main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MF.Com EPISODE III TRAILER REPORT

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Motee, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    ANAK1N posted on 2/22/05 9:59pm
    [b]By your logic, ANAK1N, soldiers should rule the world because they're strong. As Padme might say, "Sounds like a dictatorship." [/b]

Never said that. Dont know where you got that Idea from. The point I was trying to make is that the Jedi alienate Anakin because they dont recognize any of his accomplishments and they reprimand him for being a hero. And he should be a Master in my opinion. I mean how do we know that Anakin wont be a seasoned well trained Jedi in ROTS, capable of becoming a Master? I think it takes someone very capable and talented in order to do the things Anakin does in ROTS. Shoot, how many times does he save MASTER obi-wans skin in the beginning of the film?

[hr][/blockquote]

Anakin was supposed to bring Dooku back alive for questioning and killed him instead. If he can't follow orders he shouldn't be rewarded.

2. ANAK1N

ANAK1N Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2005
    How could he have taken Dooku alive. He could barley get Palpatine and Obi-Wan out of the ship alive, let alone to have Dooku tag along. It had to be done.

Was Anakin supposed to carry Dooku and OB1 on his back?

Or how could Dooku escape with no opposable thumbs?

3. Arliss

Arliss Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Anakin gets treated like Barry Bonds.

4. Arliss

Feb 7, 2005
    Yeah, but there is a difference between not taking someone back alive and decapitating a helpless, handless person begging for their life.

5. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    A helpless person? Dooku is a Sith Lord for crying out loud. If the Jedi would open thier minds and eyes they wouldnt need Dooku to find out who Sidious is. Hes right in front of them.

6. Arliss

Feb 7, 2005
    so Anakin stoops to their level:)

7. jakbar316

jakbar316 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    I agree, I totally would have killed Dooku if I were in Anakin's position.
    Mace: What? How could you kill him? We needed important questions answered!
    Anakin: But master, smoke came out of his neck. It looked really cool.... Can I get that Jedi Master degree now ?

8. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    Dooku wouldnt have made it out of the ship alive either way. F the Jedi for being so dissmissive.

9. EwokThatCried

EwokThatCried Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2003
    Can't you just imagine Dooku trying to steer an escape pod with his toes?

10. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    LMAO

Dooku was a goner.

11. Doctor_SuperJedi

Doctor_SuperJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    Never said that. Dont know where you got that Idea from. The point I was trying to make is that the Jedi alienate Anakin because they dont recognize any of his accomplishments and they reprimand him for being a hero. And he should be a Master in my opinion. I mean how do we know that Anakin wont be a seasoned well trained Jedi in ROTS, capable of becoming a Master? I think it takes someone very capable and talented in order to do the things Anakin does in ROTS. Shoot, how many times does he save MASTER obi-wans skin in the beginning of the film?

Okay, I took a cheap shot with that one. How about this?

If the Jedi hierarchy were based ENTIRELY on fighting ability, then you are correct. The Jedi have blundered.

But... the Jedi are NOT based entirely on fighting capability. Yes, they are a martial order, so Anakin's skill is definitely a part of that. And you're right that by his skills alone, he is qualified to be ranked next to a Jedi Master.

However...

The Jedi Order also gives the rank of Master to people who are not only experts in their field of the Force, but are also experts on the Jedi behavior, the Jedi Code, the Jedi Lifestyle. Anakin does not exhibit these parts at all. When he kills Dooku, it is not out of a moment of "must kill him." This isn't like Jango and Mace in the middle of a battlefield with lasers flying everywhere.

Anakin has just cauterized and burned Count Dooku's hands off, and Palpatine just openly betrayed the Sith Lord. Obi Wan is not dead. Two Jedi could have easily taken a "handless" Dooku, and the Chosen One was powerful enough to stop any of Dooku's meek attempts.

Now, do they expect or suspect General Grievous to come after them? No. And one could argue that GG would get in their way if they lugged Dooku around. However... Anakin doesn't even make the attempt. He had one the fight and he finished it, unnecessarily.

That's the Jedi Code. Whether that's true of REAL LIFE... hey, that's up to our own thoughts. But the Jedi Code dictated that Anakin not do it.

Anakin isn' a Master for several reason:

1.) He'd be a lousy teacher (ego)
    2.) He doesn't align with the Jedi Code (anarchy)
    3.) If the Jedi Council were playing Dark Side musical chairs... Anakin would be the most likely to lose every time. And they know it.

He's a swordmaster to be sure... and he's overqualified for Sith Master. But Jedi Master... no. He's definitely just a Knight.

12. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    Doctor Super Jedi

I agree with some of your points, but tell me this...

How could Anakin get Dooku, Palpatine, and Obi-Wan out alive by himself?

You know the part in the webdoc where Anakin, Palpatine and OB1 are hangin from a pipe. Dooku doesnt have any hands to hang with. He had to go. See my point.

13. Donnie_Domino

Donnie_Domino Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 22, 2005
    Anakin has just cauterized and burned Count Dooku's hands off, and Palpatine just openly betrayed the Sith Lord. Obi Wan is not dead. Two Jedi could have easily taken a "handless" Dooku, and the Chosen One was powerful enough to stop any of Dooku's meek attempts.

But it would have been completely IMPOSSIBLE to take Dooku prisoner...

...the handcuffs would have just slid off of his wrists.

14. overmydeadbody

overmydeadbody Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 19, 2004
    I have a feeling that much of the Anakin/Obi/Palps escaping action will be cut.

15. Arliss

Feb 7, 2005
    Think of it this way; should Randy Moss be a captain on the Minnesota Vikings just because he is the most talented player? You want leaders to lead, not just talent.

So what Anakin didn't get recognized. Hell, people don't acknowledge how brilliant I am! I bet you most people in this world feel they don't get enough credit. Asi Es La Vida.

16. Arliss

Feb 7, 2005
    Again, big difference between letting someone die and executing them.

17. Doctor_SuperJedi

Doctor_SuperJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    I see your point there and I agree. Given what we know about the film's progression, there's no way Dooku was coming out of that one alive.

However, from the "Jedi" spiritual point of view... Anakin doesn't make his decision to kill Dooku based on that fact.

That's my point. Anakin doesn't kill Dooku like Mace killed Jango. Mace knew, for a fact, two things:

1.) Battledroids don't care about Jango, and will keep shooting at both Mace and Jango, so he can't keep his guard on him to take him prisoner.

2.) Jango only lost one hand, and if left alone may attempt to still kill Jedi on the battlefield. He'd also likely just walk off the battlefield (since Mace can't possibly detain him) and get new hands and kill again. Jango is dangerous.

Anakin does not have these things. He has finished the fight. Dooku's powers aren't going to work on him, and his fighting spirit is gone. Yes, we know that Dooku will die anyway, but Anakin kills Dooku out of revenge... not need.

Hence why it is wrong (according to the Jedi Code).

18. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    Think of it this way; should Randy Moss be a captain on the Minnesota Vikings just because he is the most talented player? You want leaders to lead, not just talent.

So what Anakin didn't get recognized. Hell, people don't acknowledge how brilliant I am! I bet you most people in this world feel they don't get enough credit. Asi Es La Vida.

How do we know Anakin couldnt be a good leader. He was never really given the chance. Although I think he could have been since he LEAD the republic to victory by saving the Chancellor and saving the day. Not to mention he pretty much does every heroic thing aboard the Federation Ship.

Again, big difference between letting someone die and executing them.

But the Jedi would still have been mad. Mace "Why didnt you carry him" "Well Master Windu I was carrying Obi-Wan" "What was wrong with Obi-Wan" "Dooku knocked him out" "Damnit Anakin you shouldn't have let him dieeeeeee"

19. Darth_Stewie24

Darth_Stewie24 Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    Has it been confirmed that Anakin's instructions were to bring Dooku back alive? It seems like all I've heard is that he feels remorse after killing Dooku, which doesn't imply that he was instructed to not kill him.

20. Arliss

Feb 7, 2005
    Qui-Gon Jin never made it to the council. You didn't see him ever throw a tantrum. He did what he felt was right even if it meant defying the council. Yeah, it meant he wasnt on the council, but he understand that was the consequence of his actions and he took it like a man. Anakin's whole problem is he has victim's mentallity. He always thinks its someone elses fault for everything, he cant accept responsibility like a damn man. Probably why Mace continues to call him a boy, even though he is 23..

21. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    How would you feel if you were deemed the Chosen One when you were seven years old, prophicized to save the Galaxy, had the highest force potential ever, and your family didnt recognize your skills?

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

22. Arliss

Feb 7, 2005
    Man, that arguement is lame. I trained in the management program at my job for a year and a half while watching people I was better than get promoted over me. Yeah it pissed me off, but I didn't go and rob the place. Just because you feel you've been wronged it doesn't give you the right to do more wrong.

23. ANAK1N

Jan 17, 2005
    Im not saying it should give you the right to do more wrong, but it might piss you off and make you feel alienated.

24. Arliss

Feb 7, 2005
    Potential means nothing. Michael Vick is the most talented player to ever play in the NFL, he is the most promoted player in the league, a #1 overall pick.

Tom Brady, slow, weak-arm, sixth-round draft pick. Also the best quarterback in the league, and has won 3 superbowls. Why? Because he is a leader. He wins not because of his talent but because of his leadership, his ability to remain calm under pressure, because of his intelligence.

Like Yogi Berra said, half of this game is 90% mental.

(sorry for the sports analogies but I feel they correllate very well in terms of talking about talent versus how good overall someone is in something. Intangibles)

25. Arliss

Feb 7, 2005
    Look at Grievous, how many jedi does he take out(reportedly). Would you have him be a jedi master in the order. Force ability doesn't precisely interpret into saber skills.

And remember, Anakin does end up getting taken behind the woodshed by Obi-Wan. IMO, Anakin is only able to beat Dooku because he is embracing the Dark Side at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.