main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MF.Com EPISODE III TRAILER REPORT

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Motee, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I like how ObiWan looks away from Anakin when he's informed that he won't be granted the rank of master. I want to see if the look on is face is like "I can't because I can't stand to see my old padawan disappointed" or "Holy $#!* he's gonna be pissed. I can't watch."

I think more of the former.
    Like Obi doesn't really approve of Ani being used in this way, and a little dash of embarrassment at Ani's predictable reaction... but ultimately Obi feels for Ani in this situation, I think.

2. WideAwake

WideAwake Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2003
    That's what I'm hoping for too, GIG. I think it's going to be like Obi knows the council is making the right choice by not making Anakin a master yet, but feels bad cause he knows how important it was to him.

3. Dark-Sith_ofthe_Moon

Dark-Sith_ofthe_Moon Jedi Master star 3

Oct 18, 2004
    I think it's going to be like Obi knows the council is making the right choice by not making Anakin a master yet, but feels bad cause he knows how important it was to him.

I was thinking the same thing....This trailer is gonna rock.

4. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    great description motee. i can visualize with your words. sinister. i love anakin, i think i understand vader but palatine is the nastiest villian ever.

and mace is not a jerk - he doesn't trust "him" - i'd say he has some sort of insight there.

5. SITHORJEDI696

SITHORJEDI696 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2004
    Palpatine in his office. (concerned)

What do u think he could be concerned about?

Could it b e right before Mace and the posse show up.

6. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    I find it disturbing that he is on the Jedi Council, I always thought it was only for the most wisest well spoken Jedi Masters and occasionally acceptional knights. Anakin is head strong and very impractical and the Council practically knew he was destined to fall to the Dark side at any moment in his life. I honsetly can't find any reason why he would be on the council, it just seems awkward. I can't actually imagine Anakin sitting down and discussing some crisis.

7. sithscotti

sithscotti Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2005
    It shows further how coirrupt and flawed the councuil is. He is on because Palps wants him to be. The Jedi are like the cia. They need a complete overhaul.

8. Carnotaur3

Carnotaur3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 2004
    Soooo... when exactly are we gonna read the other part? Because that first part I can't really imagine how it fits with the trailer, but I guess that's a cool thing to look forward to :)

9. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Is there a pay increase involved in being a Master ? What exactly are the perks ? Or does it mean you can take a padawan ? Obi Wan took Anakin as a padawan right after becoming a Knight, so that cant be it.

10. Sith_Dreamer

Sith_Dreamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Sweet description. Thanks as always Motee.

11. SweiitConcorkill

SweiitConcorkill Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2004
    not to be ungrateful to motee and gang but didnt they used to trash other sites for posting similar kinds of spoiler reports that dangled things for the fans?

40 seconds of the trailer. wow. wake me up in 13 days.

12. Flaar_Fyre

Flaar_Fyre Jedi Master star 2

Aug 4, 2004
    I almost forgot to ask, but I'm guessing the trailer being shown on March 4th during the O.C has been proven false correct?

13. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    SweiitConcorkill posted on 2/22/05 8:07pm
    not to be ungrateful to motee and gang but didnt they used to trash other sites for posting similar kinds of spoiler reports that dangled things for the fans?

40 seconds of the trailer. wow. wake me up in 13 days.

[hr][/blockquote]

Perhaps Motee's source didn't provide him with more than the first minute? He doesn't get everything he posts at once.

14. SweiitConcorkill

SweiitConcorkill Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 28, 2004
    im not trying to bag on them but i remember when they were mocking this site and a couple of others for doing what they do now. slowly leaking pics and reports. that is all they do know. even making up reports based on some good info.

it is pathetic when you become what you used to crap on.

15. ANAK1N

ANAK1N Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2005
    Anakin should be a master on his skill alone, in addition to his power. Look at all he accomplishes in the beggining of ROTS.

-Saves Obi-Wans ship
    -Saves Obi-Wans life twice on the Federation Ship
    -Defeats Dooku (Not an easy task)
    -Saves the Chancellor
    -Saves both the Chancellor and Obi-Wan at the same time (webdoc shows Anakin holding onto both of them not letting them fall)
    -Crash lands the ship safely on Coruscant

And the Jedi Council doesnt recognize these feats at all.

If I was Anakin i'd flip out to.

16. Darth_Stewie24

Darth_Stewie24 Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    Anakin wasnt even appointed to the council by the Jedi, Palpatine appointed him. This trailer will show us how deep the divide has gotten between Anakin and the Jedi, perhaps building to a creshendo when he is denied the title of Master. Palpatine is going to play on Anakin's growing distrust and disappointment in the Council by showing him the power of the Dark Side. In this way, the seduction of Anakin to the DS will, I think, play out very realistically in the movie. Great stuff!

17. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    I know he wasnt appointed.

But I think Lucas is going to get the audience to feel bad for Anakin because he didnt get the recognition he deserved.

18. Doctor_SuperJedi

Doctor_SuperJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    -Saves Obi-Wans ship
    -Saves Obi-Wans life twice on the Federation Ship
    -Defeats Dooku (Not an easy task)
    -Saves the Chancellor
    -Saves both the Chancellor and Obi-Wan at the same time (webdoc shows Anakin holding onto both of them not letting them fall)
    -Crash lands the ship safely on Coruscant

War's do not make one great.

There's a reason people like Mace are masters and Anakin is not.

Mace may be arrogant, but he's arrogant in all the areas that are, for a Jedi Master, not too critical. For instance, he is shocked someone would accuse one of their own as a murderer like Dooku... but of course he soon finds out. He's arrogant that he thinks good will prevail... but he's not an idiot.

Mace isn't overly eager, overly arrogant, or overly brash. Anakin Skywalker is...

Anakin Skywalker can do one thing good, and one thing only. He's a thug. People call Mace a thug because... well I think because their culture has blinded them. But in actuality, Anakin Skywalker proves throughout the war that he's really good at slaying people with his powers.

When it comes to quieting his mind and doing his duty to the Republic and protecting the peace... like Mace Windu... he sucks. He sucks hard.

By your logic, ANAK1N, soldiers should rule the world because they're strong. As Padme might say, "Sounds like a dictatorship."

:)

19. Darth_Stewie24

Darth_Stewie24 Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    I agree, ANAK1N, we will feel sorry for Anakin/Vader, and one of the things im most interested in seeing is whether or not GL can make the audience feel sorry for him while still seeing him as the bad guy by the end of the movie. There's definitely a way to do it, but so far I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lucas actually CAN do it.

20. Darkfalz

Darkfalz Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2003
    I'm sure someone's already posted this, but anyway...

Mace: "We do not grant you the position of master"

Anakin: "WHAT?!"

Mace, turning furious: "What aint no country I ever heard of, they speak English in what?!"

Anakin: "What?"

Mace: "Say what again, I dare you, I double dare you
    MF, say what one more god damn time!"

Duel ensues...

21. mezzmor

mezzmor Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2004
    Dude, that is so 8 pages ago.

22. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    SweiitConcorkill posted on 2/22/05 8:18pm
    im not trying to bag on them but i remember when they were mocking this site and a couple of others for doing what they do now. slowly leaking pics and reports. that is all they do know. even making up reports based on some good info.

it is pathetic when you become what you used to crap on.
    [hr][/blockquote]

I think you may be projecting someone else's actions onto Motee. I've "e-known" him for years, and as far as I know he never berated TF.N or any insider for slowly leaking spoilers. That's part ofthe fun. It would suck if we had everything 6 months before the movie came out. There are other users at MF.com that definitely don't like the drip of spoilers. You might be thinking of them.

23. The_General_Grievous

The_General_Grievous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2005
    i know grievous gaurds are in the trailer but is grievous?

24. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    I agree, ANAK1N, we will feel sorry for Anakin/Vader, and one of the things im most interested in seeing is whether or not GL can make the audience feel sorry for him while still seeing him as the bad guy by the end of the movie. There's definitely a way to do it, but so far I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lucas actually CAN do it.

I think at the end of the movie we will totally feel for Anakin.

His feats aren't recognized by the Jedi or his skill.

He is reprimanded for killing a Sith lord. Even Obi-Wan killed a Sith lord, yet he was knighted for it...Not Anakin though.

He becomes a Hero of the people so he grows more loyal to the politics/palpatine, etc.

He forsees Padmes death and wants to stop it.

He feels trys to turn in Palps/Sidious and do the right thing, but he needs him alive to save Padme, etc.

All of the things lead to his fall and they are all human things. Things we will see Anakin go through and we will feel for him. We will ask questions like what would I do in that situation. Would I save my loved ones, would I kill Dooku. Would I flip out if my wife betrayed me?

From the story we have and from the story we know so far there is no doubt im my mind that GL is going to come through on this one.

25. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    By your logic, ANAK1N, soldiers should rule the world because they're strong. As Padme might say, "Sounds like a dictatorship."

Never said that. Dont know where you got that Idea from. The point I was trying to make is that the Jedi alienate Anakin because they dont recognize any of his accomplishments and they reprimand him for being a hero. And he should be a Master in my opinion. I mean how do we know that Anakin wont be a seasoned well trained Jedi in ROTS, capable of becoming a Master? I think it takes someone very capable and talented in order to do the things Anakin does in ROTS. Shoot, how many times does he save MASTER obi-wans skin in the beginning of the film?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.