main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes [GCN]

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by obi_wan_kanathan, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    Eh, it's more sport bra top and short shorts, not a bikini.

But the face and hair, yeah I think it looks more realistic in Metroid Prime. That and the fact the face behind the visor for all close ups is the original MP model.

The "anime" look of Samus at the end of MP2 is a tribute to her character model in Zero Mission. I guess they are trying to standardize Samus' look more.

2. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    That's not really an anime look if you ask me, more of a western look. I know they want to standardize Samus look but really anything except the Zero Mission look :(

Oh yeah Sports bra, bikini all the same bunch if you ask me :p

3. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    [Laughs]

Well, I guess only one way to say this, and it does "bash" Nintendo in the now-classic argument, but oh well.

Remember Nintendo's standards; they don't put gratuitously sexy characters in their games. So Samus, being a Nintendo Character, will never look like the females on other systems, for example Rikku from FF-10 or any of the DOA girls.

Granted we all want her to be, but take what you can get. She does have a rather good figure, you just can't see skin. It's like 7of9 on Star Trek: Voyager. It can be sexier because we have to imagine what's underneath.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I bought it when it first came out, but I got lost while searching for the Sky Temple keys, so I put it on hold for a while. Last week, I started it up again from the beginning, this time going for a 100% scanning run. I dunno about 100% items yet, though. I'll take them as I find them.

Right now, I just got the Power Bombs, so I'm going around to various places I saw previously and breaking the Denzium walls. Eventually I'll head back to the Sanctuary Fortress, but I'm in no hurry.

I've only died twice on this second run-through. Once on Alpha Blogg, and once on the Boost Guardian.

5. gregmania1

gregmania1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2005
    Nitendo should make a code where u can play w/ samus w/out her suit the whole game in MP2

6. gregmania1

Mar 6, 2005
    you'll see it

7. SkyeLightrider

Jan 12, 2003
    codes have to be programmed into games before they are released. They aren't made after the fact.

At this point, with no word from Nintendo nor anyone finding a legitimate way to access such a code to create such an effect, I doubt it exists.

8. Billy_Shears

Billy_Shears Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2002
    I have ONE Luminoth log entry to find (have everything else including missle, bomb, and energy expansions) and I have no idea where it is. Not asking for help, I will find it, just wanted to relay my near suicidal frustrations.

9. gregmania1

Mar 6, 2005
    try under the first portal, or where the the elevator to agon is, that is the most toughest place for anyone to find a log, but the most HIDDEN place for a log is when u talk to a Luminoth in agon, there is a secret passage there.

10. Billy_Shears

Feb 9, 2002
    Argh. You read me like a book. Found it at the place where you talk to the Luminoth at Agon. I'm so disappointed in myself. :(

So I beat the game, get 100% scans, 250 missles, all energy tanks, 10 power bombs.....and 99% completion. wth?

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Billy_Shears posted on 3/20/05 6:58pm
    Argh. You read me like a book. Found it at the place where you talk to the Luminoth at Agon. I'm so disappointed in myself. [face_sad]

So I beat the game, get 100% scans, 250 missles, all energy tanks, 10 power bombs.....and 99% completion. wth?
    [hr][/blockquote]

Did you get all the beam ammo expansions?

12. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    There are 255 missiles in the game. That could be what you're missing. The extra 5 come from the seeker launcher.

13. Billy_Shears

Feb 9, 2002
    255 missles? How devious of them....sigh....back to the drawing board. :mad:

14. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Hehe, this was kinda funny.

15. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    BTW I'm currently borrowing MP2 & MP seemed better in a way ("My opinion) because all of the original beams & suits were there (Though, Samus has never looked hotter!).

16. PeGe

PeGe Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    "Metroid Prime. NO LOADING TIMES WHATSOEVER."

infact, there is loading times in metroid prime 1/2. You might have not notised them because Nintendo hid them in those elevator "scenes".
    I have cube and love both primes, but thats the trught... :)

BTW, I registered only bacause of this topic :D

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There's very minor loading times when you open a door. Occasionally when you shoot a door, the inner part of the door doesn't open for a few seconds. During those seconds, the next room is loading.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  19. JediStarKiller2

JediStarKiller2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2006
    So it does exist.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Starting the game today- and right off the bat I'm definitely noticing the graphical upgrade made. Samus's suit in particular no longer has that surrealistic shinyness to it (though I didn't quite catch if it only went away after her initial encounter with the Dark World) and now has a level of grit and weight to it. The environments so far have been pretty spectacular- far, far creepier than the worlds of Tallon IV, with the spiderwebs all over, and those GF Marine Trooper bodies being strung up for carrion feeders and such. Really atmospheric stuff.

I dig the scan visor enhancements- makes it alot easier to catch the stuff that needs scanning, though I'm not as crazy about the 3D spherical menu options- it's a little awkward and not as well organized as the menu for Prime 1, as fancy as it looks. Plus is it me or is there no "quit game" option?

21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    If you select the quit game option Samus turns to the screen and mentions something about you not being able to go the distance with a girl.

22. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    You're joking right?

23. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    I went all the way with Samus once...man did it ever hurt. She wore that damn suit the whole time.

*waits for obligatory innuendo/Samus cartoon strip to be posted*

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.