main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL Metropolis Comic con

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by rodan70, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I wanna give a big Thank you to everyone who came out to the Metropolis comic con this weekend. It was great fun. Mr. Bullock was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Thank you all for coming out.

2. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Yup - that was a terrific blast!

Tim extends his thanks to our group for helping out in our small way to help put this event together, and wants to especially thank those of us in costume for sticking out the high heat in the theater to make so many kids and adults smile. I'm impressed so many came from as far away as Michigan and New York to attend the event.

Without help from the local fanforces - Tim says this kind of event would never have happened. So a giant thank you to each of you for doing your part at the event. (Even though the costume contest finals was a huge bummer - Jeremy Bulloch said he tried to persuade the other Guest Stars how much work went into such costumes as the HALO Commander - but alas, not everyone is aware of the amount of work that goes into costuming)

Plans are underway to do another event like this again later this year and/or again next year and Tim will get us involved earlier, so that we can coordinate with other Fanforces and really put the fun and sizzle into the event to pull more folks from a larger area on down to attend. At dinner last night with the Bullochs, Tim said that he was booking the larger venue at Harrahs, and getting several comic book artists to come out for signings of art and to do seminars. He is asking us to begin thinking about "events" we might plan in an adjacent room next to the Dealer tables, and I've already given several of our suggestions to them for consideration. Mr. Bulloch had some advice about setting up a Q&A Session with the Actors and Stars so attendees could ask questions and the entire audience could hear the answers. Jeremy stated that during the "Men Behind The Masks" Tour this was a highlight of the those events, and Tim definitely will be including that idea in the next go-round.

Many of us had provided some great suggestions about how to make the event more fun, and to spread some of the events across the two days so that attendees will make sure to come BOTH days. The PIMPS had some great some great raffles on Saturday - and if each Fanforce had a similar type of raffle - we could spread out those raffles for both days. Making an announcement about those raffles would probably have helped bring more folks to the fanforce tables, allowing us to chat with and talk about our clubs to more people who may have passed up the table because we weren't selling anything. Tim thought that we could have plugged our fanforces a bit more - taking time to explain what we are and the things we do up on stage. I think it would be an interesting idea to have a session where we could have all the fanforces come up and talk about the what they do in their local area, showcase their costumed members and how we can work together to bring the love of Star Wars to the folks in their areas. I think it was terrific that the Nashville and Evansville Garrisons came out in the snow to attend - and to have an opportunity to talk about their groups and show off their hard costumed work would be a great way to say thanks for coming all the way out to podunk Padukie and Metropolis.

I would also like to encourage each of you to e-mail the Editor of the Metropilis Planet and thank the City for putting on that event - without approval of the City - such an event would never have happened, so we need to show our thanks. You can e-mail at: clyde@metropolisplanet.com

Again -- thanks so much - it was a little taste of Celebration right in our own backyard!!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/SIJOandJeremyBulloch.jpg]

3. Dragonheart65

Dragonheart65 Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who made The Metropolis Show a great memory for myself as well as my family. We were fortunate enough to meet the actors at the media meet & greet Friday evening and they were the most gracious and friendly people I've ever met. My kids certainly won't forget this and neither will I. Although the weather didn't cooperate I thought the turnout was terrific. My kids enjoyed everyone in costume and I was able to find some much sought after action figures. I enjoyed talking with other fans out there as they seem to be hard to find in this area of Illinois. But it's nice to know you're out there and I look forward to attending meetings and events. Again, my family and I thoroughly enjoyed the Metropolis Show and I thank each and every one of you that put in so much effort to make it so enjoyable for myself and my children.

Carol S.
    www.myspace.com/dragonheart65

4. LordTreyger

LordTreyger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Hey Rodan from the way it sounds you are doing something right in getting the Southern Illinois FF off the ground, keep it up! It was good to see LordInvar and Rodan again this past weekend. Keep me posted on the goings on here in Illini country.

5. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Dragonheart65 - WELCOME to the Fanforce!

We're glad that you and yours had the opportunity to enjoy yourselves with the rest of us fans - and yes, the Bullochs were extremely gracious and kind. As unfortunate as it seems to be waay out here in the Hinterlands of relative nowhere, and not have the opportunites the big cities have for cons, the fact we were able to have one of the icons of the Star Wars universe here with us in what constitutes an intimate setting - is something no fan in a big city is ever going to have the chance to experience like all of us did.

I mean, how many fans can say they had a smal private dinner or birthday party with Jeremy Bulloch aka: Boba Fett??

Well, WE CAN! Of course the Fanforces do their part and like our big city cousins - a lot of work and effort goes into such events. We hope you will join us for the many other activites and charity events we are planning for this year. For 30 years since I saw the first movie - Star Wars is as strong an exciting as ever! We're looking to have a lot of fun with the group this year.

LordTreyger - it was excellent to have such a warm greeting from you over the weekend. Yes, Rodan has done an amazing amount of work in such a short period of time to get a fanforce off the ground up in SO. IL. They are a very young and vibrant group with a tremendous amount of enthusiasm that is contagious. Everyone was delighted to see you and they hope you can make it out to some of the events they are planning for the year. Thusfar it looks like this group is going to be a huge amount of fun without the pressures and politics that sometimes comes with organized clubs. It's got to be fun - and if it is - it must be Star Wars!

6. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm so happy that everyone had a great time. I FINALLY have all of the Darth Maul makeup washed off.

7. LordINVAR

Mar 13, 2002
    Some more Pics of last weekend:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/Yuri-Maul.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/SIJO--Jeremy-Bulloch.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/Imperials.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/INVAR/Chewie-Wip-Rienne-Trey-.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.