main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Metro Detroit SW Fan Get Together?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedi-mind-trick, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Personally I don't really want to wear a costume to this. Don't get me wrong - I usually look for any excuse to throw on one of my costumes, but my Aurra Sing body paint is a bit too messy for gameworks I think.

2. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I'm dressing pretty casual to this thing, SC. Jeans, sweatshirt, baseball hat....u know the drill! I'd like to keep this as loose and informal as possible.

3. StealthTrooperSTC019

StealthTrooperSTC019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Oh, I didn't mean wear the costumes to GW, I meant I'd really like to know who has what, maybe I'll start a new thread...... :)

4. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I don't do the costume thing.Just never felt the need,I guess.

5. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    Maybe I'll come... Great Lakes Crossing is kinda far away, though.

So we'll see. ;) I've never been there anyway.

6. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Costume? Nah...not for me.

Personally, I think I would look pretty stupid dressed as an Ewok. ;)

7. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Just realized this thing is on a Saturday, but the 9th and 10th isn't my weekend off, not off until the following weekend. Even though, I don't even know if I could stake claim to membership of a group in Detroit, since I'm 90 miles away, not exactly a resident of those parts, heh. :) Anyhow, have fun you guys..hope you all have a good time :)

8. Bada-Qlumb

Bada-Qlumb Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2001
    HEY new to this thread.. but old to the JCC..was wondering if i could come...I'm 31 M from Pontiac :)

9. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    Come on out!The more the merrier!:)

10. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Yeah! Sorry you can't make it Iwakura, it's nice to se another Aurra fan out there.

11. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    I just found out that my pagan group is having the Candlemas celebration that night... Already promised to go to that. :(

Oh well. I'm sure if this goes well there'll be a second meeting. :)

12. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Update time:

I went to Gameworks today and learned a few things you all should know:

No reservations are accepted for the restaurant area.

Restaurant part is open until 11, but I assume the bar and arcade areas are open later than that on Saturday nights.

We can reserve space in the restaurant under a party package they offer. One includes the following: $24.95 gets you 3 slices of pizza, a beverage, a tossed salad, and a one-hour game card. That is only for parties of 10 or more.

Here are my thoughts: I am leaning away from the party package, since the cost might be kinda steep for some of us, especially the younger crowd. I thought having the freedom for people to choose what they want to do might be better (just my opinion). If people want to play games, they can purchase a game card of almost any value. They wouldn't pay for something they won't use. Plus we'd have the freedom to get whatever food we want, but to be honest, the food off the menu is below average. And of course there's the bar :)

What thoughts do you guys have? Would you be interested in getting that party pack? Again, we'd need a minimum of 10 attendees for that. The best way we can reserve enough space for seating in the restaurant is for a couple of us to get there early and save whatever space the servers can manage for us. JMT and I will prolly get ther early and take care of that. Hope this info is useful, and feel free to discuss what wishes you guys have for this. I don't want to decide anything for anyone without input. Thanks and be good ;)

13. StealthTrooperSTC019

StealthTrooperSTC019 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    I used to go there every payday Friday w/ some people from work. There was usually 12-17 of us. There is enough room for us, especially if we get there B4 8pm....

14. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm not teally interested in the party package,either.I'd probably never even use the game card.I like the idea of everyone just being able to order/do what they want,it sounds like it would be more convenient for everybody.

Also,if you guys need someone else to get there earlier than 8,I can do that.My e-mail address is in my profile,just let me know.

15. Idgie

Mar 17, 2001
  16. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Where is everyone?? Our poor little forum gets so little traffic.

Anyway, I'd be glad to show up early to help save seats. What time, do you think? And, I'm out on the party package, as well.

Regards,
    M.

17. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    OK folks, we're about a week away from our little get together at Gameworks. What would be nice to know is if we had a roll call of people who plan on attending. Here's a list taken from this forum so far:

jedi-mind-trick
    royalguard96
    FUNKRHCP
    MiraxTHorn
    Idgie
    SwordChick
    FearandBullets
    StealthTrooperSTC019
    Bada-Qlumb

If there are any additions or subtractions from this list, let us know. Anyone from the area is welcome. Again, it's at 8 p.m. Sat. Feb. 9 at Gameworks in the Great Lakes Crossing Mall in Auburn Hills, right off I-75 and Baldwin Road. Anyone who needs directions, may PM me. Hope to see you all there!

18. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Man, my February weekends are booked.:(
    This would have been a great way to meet other Star Wars nuts from our little corner of the galaxy. I'll keep a lookout for any future get-togethers at Gameworks (or similarly close places)! You guys have a blast!

19. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, today's the day. Can't wait to see you guys tonight! :)

20. royalguard96

Aug 13, 2001
    Same here, sword! :)

I will be getting there at 7:30 to make sure we have table space reserved. If anyone's looking for me, I'll be wearing a green sweatshirt and black jeans.

Hope to see everyone there!

21. Jedi_Kettch

Jedi_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    Have fun! I almost got to come because my dad cancelled his trip, but then I got sick. The same thing happened when we were supposed to go to a U2 concert in Chicago. I have the worst luck. Will someone please post as soon as possible with what you all talked about? Also, if anyone happens to take a pic with a digital camera a post or e-mail would be nice for those of us who couldn't make it ;)

22. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    There should be a group for people in mid-northern Michigan. I dont' feel like driving down to Detroit. :p

23. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Man, I knew I should check in here more often! I'm in Clarkston (29F)...and I could've made it to Gameworks with no problem.

Could someone e-mail me (the_huntress_diana@yahoo.com) when things start to pick up again? I'd really appreciate it. :)

-Bianca

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.