
    I live in Lansing,but I'm not a member of FanForce or anything,can I still come?
  15. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Idgie:

Well since there is no Detroit FanForce (that I know of) that shouldn't be a problem! If you need directions, just PM me. It will take you about 90 minutes to get to Great Lakes Crossing from the Lansing area. We'd be glad to have ya!
  16. Idgie Jedi Master

star 4
    Great!I'll be in touch.
  17. jedi-mind-trick VIP

star 5
    MiraxTHorn,
    If we are actually going to get together and form a fan force group, I defiantly think we should pick a name.

Tell you what...let's all discuss it when we get together: we can throw some ideas around and see what we come up with. That will be our first order of "official buisness". :D
  18. Idgie Jedi Master

star 4
    Do we need to bring anything to the meeting,like food or snacks?I was just wondering...
  19. SwordChick Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is wonderful - I've been wanting to meet other local fans for the longest time (but I can never seem to find any off-line)! Game Works is one of my favorite places too, it has some really good Star Wars games there (podracing & one that takes you through the trilogy). I'm looking forward to seeing all of you there. Now if I can just get the car from my mom...
  20. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Friends:

JMT and I talked today, and hopefully this will provide ya with a lil more info:

We'll meet at Gameworks at 8:00 in the restaurant portion of the place. That is to the left of the front entrance. You can see tables from outside of the entrance to the left. Gameworks is a bar/arcade/restaurant all wrapped into one. It's all under one roof and those under 21 can mingle among the bar patrons. It's all pretty open. Anyway, JMT and I will reserve a few tables in the restaurant area. We may stick a helium balloon on the back of a chair so you all know where to go. We can order munchies, drinks, etc as we all get to know each other, then we can spread out and enjoy the place. No need to bring your own snacks. We can just order up whatever they've got. I will call ahead and make sure we have reservations for a couple tables, since the place will be busy at 8:00 on a Saturday night. JMT and I are still working out details, but we welcome any suggestions from you guys! Thanks, and peace! :)
  21. MiraxTHorn Force Ghost

star 4
    j-m-t - Sounds like a plan. I'm really thrilled that you all came up with the idea for a meeting. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
    Regards,
    M.
  22. FearAndBullets Jedi Knight

star 1
    You can definetly count me in...I live just 15 minutes N of Great Lakes....Just let me know when.
  23. nerd386 Jedi Padawan

i would like to come but i live in novi. near livonia. can anyone here send ma an email? my eamil is (without the spaces. a k o z a r @ t w m i . r r . c o m sorry but it wont show up if i dont put spaces. maybe someone can give me a ride
  24. StealthTrooperSTC019 Jedi Knight

This sounds like a good idea, I am only 1/2 away from GLC. Does anyone have an "official" count as to who has costumes and what they are??
  25. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    StealthTrooper:

I don't think we're looking to wear costumes to this get together, but I do think some people are going to discuss how to make costumes to wear at the Indianapolis Celebration in May.

We're also going to be looking into forming a Detroit Area FanForce chapter. jmt knows a lot of the rules and regulations regarding one, and we may even talk about electing a city rep and name for the FF chapter.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.